Phentermine comes in many different forms, dosages and colors.
While many people are familiar with the white & blue speckled phentermine pills, these popular weight loss pills also come in a variety of other presentations. As a result, it can be difficult to identify phentermine pills.
Phentermine Imprint Codes
An imprint codes is a combination of letters, numbers, words, symbols or logos that identifies a specific medication. It is assigned by the manufacturer and unique to each product.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration requires that all medicines (both prescription and OTC) and drug products (both biological and homeopathic) bear a unique imprint code. These markings facilitate the rapid and accurate identification of pills, whether by consumers, medical professionals or law enforcement (
Read more here: Phentermine Imprint Codes
Phentermine Pill Pictures
Phentermine comes in a wide variety of preparations in the United States and abroad, but phentermine pill pictures can help differentiate similar products or identify counterfeit medications.
The page linked below contains images and descriptions of phentermine, with tablets and capsules organized by dose, ascending from the lowest dose of 8mg (Lomaira) to the highest dose of 40mg (Duromine).
Read more here: Phentermine Pill Pictures
Fake pharmaceuticals are a dangerous and lucrative business, and phentermine is one of the most commonly counterfeited medications (2). So, it’s important that consumers remain vigilant about avoiding fake phentermine.
Fake phentermine is dangerous because it is unregulated and may contain (3):
- Dangerous or unknown chemicals
- Too much or too little of the active ingredient
- Potentially-harmful substances that should only be used under medical supervision
When purchasing weight loss pills online, be cautious of phentermine imitators with similar-sounding names, similar-looking pills and/or intentionally misleading advertising. These are all warning signs that the products available for purchase are counterfeit or fake phentermine pills.
Read more here: Fake Phentermine Pills
- Anderson, L. (Ed.). (2017, September 11). Imprint Code FAQs – For Oral Medications.
- Wechsler, J. (2012, September 02). Campaign Mounts to Curb Counterfeit Drugs.
- Bayer AG. (2018, December 14). What Are Counterfeit Drugs?
- H.R. 6353: Ryan Haight Online Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act of 2008, 110th Cong. (2008) (enacted).