• 1 Post By sugarpoultry
  • 1 Post By SunshineAndRain
  • 1 Post By sugarpoultry

Thread: Starting my Phentermine Journey

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Starting my Phentermine Journey

Hello everyone, my name is Jennette. I started my diet Monday and I'm very motivated and excited to get started.

My doctor was very helpful in explaining to me diet I would be on (pretty much for the rest of my life). He prescribed me phentermine for appetite suppressant and so far I hardly feel hungry, just ridiculously thirsty haha!

I don't know what diets anyone else has specifically have been on using phentermine, but I figured I would share mine.

A little info on me: I'm 30, 250lbs, 42% body fat, hypothyroid (being treated) and PCOS.
    So, he suggests if I keep this up for a year to 18 months, I'll lose 100lbs. My goal weight is 150lbs.
    Sounds great to me! Crossing my fingers! So far I've lost 3lbs, but that's probably just water weight.

My diet consists of 3 simple rules I have to follow:

Eat 25% less of what I would normally eat on my plate. For example, if I have a bowl of spaghetti, I have to cut away 25% of the spaghetti and eat just the remaining 75%. Don’t go more than 25%. Stay consistent. This also means I can enjoy eating out still and not worry about cutting out foods I like (and I get lots of leftovers!).
    When it comes to food selection, obviously go for the healthy options like wheat instead of white, skim instead of whole, etc. but I was told to try not to obsess over it and DON'T COUNT CALORIES because I'll drive myself nuts.
    While I can eat mostly what I want, I am asked to avoid sugary snacks like ice cream, cakes, cookies, etc. Cheating is OKAY as long as it's not every day.

RULE 2.
    ICANNOT skip breakfast. Ever. Eat something. Anything. Preferably something solid (not a smoothie or yogurt, which count as liquids). You have to get your body burning something to start your fuel burn for the entire day. T

RULE 3.
    Avoid eating solid foods 3 hours before bedtime. Because anything you eat is immediately stored as fat once your body is in “rest” mode. It takes at least 3 hours for the meals you eat to burn up as fuel. Once your body is out of fuel when you go to sleep, it won’t have any fat to store!

As far as exercise, he told me not to do anything too extreme. He said whatever I choose to do (diet or exercise) has to be kept up forever if I want to keep it off. So start small with walking 30 minutes a day. Cuz that's something I definitely can do.

In the past I have lost significant amounts of weight doing low carb (I got down to 195! First time in YEARS). But once I added the food back, it all came back. So I knew I needed a diet that wasn't too restrictive, and I'm so glad I found this one! It has given me hope that I can still eat and enjoy things, even sweets in moderation, and keep the weight off.

I've read quite a few threads of success stories and people with similar situations. Gives me so hope! For the first time I think I might actually reach my goals! My first big goal is to drop under 200 lbs by October. Wish me luck! Thanks for having me!
    karens1039 likes this.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Good Luck

I didn't know about that with food being stored as fat when you sleep. Good to know!

Started: March 18, 2017
    1st Goal: 175 lbs (174.6 May 16, 2017)
    2nd Goal: 165 lbs
    Goal: 160 lbs
    Maybe Goal: 145 lbs

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by MsCourtney_210 View Post
    Good Luck

I didn't know about that with food being stored as fat when you sleep. Good to know!
    Thanks! It was new information for me too. I'm glad I don't feel hunger with the phen otherwise it'd be impossible to keep up.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for sharing, I like your dr.'s rules! See my post from today - I'm very unhappy with how this is going and have cut way back (something I know I will not be able to stick to for long)....I might try your rules instead and see if that helps. Although I do eat some sort of sweet everyday I try to keep it at a minimum, just enough to satisfy me (like 2 squares of skinny cow divine caramels, 5 hershey kisses, etc.). I'm extremely picky so maybe your rules will help me more. I'm not a big fruit eater and try to get 2-3 servings of veggies in everyday. Using myfitnesspal and while I'm happy to be under what I'm allowed everyday I'm also ticked because having to actually look at what I eat and take the time to enter in every single thing really bites!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Full progress

I hate when people take a weight loss pill and give no details about their weight loss journey. Its soooooo frustrating. I heard about phentermine a while back. I went online to do research and nothing much came up so i have decide to share my own experience as detailed as i can.

First i had to find a doctor that would prescribe the pill. I called around to about 20 or 30 until i found one. My doctor wouldnt give it to me because she's really strict. She feels eating right and exercise is the only way to achieve weight loss. I agree but i wanted a "jump start" Anyway i cound a doctor and got the pills and i was 320 pounds. Im 26 years old and 5'10. Thankfully im tall so I hide my weight well lol.

Day 1 or yesterday. (All my post will be about the day before) I ate breakfast and took the pill at 10am (as per doctors order) and went to work. At about 12 i started feeling light headed and tired. It felt like i wanted to throw up. Sounds terribleI know but it wasnt all that bad. By 1 my mouth was dry. I think i drank 6 bottles of water by 4. But i wasnt hungry!! Maybe the water filled me up. I had lunch at 5 a bowl of honey dew melons and drank more water because my mouth was still dry. At 9pm my hunger came back with a vengence. I felt like i was starving. Sad to say i went to McDonald's and got a tripple cheese burger and a large sweet tea. After eating the burger i was stuffed! Which was amazing to me because i can usually eat 2 and still have room for more. At 4am this morning my stomach felt bubbly. I used the bathroom for a good 7 minutes. It was a little uncomfortable but i figured this was a good thing. Now at 5:48 am im up writting this post. Lol. I'll let you know how today goes
    karens1039 likes this.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Chew gun

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineAndRain View Post
    I hate when people take a weight loss pill and give no details about their weight loss journey. Its soooooo frustrating. I heard about phentermine a while back. I went online to do research and nothing much came up so i have decide to share my own experience as detailed as i can.

First i had to find a doctor that would prescribe the pill. I called around to about 20 or 30 until i found one. My doctor wouldnt give it to me because she's really strict. She feels eating right and exercise is the only way to achieve weight loss. I agree but i wanted a "jump start" Anyway i cound a doctor and got the pills and i was 320 pounds. Im 26 years old and 5'10. Thankfully im tall so I hide my weight well lol.

Day 1 or yesterday. (All my post will be about the day before) I ate breakfast and took the pill at 10am (as per doctors order) and went to work. At about 12 i started feeling light headed and tired. It felt like i wanted to throw up. Sounds terribleI know but it wasnt all that bad. By 1 my mouth was dry. I think i drank 6 bottles of water by 4. But i wasnt hungry!! Maybe the water filled me up. I had lunch at 5 a bowl of honey dew melons and drank more water because my mouth was still dry. At 9pm my hunger came back with a vengence. I felt like i was starving. Sad to say i went to McDonald's and got a tripple cheese burger and a large sweet tea. After eating the burger i was stuffed! Which was amazing to me because i can usually eat 2 and still have room for more. At 4am this morning my stomach felt bubbly. I used the bathroom for a good 7 minutes. It was a little uncomfortable but i figured this was a good thing. Now at 5:48 am im up writting this post. Lol. I'll let you know how today goes

For the dry mouth chew gum. It really really helps trust me.

Started: March 18, 2017
    1st Goal: 175 lbs (174.6 May 16, 2017)
    2nd Goal: 165 lbs
    Goal: 160 lbs
    Maybe Goal: 145 lbs

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I second chewing gum for dry mouth. For sure!

Thanks for the comments guys! Well, an update, It's been exactly a month to the day since I started and I'm down 15 lbs! Exactly what my doctor anticipated.

I feel better, my inflammation is gone (my stomach swells a lot in the evening, especially if I eat a lot). I've had a few cheats along the way, but I kept the rules of not eating 3 hours before bedtime, and keeping my portions 25% less then normal. I'm also measuring, and I've lost an inch in my thighs and stomach. I'm down a pant size from size 20 to 18.

I'm happy! So far its been the easiest diet I've been on. I lose roughly a pound a week, although there was one week I lost 2!

Here's hoping my goal of 200lbs (half way) is met by the end of the year!
    karens1039 likes this.