Hair thinning?
Phentermine.com
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sarah270
  • 1 Post By LillyTerry
  • 1 Post By Jairan

Thread: Hair thinning?

Bronze Phenster

Those are bomb tips Thank you so much! I will try to do some of them !
    sarah270 likes this.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sarah270 View Post
    Good tips LillyTerry! Thanks so much for sharing

If you're curious to read more about this topic, you may be interested in our blog article about hair loss on phentermine!
    Thank you. I'll check it)
    sarah270 likes this.

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Good tips LillyTerry! Thanks so much for sharing

If you're curious to read more about this topic, you may be interested in our blog article about hair loss on phentermine!
    LillyTerry likes this.

Phen Newbie

Iron and protein are important. I eat as much fruits, veggies, berries, nuts, and seafood as possible including beans for proteins and vitamins. I also use a wooden hairbrush like this to massage my scalp and spread natural oil(sebum) over the strands. Also, take more sunbathing, because the vitamin d plays an important role in the hair growth process. And try not to stress about the hair thinning too much, cause it's also may be one of the reasons.

Phen Newbie

Exclamation

I'm 62, have been using Phentermine on-and-off for 1-1/2 years and have lately also noticed that my coarse, thick hair is evenly thinner. Not sure what other factors are also affecting this, but I've really sen the difference during th time I've been taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by kanyetothe View Post
    Hey all, this is my first post.

I've searched this forum and read the different experiences of phen in regards to hair loss/hair thinning. I'm 22 y/o, and have atypical hair thinning, mostly in the middle of my head. I was on amphetamines since i was 17, adderall from 17 to 21, and then phen for two months, the last time being in early June. I never really paid attention to my hair until more recently when i noticed that i could see my scalp when i got out of the shower and my hair was wet. Male pattern baldness doesn't run on my mom's side, and my dad does not have typical mpb, although he started going thin in his crown area around 30. I highly suspect taht this is due to stressful circumstances, divorce and anxiety attacks. But for the most part, he looks like he still has his hair. What i'm trying to say is i doubt what i'm experience can be contributed to genetics, and more likely is related to the start of this drug.

One of the working theories i came across is that there is poor nutrition when there is weight loss. I don't know if this is the case for me.

The second theory i read is that it's a vasoconstricting drug, which can disturb circulation in blood vessel and capillaries in the head and strain nourishment to hair follicles causing minitarization.

I'm inclined to believe it is the second one, and wonder if people agree with me.

Also, the most important question i have is when did u start seeing normal hair growth after you discontinued taking the phen?

Thanks

Phen Newbie

Thanks! I have started uping my protein, but I had not thought about iron.

Quote Originally Posted by OOlala View Post
    Protein and iron are very important. I try to eat as much seafood as possible including sea weed for iodine and I also take a
    hair skin and nails suppliment http://www.amazon.com/Natrol-Skin-Ha...166539&sr=8-30

Protein and iron are very important. I try to eat as much seafood as possible including sea weed for iodine and I also take a
    hair skin and nails suppliment http://www.amazon.com/Natrol-Skin-Ha...166539&sr=8-30
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten "
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phen Newbie

Default Sounds so similar to me

Hey Kanyetothe,

I noticed your posts & thought they sounded most similar to what I am experiencing. Do you mind if I ask how long and what dose you took? I took only (6) 37.5 mg spaced out over a month. Like you, I do not feel that I have lost hair per say but, thinned out & seeing more scalp.

I looked at your pictures. You mentioned that the last shot with the pic took over the top of your head is the one that freaked you out the most. I wanted to tell you that I took pictures & had the same experience. However, my sister that I believe to have a normal hair & does not take meds took the same shot of the top of her head and had the same result if not a little worse actually. Something about the way the light plays with the camera made us look like we had parts on top of our heads big enough to drive a car through. I would think if you could snap the tops of other guys heads you would probably get the same result.

As for the rest of your hair, my husband has hair texture & color just like yours. I have always been able to see peeks of his scalp through his hair, but he has no hair issues. I just think that it is the contrast of the pale scalp with his dark black hair. However, I also believe that you know your hair best & any concerns you have are valid.

I just wanted to let you know that even know I am a girl, you're not alone. I've been driving myself crazy worried about what I feel I see going on with my hair as well. There also is not a family history of hair thinning on either side of my family. Well, I'll be praying for our hair. Keep posted!

Brandy

hey kara,

thanks for your very detailed response. i'm going to do what you suggest and try to be more aware of my protein/vegatble intake. i was just taking pictures of my head and today and really have not noticed a difference between when i went off the phen and now, which has been aorund 40 days. It saddens me that i did not do my research first before i blindly wanted to take the elixir to quick weight loss. i joined a hair loss forum to seek counsel from there too. Here are some pics

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...&enterthread=y

Phen Newbie

thanks sleepycat for sharing your experience. do you how long it took for your hair to revert back to its normal state before the phen?
    I hate to say it but my hair didn't feel "normal" again until about a year passed. But I waited too long to get on the nioxin, I just should have purchased it right away. Once I did it slowed, then stopped, and then it kept getting better. I want to say I was down to about half my usual head of hair before I took any action.

Phen Newbie

thanks sleepycat for sharing your experience. do you how long it took for your hair to revert back to its normal state before the phen?

Phen Newbie

I am actually a hair stylist and this happened to me the last time I was on Phen...I was freaked out! I was pulling out handfuls in the shower. I stopped it from happening by purchasing Nioxin (the starter kit) and even though I think it smells like wet dog, it worked.
    This time around I was sure to take a biotin supplement and I notice a little shedding but not like it was before.

Bronze Phenster

lol I totally know what you mean. There's a lot of postive re-inforcement on this web-site. I expected to be constantly edited by someone higher up, but we can speak our mind freely and that seems to give all these people a great place to support each other. Talk ta ya soon!

Phen Newbie

wow, thanks for your comment. I frequent many forums, but this by far is a new experience. I guess women are nicer posters than men lol.

Yeah, i was looking for a weightloss forum, but really didn't find many active ones. It surprises me that this is so active compared to ones specifically for the purpose of general weight loss.

also, one thing i want to do is give a definitive answer to my question about if hair reverts back to normal growth cycle/thickness pattern. I know someday somebody might have the same experience as i do, and i want him/her to know the answer.

i only found one answer while searching the archives, and it was more said in passing, than assertively. Which was 3 months. So going by that, i should be fine around september, maybe october.
    Last edited by kanyetothe; July 14th, 2010 at 01:13 AM.

Bronze Phenster

I would love that kanyetothe! I think a lot of people on hear will love to hear it when your hair comes back in

I'm so happy to hear your doing all those great things for your health/body. Also, please keep coming here for weight loss support. I've seen a few others that phen didn't work out for them but they've still been getting the support they need here... we'd all love to be a part of your journey to wellness

You're at the age where the world is at your finger-tips. It's easier to reach out for what you want if you're comfortable in your body. Keep in touch n keep doing good things for yourself k?

Phen Newbie

kara, that's a pretty interesting thought. I'm not that worried though to consider testing my body's ph levels.

Right now, i'm just going to wait until october to see what the state of my hair is. There's no need to be a worry wart now.

In the meantime, i've switched up some of my routine that i've been doing for the past month now. That is, i don't use shampoo anymore, after i found out about the sulfates. I just rinse my head everytime i take a shower. I don't see any hair fallling out, so that's probably a good sign if there is one in this ordeal. i apply olive oil to my hair once a week, and jojoba oil every other day. I've been massaging my head for at least 5-10 minutes a day to promote good circulation. And now, i'm gonna focus on eating high fiber, high protein diets. While taking a multivitamin...

oh yeah, i also got men's gnc table called nourishair. It has biotin and amino acid in it. If you want to, i can update you on my progress

Bronze Phenster

No problem, I'm glad to contribute...the people on this site have given me sooo much inspiration!

Your hair isn't too bad at this point. Maybe it's easier to prevent than to grow it back? But yeah you are sooo young to be dealing with that!

Sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to a male before. I read your posts from the other site. Saw Palmetto can deter hair from falling out for men (possibly women)...but it's a long term thing and I don't think it makes it grow back so to speak. It has more to do with the hormones. It blocks an enzyme in testosterone from being converted to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is the main contributer for that n prostate problems. So long term that may help since it runs in your genes. Some weight lifters loose hair rapidly because they're increasing their testostorone levels therefore increasing the DHT also if it runs in their genes to convert over that way.

But based on what you're saying this is probably completely different (again I'm not medical person so my advice could be complete garbage lol). A lot of people on phen seem to be having this problem.

Ok so brand new thought.... Since I started taking phen my body wants to become very acidic. I just read that alkaline deficiency causes excessive hair loss. If you want to u can go to a health food store or where-ever and get some ph stips (maybe wal-mart I dunno)? They're cheap and all you have to do is spit or pee on them. I know it sounds crazy but ph is very important. There's a lot of info out there, but when your acidic your body will start to pull calcium, magnesium, potassium etc. out of tissues, organs, n bones to try to maintain an alkaline balance. So I've been taking a (just a cheap one from kmart has been working for me $6) coral calcium with magnesium and the strip shortly after becomes green again...I didn't put together that the two could relate. But this is just a thought. Either way in my opinion it's important for a lot of defferent reasons not to sit in an acidic state. I tested mine again earlier today and it was so acidic it didn't show up anything on the paper. I never had this problem before, and I don't eat much of any sugars nor do I drink soda. I took another coral calcium w. magnesium n see if that brings it back up... I guess I'll just keep doing that till I'm done with the phen.

Ok ok ok no more deep thoughts from me for a while HA HA I get so carried away I ramble on an on...

Best of luck to you

Phen Newbie

hey kara,

thanks for your very detailed response. i'm going to do what you suggest and try to be more aware of my protein/vegatble intake. i was just taking pictures of my head and today and really have not noticed a difference between when i went off the phen and now, which has been aorund 40 days. It saddens me that i did not do my research first before i blindly wanted to take the elixir to quick weight loss. i joined a hair loss forum to seek counsel from there too. Here are some pics

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...&enterthread=y

Bronze Phenster

I'm sorry to hear that. That's a really hard trade off to loose your hair to loose weight. I think Krys has great advice with the multi vitimans. My fav is Garden of Life I get cheapest on vitacost.com Unbalances in the body can reak havok and take some trial and error to find.

So last week I got my hair dyed. I've been getting it highlighted for 10+ years. This time tons of it broke off and fell out. 2 huge chunks up front that were so noticable that when I went bike riding I kept thinking there's a bug in my hair... it was the wind pushing the clumps of broken of short pieces around. I've never had that happen before so maybe there's a link. It's really big chunks too. I'm still staying on it till my weight is off, or that's the plan. My friend who is thin has chunks of broken hair too, but she eats almost no fruit or vegetables ever. She still looks really good, but she eats a lot of protein and has good genetics.

Here's what another lady said her doctor told her "That it causes your blood vessels to constrict, so your scalp is not recieving as many nutrients, or blood circulation" and he put her on Rogaine. About 5 people said Nioxin worked for their hair loss.

Hair loss can be tied to so many different things... insulin resistance, hormonal changes, malnutrition, mineral defecencies, stress, rapid weight loss, lack of idodine, iron, silica, fatty acids, zink, or protein, thyroid problems etc.

Stimulants constrict blood vessels, dilate pupils, release sugar and fat into your blood stream, and energize the brain to increased alertness. Some avoid caffiene while on phen so not to double up on stimulants.

another good article for supplements that reduce hair loss http://naturalmedicine.suite101.com/...d-restore-hair

Ok so here's some ideas, maybe not what you're looking for but hey I'm throwing anything out there that maybe could help....

Try not to spike insulin (eat high fiber high protein meals)

Eat a yeast friendly diet, if you have yeast problems take grape seed oil extracts, garlic etc. (google candida hair loss)

Good B Vitamin with Niacin..... (B3) which helps expand the blood vessels and get more blood flow to the scalp, the Biotin (B7) makes the hair more elastin and makes hair thicker B12 regenerages red blood. etc all the B's are good for the blood flow (might ask the doctor if it's fine to take with phen, I have no idea? I've not had any problems so far)...too much B's can be as bad as too little!

Jucing Vegetables gets a lot of the raw nutrients

1 cup of blueberries in a blender is like 12,000 orac for antioxadants for free radicals which is good regarless but can also help with hair

PROTEIN...we all need it and I notice the women that eat lots of protein (chicken, eggs, WHEY, hamburger whatever) have less loose skin as well . And whey protein is packed full of amino acids, when I take it my nails start to grow again too. Hair and skin both require addaquate amounts of protein. Like at least 15-20grams 2-3 times a day makes a huge difference.
    http://www.judymcfarland.com/skin.shtml

calcium/magnesium imbalance can cause hair to fall out. http://searchwa*******/swa462012-How...-Hair-Loss.htm

L-Cysteine for hair google it, many swear by it, it's in most whey protein

KRILL OIL for a really good Omega 3, which you could be low in if you're not eating much food and some take this just for hair loss.

IODINE.. (kelp) some gain hair back from this alone, but it usually means there was some other underlying problem. If someone was having trouble loosing weight they may have had an iodine def. to start with (usually relates to thyroid). Mom and I took liquid iodine and put a few drops on our arm... mine stayed on the surface while hers disappeared...she had thyroid problems.

Ok that's all the ideas I could find. I really hope you're able to get your hair back! I know a lady that did a HMR diet and almost the whole top of her head went bald, always figured it was from all that soy protein? Worste case I've seen and I don't think she was on phen or anything?

I'm no doctor. I suppose I should say consult yours before you try these things.

GOOD LUCK
    Hang in there!

Phen Newbie

thanks for your reply, i remember reading your thread. btw, you look very beautiful.

i stopped losing weight when i stopped the phen. Which was about 40 days ago. I don't notice any return to my normal hair growth, so this is quite worrisome for me. As you can imagine, i'm quite down on myself for relying on something unnatural to lose weight.
    Last edited by kanyetothe; July 13th, 2010 at 11:27 AM.

Hi I posted a thread about this a few days ago. I didn't get many replies, so I went ahead and called my dermatologist. I was told that my loss was likely due the actual weight loss. The process of losing a lot of weight sometimes put the body in a state of panic.

I am very careful about my diet and I have always taken a multivitamin. So, its not malnutrition. Dr said that weight loss sometimes tells the body to put extra hair follicles to "sleep" so your body conserves some nutrients. However it is very temporary. He said almost ALL his patients that have gastric bypass end up with hair thinning.

What to do? Well I started taking a vitamin for hair and nails in addition to my regular multivitamin. AND started using a shampoo with some herbs in it for healthy hair follicles.

When does it come back? When you stop losing weight. The vitamin and the shampoo might help stall it, but if its gonna happen...its gonna happen. Once you get to goal and are able to get to maintenence calories, your body will be comfortable enough to wake up the hair.

Sorry I don't have better news. My hair is very thick, so even though I have lost a lot, its not really noticeable to anyone but me. But sure did scare the heck out of me when it was falling out by the handful!!!

Hope that helps!

KRYS
    Started Phen on Jan. 1st 2010!

My Weight Chart:
    >

Phen Newbie

Default Hair thinning?

Hey all, this is my first post.

I've searched this forum and read the different experiences of phen in regards to hair loss/hair thinning. I'm 22 y/o, and have atypical hair thinning, mostly in the middle of my head. I was on amphetamines since i was 17, adderall from 17 to 21, and then phen for two months, the last time being in early June. I never really paid attention to my hair until more recently when i noticed that i could see my scalp when i got out of the shower and my hair was wet. Male pattern baldness doesn't run on my mom's side, and my dad does not have typical mpb, although he started going thin in his crown area around 30. I highly suspect taht this is due to stressful circumstances, divorce and anxiety attacks. But for the most part, he looks like he still has his hair. What i'm trying to say is i doubt what i'm experience can be contributed to genetics, and more likely is related to the start of this drug.

One of the working theories i came across is that there is poor nutrition when there is weight loss. I don't know if this is the case for me.

The second theory i read is that it's a vasoconstricting drug, which can disturb circulation in blood vessel and capillaries in the head and strain nourishment to hair follicles causing minitarization.

I'm inclined to believe it is the second one, and wonder if people agree with me.

Also, the most important question i have is when did u start seeing normal hair growth after you discontinued taking the phen?

Thanks