Hello everyone, my name is Jennette. I started my diet Monday and I'm very motivated and excited to get started.
My doctor was very helpful in explaining to me diet I would be on (pretty much for the rest of my life). He prescribed me phentermine for appetite suppressant and so far I hardly feel hungry, just ridiculously thirsty haha!
I don't know what diets anyone else has specifically have been on using phentermine, but I figured I would share mine.
A little info on me: I'm 30, 250lbs, 42% body fat, hypothyroid (being treated) and PCOS.
So, he suggests if I keep this up for a year to 18 months, I'll lose 100lbs. My goal weight is 150lbs.
Sounds great to me! Crossing my fingers! So far I've lost 3lbs, but that's probably just water weight.
My diet consists of 3 simple rules I have to follow:
Eat 25% less of what I would normally eat on my plate. For example, if I have a bowl of spaghetti, I have to cut away 25% of the spaghetti and eat just the remaining 75%. Don’t go more than 25%. Stay consistent. This also means I can enjoy eating out still and not worry about cutting out foods I like (and I get lots of leftovers!).
When it comes to food selection, obviously go for the healthy options like wheat instead of white, skim instead of whole, etc. but I was told to try not to obsess over it and DON'T COUNT CALORIES because I'll drive myself nuts.
While I can eat mostly what I want, I am asked to avoid sugary snacks like ice cream, cakes, cookies, etc. Cheating is OKAY as long as it's not every day.
ICANNOT skip breakfast. Ever. Eat something. Anything. Preferably something solid (not a smoothie or yogurt, which count as liquids). You have to get your body burning something to start your fuel burn for the entire day. T
Avoid eating solid foods 3 hours before bedtime. Because anything you eat is immediately stored as fat once your body is in “rest” mode. It takes at least 3 hours for the meals you eat to burn up as fuel. Once your body is out of fuel when you go to sleep, it won’t have any fat to store!
As far as exercise, he told me not to do anything too extreme. He said whatever I choose to do (diet or exercise) has to be kept up forever if I want to keep it off. So start small with walking 30 minutes a day. Cuz that's something I definitely can do.
In the past I have lost significant amounts of weight doing low carb (I got down to 195! First time in YEARS). But once I added the food back, it all came back. So I knew I needed a diet that wasn't too restrictive, and I'm so glad I found this one! It has given me hope that I can still eat and enjoy things, even sweets in moderation, and keep the weight off.
I've read quite a few threads of success stories and people with similar situations. Gives me so hope! For the first time I think I might actually reach my goals! My first big goal is to drop under 200 lbs by October. Wish me luck! Thanks for having me!