Phen FAQ - work in progress
    Photos
    View albums

Wow..... thank you for all the information and for taking the time to do it. This is great

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Thank you for taking the time to improve on this section of the board. I know newbies (like me) come in and have all kinds of questions-usually ones that have been asked many times before...so this will be a very good resource for us to come and do our own research!

Thanks again and I will be looking forward to seeing the results.

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

AWESOME!! Thank you for taking the time to put that together!!! That is great!!! It needs to be a sticky!!
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

Photos
    View albums

awesome! That is the info I originally came here for. This is one of the few phen sites. It needs that info. I cant wait to read the whole thing.

Photos
    View albums

I am going to have 2 more sections. one will be weight loss. That will discuss it not being a magic pilll and special diets, what low carb means, the water question, etc.

then I will also have a section on exercise. I'm hoping to have those up today but obviously this is a bit time intensive so it might take me a few days!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Photos
    View albums

Just what I needed! Thank you! Did you mention Phen is not a magic pill and it is recommended to be used as a diet aid along with diet and exercise? And when you stop taking Phen if your diet and activity level is the same as before Phen you will eventually weigh what you did before Phen, possibly more. Maybe a link to info from wikipedia? It list name brands, side effects, etc. I've received alot of PM asking those questions. It is wonderful that you gave so much of your personal time to write this. I really appreciate it.

Photos
    View albums

Hey USA, welcome! please read through the info above. there is a question specifically talking about how do you find a doctor. As for the weight coming back, we'll be addressing that in further FAQs but honestly that all depends on you.
    41 down 36 to go!

7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

USA
    Photos
    View albums

Red face Newbie looking for script!

Hi All! How did you find a doc to give you a script? I am so sick of them telling me to diet and exercise -dah! I just want to jump start my weightloss with phen. Do you think this will work or do you think I once you stop taking it the weight will come back? Let me know I am really wanting to get the majority of weight off my November. Any ideas?

Photos
    View albums

Thanks guys! I know I'm a bit wordy. I've always needed a copy editor.. so if anyone sees typos or ways to describe something better please let me know. It is a first draft. There are two other sections I'd like to add to it. I also was thinking about when posting the final draft making each question as it's own reply... that way if someone asks a specific question, we have the ability to use the "permalink" option to refer to a specific question for someone.

Kellbell, we all asked questions like these, and people will continue to ask questions like these, and that's totally OK. This might just help some find a quick answer and not be hurt when they don't get their question answered because they are the 3rd person that day to ask it..

Seriously guys, any feedback good or bad is definitely welcome!

Thanks!
    41 down 36 to go!

7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Photos
    View albums

What a great thread!! You covered all of it, too bad this can't be sent right to a new person as soon as they sign up. I feel like a bonehead cause I asked most of the questions here- LOL sorry about that!!

Post-Pregnancy Weight 215 on 5/5/08
    SW 189 : 7/1/08 - Started Phen
    CW 175 : 7/31/08
    CW 167 : 9/5/08
    CW 164 : 9/30/08
    CW 160 : 11/10/08
    BREAK FROM PHEN 12/1/08 - 1/4/09
    CW 160 : 1/8/09

Mini Goal : #1 Lose 10lbs in a month of July (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #2 165 by 9/19/08 (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #3 160 by 11/10/08 (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #4 155 by 1/30/09
    Goal 125

(NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!)

Photos
    View albums

Wow, you definately have some great information listed
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsTmMh6/]

mini goals:
    180-met
    165-met

Photos
    View albums

Wow!!! This is great. I think this will help a lot of new people including me ,as well as serve as a refresher for someone who may have been gone for a while.

Photos
    View albums

I definitely think this should be submitted to Suzanne and this should become immediately available to all new members. Good info!!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Photos
    View albums

OMG!!!!! This is fantastic.....I wish there was something like this when I joined....I havent any suggestions at this time I think you have covered all the important things. I am in awe of you....well done!!!

Photos
    View albums

PHENTERMINE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:
    Please understand that no one on this site is authorized to give you medical advice. You are welcome to ask our opinions, but as always seeking the advice of a medical professional is absolutely essential when taking a pharmaceutical. No one here is an authorized medical professional to assist you with Phentermine. We are all users on our own weight loss journeys.

How can I find a doctor to prescribe Phentermine?
    If you haven’t asked your current GP or Ob/gyn (yes some of us have gotten our prescriptions from them), the best first place to start is with your current physicians!
    Some users have had luck with weight loss clinics in your area. Try googling by your city, or area code with phrases like “weight loss center or “weight loss clinic” Here is also a link to doctors throughout the U.S. that may be able to assist.
    https://www.phentermine.com/forum/my...ribe-phen.html

Can I order Phentermine online?
    Phentermine is a controlled substance in the U.S. and abroad and can only be legally obtained through a physicians prescription. This question has been addressed so many times that there are several threads answering it.This one summarizes in a nutshell. https://www.phentermine.com/forum/my...en-online.html

Isn’t Phentermine the same as fen-Phen!
    No! Phentermine is still a legal prescription medicine. Please read the FDA’s FAQ on Fen-Phen here: http://www.fda.gov/Cder/news/phen/fenphenqa2.htm

My Doctor prescribed Phentermine and an anti-depressant (wellbutrin, prozac, lexapro, etc) is it safe to take?
    Some of our members have been prescribed this combination. The FDA’s official stance on it is as follows: The FDA has not reviewed the safety or efficacy of such combinations and has not approved their use. These drugs are active in serotonin metabolism but have somewhat different activity than fenfluramine and dexfenfluramine. No currently available weight-loss drugs have been studied adequately in combinations to permit a recommendation by FDA for combined use. This basically means if your doctor is prescribing this, he is doing so, “off label” it is up to you and your physician to determine if this is a safe course of action for you.

Do I have to be a certain BMI or percentage overweight to be prescribed Phentermine?
    From what our users have seen, this really depends on the physician prescribing it to you. It is recommended that Phentermine only be given to obese patients for a short period of time. However, this experience varies widely from physician to physician. Bottom line:CAP.

What are the common side effects of Phentermine?
    Again, please CAP for the best information regarding this. Also, don’t be afraid to talk to your pharmacist! This link is from ********** and goes over the various side effects associated with Phen. http://www.**********/sfx/phen********side-effects.html

I just started taking Phentermine, and I’m incredibly hyper, is this normal?
    Many users do experience an incredible burst of energy in the first few days of taking Phen. If you find yourself unable to sleep, with a racing pulse, or high blood pressure. Please CAP. If you just find you have more energy than normal, use this to your advantage and burn some calories being active! Some people find that taking half their dose in the A.M. and the other half in the early afternoon reduces the Hyper effect. Again, CAP before doing this!

I just started taking Phentermine, and I’m incredibly sleepy, is this normal?
    While this is not as common of a side effect as excessive energy, it is a side effect. Many people find that after the first few days on Phentermine the sleepiness goes away. Again, if your symptoms do not seem right to you. CAP.

I’ve heard you eventually build up a tolerance to Phentermine and it stops working?
    The forum is full of people who have continued for extended periods of time on Phentermine with continued success and also those that have seen the effects of Phen wear off over time. This really varies greatly from person to person.

Are mood swings a common side effect of Phen?
    This is a question our users get asked often! The simple answer is yes! If the mood swings are not something you can control, Please CAP. Many of our users have experienced something we refer to on the site as “phen rage” which is an incredible urge to lash out at someone in a manner far more combative than typically would be called for. Others also experience extreme euphoria and extreme sadness at times. If you find these are affecting your quality of life or you have had mental health issues in the past please let your physician know prior to starting Phen!

I’ve just started taking Phentermine and I have a headache, is this normal?
    This is another common question asked on the site. Many new users of Phentermine will experience some headaches initially. If the pain seems stronger than a typical headache for you, please CAP ASAP. However, many of our users have found that significantly increasing their water intake resolves the majority of these early headaches.

I’ve been taking Phentermine and I have bad constipation, is this normal?
    Many of our users have experienced this issue in the past. It is important to discuss this with your CAP as soon as possible. For immediate relief, some of our members have had tremendous success with magnesium citrate, however this is something that should not be used more than once or twice a week. Others have been used stool softeners such as Colase or a dieter’s tea. Please remember prolonged laxatives can have dangerous results, so please CAP before taking any OTC remedies! Also adjusting your diet to include extensive fiber is beneficial!

Does my insurance cover Phentermine?
    Most plans do not cover the cost of Phentermine. Some of the better priced pharmacies include include Wal Mart and Costco. There is also a discount prescription card that many users have had success with. A link to that thread can be found here: https://www.phentermine.com/forum/my...hh-mazing.html

How much Phentermine can I take?
    This is only something your physician can answer. Phentermine comes in 15mg tabs, 30 mg extended release and 37.5 mg tabs. What you should take depends entirely on your physician’s recommendation. To take more than your physician has recommended is dangerous.

My Phentermine looks different than the last time I got it, is it the real stuff?
    If you have purchased your phentermine through a pharmacy with a doctor’s prescription it is “the real Phentermine” Currently there are many different brands on the market, some are blue with white flecks others white with blue flecks some are blue with blue flecks. Some people claim to have different reactions to different pills, but this really varies from user to users. The primary thing to remember is if it was given to you by an actual pharmacy it is a real version of Phentermine. If you find that certain brands affect you differently discuss this with your physician.
    Last edited by thin4good; July 31st, 2008 at 11:58 AM.

Photos
    View albums

__________________________________________________ ________________

Hello Phriend!

WELCOME:
    Welcome to the Phentermine Forums. If you’re new to the message board, please take a few minutes to read through this helpful information about our group!
    If you’ve found your way to our forum, odds are you have either been prescribed Phentermine or would like to be prescribed Phentermine to help you on your weight loss journey. That’s how we all got started! The good news is this forum is full of honest and open users willing to talk about anything and everything related to Phentermine and weight loss! Our members are all at various stages in their weight loss journey so there’s lots of experience to draw from! We always welcome new members looking for support!

BEFORE POSTING:
    We strongly encourage new members to take a look around before posting a new thread. Sometimes your question is already being discussed in an existing thread! Also, our users are very generous with their time in answering questions! But our forum is a lot like being invited to a party, would you walk into a room full of strangers and start asking questions before introducing yourself and making some small talk? Of course not, so respond to a couple of existing threads and maybe start a thread introducing yourself, and you’ll find the members very willing to help! The first 3 pages of posts are typically the current topics being discussed!

PHENTERMINE FORUM FAQ:
    We realize that this information is cursory, and if you feel like you’d like to discuss anything addressed in this FAQ in further detail, please feel free to ask us! But sometimes members are looking for just some basic info before getting started and that’s what this FAQ is designed to help with! It has been broken up into Various categories for easier navigation!

GENERAL FORUM QUESTIONS:

How do I search to find out if my question has already been asked?
    This forum has been around for a lot of years, so many questions have been asked many times. A good place to start is by reading the first few pages of threads. If you don’t find what you’re looking for there, try the “search” link on the upper right hand side of the forums. It is usually best to do an advanced search if you’re looking for something specific. Also, we’ve answered some of the most common questions in this FAQ!

What do those letters like TOM and OT mean?
    As is often the case online, people abbreviate certain words to reply faster. Some of the main ones used on our forums include:
    • TOM – Time Of the Month –usually a source of frustration during weight loss
      OT – Off Topic –usually used to warn about a post not related to phentermine
      Phen – shortened version of Phentermine
      DH/DD/DS – Dear/Darling Husband (sometimes ****Head) Dear/Darling Daughter Dear/Darling Son
      Onederland! –weighing below 199 and a magical place for many!
      CAP – Consult a Physician

If I want to respond to an existing thread how do I do that?
    The easiest way is to hit “quick reply” on whoever posted to the thread last. You an always select the “advanced” option from there if you want more results.

If I want to start a new thread how do I do that?
    At the top of the forum list of threads there’s a link that says “start new thread”

I want to reference something specific someone already said. How do I quote them? At the bottom of that users post there will be a link on the right hand side that says “quote” click on that. If you want to respond to multiple users you can select the “multi quote”

How do I post pictures?
    There are several different ways to post pictures. There is the pic you use for your Avatar. That’s the pic that shows every time you post under your name. Then there are pics you can include in your signature. You can also just post pictures right in the text of your messages. The forum does allow you to upload smaller pictures straight from your computer. But we strongly recommend uploading your pictures to a photo site like www.photobucket.com Once you have uploaded your pics to a site like that you can use the URL photobucket gives you to share that picture in the body of your post, your signature or Avatar.

Do I have to post my weight and a picture of myself?
    This is definitely not a requirement. Many of our members enjoy the freedom they feel on our forum to be completely honest about their weight! For many of us it’s the first place other than our doctor’s office we actually do share what we weigh! We realize not everyone is comfortable with this and that’s entirely up to you. Though it does stand to reason the more open you are about yourself the more open others in the forum will be with you!

Why do certain threads end up back at the top of the forum after I’ve read them?
    This means that someone has responded to the thread since you last read it. If you wish to jump to the last post in a thread, under the “last post” column click on the right facing arrow after the users name and it will take you to the last post.

I want to read all the responses that people post to a certain thread, but I keep having to dig for it, how can I not lose the thread and/or be updated when people respond?
    There are two ways you can do this. One is by opening the thread and clicking on “Thread Tools” in the upper right hand side just below the subject title of the thread. Then click on “subscribe to this thread.” The other way to follow a thread is reply to it and under advanced reply select “subscribe to this thread.” You can then see your subscribed threads by clicking on “user cp” in the upper right hand corner. Once on that page, look on the right hand side under “subscribed threads”

I see a user who has stats I’m interested in knowing more about. How do I contact them directly?
    New members to the site often will see a user who has started out at a similar weight and has had success and want to ask them what they have done. You can always private message someone, but before private messaging them, it might be a good idea to do an “advanced search” and search by threads or posts by that user. Read through some of the info they’ve already posted and you might find an easy answer to your question on their success. If you don’t find what you’re looking for there, you can click on the users name and select “private message” to send a message that isn’t available to the entire forum.

I’m not interested in reading responses or threads posted by a certain user, is there a way to block them or ignore them?
    Rarely do we have users who are obnoxious or abusive, but on occasion there can be someone that users don’t enjoy reading their posts. If this occurs, the best thing to do is add that person to your ignore list under your “user cp” then you will see that they have posted, but not have to read through what they’ve posted.

What if I want to reference a post from one thread in another thread?
    At the top of each post in a thread on the right hand side is a link called “permalink #X” If you right click on that link and select “properties” highlight the Address URL and hit ctrl C to copy it. Then when in a new post on a different thread type ctrlV to paste it.

Photos
    View albums

Default Phen FAQ - work in progress

I clearly took my 2nd dose of phen WAY too late! LOL that's alright I used the time productively. This is a first draft of the Phen FAQ. I have only covered two sections. I would like to include two others. The two so far are General forum questions and general phentermine questions, I will try to add tomorrow general weight loss questions and general exercise questions.

I am open to any and all feedback! It is a work in progress! Also if you feel that we have good threads to address the questions and I missed them, please please please let me know!
    Last edited by thin4good; July 31st, 2008 at 05:59 AM.