I hate pictures

Thread: I hate pictures

Hey there neighbor! You look great! There is a huge difference in your two photos! You don't need to hide from the camera anymore. You really look AWESOME!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

2. Advertising
    advertising

I really see a difference. You are doing a great job! I hate getting pictures taken too, but what you said about memories makes a lot of sense.

Default reply to cruisegirl

Quote Originally Posted by cruisegirl1023 View Post
    I know what you mean. I do the same thing. I never see it on me, even in pictures. Does this sound familiar? This is my life, LOL!!!

Friend- Wow, you have lost weight!
    Me- Not really, only xxx pounds

Friend- You are looking great! You've lost a lot of weight
    Me- Sigh... I'm still a fattie, I have a long way to go

We can't see it when we're losing it, and we can't take compliments about it... it's as though if we acknowledge it, it will all go away, or we really have to acknowledge how big we were when we started. I wish I could deal with it better. I'm sure when I get close to my goal I'll be a diva about it though LOL!!!
    Yes...that is exactly how i feel. I do feel as if i will wake up and BAM the weight is back or the pills will just stop working. When I get compliments, I only think about how much more i need to lose. I am going to get away from this destructive way of thinking. It was really hard to post the picks of me but I think it is imperative for me to finally "show" what I have been hiding and I think this forum is such a safe and supportive place to share especially when it comes down to body image.
    SW: 250 (6/16/08)
    240 (6/23/08)
    233 (7/06/08)
    230 (7/15/08)
    220 (7/30/08: 10lbs. in July---->goal met)

You look great! I totally agree with hating having your pic taken...I'm the same way.

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar

I know what you mean. I do the same thing. I never see it on me, even in pictures. Does this sound familiar? This is my life, LOL!!!

Friend- Wow, you have lost weight!
    Me- Not really, only xxx pounds

Friend- You are looking great! You've lost a lot of weight
    Me- Sigh... I'm still a fattie, I have a long way to go

We can't see it when we're losing it, and we can't take compliments about it... it's as though if we acknowledge it, it will all go away, or we really have to acknowledge how big we were when we started. I wish I could deal with it better. I'm sure when I get close to my goal I'll be a diva about it though LOL!!!
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

It does stink when the person putting in the work is last on to see the fruits of their labor. Please change your perception to not look at you as you were, but see who you have become. You are beautiful!!!!!!!!!You may hate the camera, but the camera does not hate you. I can see the the difference in those pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by cruisegirl1023 View Post
    You are too funny.... and obviously BLIND!!! LOL! Wow, it is VERY obvious!!! You look great. You look like you have lost more than 30 lbs for sure!!! Keep up the great work!
    Gosh...lol....what is wrong with me? I am sure I will see it soon...if not, i either need to see a shrink or an eye doctor....thanks for the encouragement

Quote Originally Posted by imabijou View Post
    OMGawd!!! You look terrific! Don't hate the camera girlfriend! Dayumm now I can't wait to lose another 10 pounds since I see how much a 30 pound loss shows on you...
    Thank you, I think I'm going to get some professional pictures taken of me. I don't have professional family pictures, never wanted to capture the fat...but now, I just need to get over it...
    From one Bama girl to another...good luck in losing it
    240 (6/23/08)
    233 (7/06/08)
    230 (7/15/08)

I can totally tell. You lost the tire, that's why you aren't feeling it in your clothes as much because what you look like you lost the quickest is right above your waistline. Also, look at your arms, you can't measure that by clothing cuz us fat chicks don't wear long sleeves unless its 40 below!!

Keep it up, you look amazing.
    Wearing these white jeans today...12/28/09..but man are they TIGHT!!

Quote Originally Posted by socialite View Post
    R u smokn???? I can sooo see that you have lost weight! Get the camera out and start catchn those memories! I dont really have a lot of photos of me by myself and I do want to change that. Ur a pretty girl and that needs to b caught on film. Plus u need those photos to look at when u get old and gray and u can say oooohhh I was HOT back n the day!!
    PS ....get to exercising lady!!!!
    Maybe I should have taken my measurements when i first started, then maybe I could see it then. I guess I can't really tell because I am still wearing the same size; although it is getting looser. I know I am losing weight, I just thought at losing 30 pounds that i would be in need of buying smaller clothes. I'm not discouraged though.

<sigh> I will get to exercising, at least I say that everynight, but i know if i don't i will really saggy....thank you for the encouragement....

Sueann
    240 (6/23/08)
    233 (7/06/08)
    230 (7/15/08)

OMGawd!!! You look terrific! Don't hate the camera girlfriend! Dayumm now I can't wait to lose another 10 pounds since I see how much a 30 pound loss shows on you...

My starting face! My new do, 6 months later!

Quote Originally Posted by countryasadirtroad View Post
    LOL... I have to pee!!!! "knock over the elderly and children"... that's f*cking hilarious!!

It is pretty freaking hilarious. You should see how quickly this big girl can move if someone other than myself pulls out a camera...I can move like superman without spilling my beer, lol
    240 (6/23/08)
    233 (7/06/08)
    230 (7/15/08)

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar

You are too funny.... and obviously BLIND!!! LOL! Wow, it is VERY obvious!!! You look great. You look like you have lost more than 30 lbs for sure!!! Keep up the great work!
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar

LOL... I have to pee!!!! "knock over the elderly and children"... that's f*cking hilarious!!

Seriously though, you can DEFINATELY see 30lbs is gone. You must have had a flat cause your spare tire is GONE!!!
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

R u smokn???? I can sooo see that you have lost weight! Get the camera out and start catchn those memories! I dont really have a lot of photos of me by myself and I do want to change that. Ur a pretty girl and that needs to b caught on film. Plus u need those photos to look at when u get old and gray and u can say oooohhh I was HOT back n the day!!
    PS ....get to exercising lady!!!!

Default I hate pictures

I REALLY hate pictures. I will knock over small children and the elderly to get away from the line of fire. So most of the pictures of me have my hand in front of the lens or me in some twisted postion trying to get away. Last year, our family lost a very young member of the family and i was looking for pictures of her and I. Needless to say, there were none. For 6 years, I had not taken a single picture with her; although, I took hundreds of her.
    Recently, we have been traveling a lot and I don't want to only have memories in my head. I want to have pictures of me there, because sometimes the memories get lost in my head.
    Well, i decided to get over my hatred and my first step is to put my most recent and worst picture of me at my highest weight (250ish) out there for everyone to see. The first picture was taken at the Georgia Renaissance Festival in April. The second picture is me, today at 220, in my living room.
    I have lost 30 pounds but I can't see it. My clothes fit better....way better. My husband and family see it, but to me, the most important person that it should matter to, I can't see it. I have been low carbin it and I have been drinking oceans of water. However, i haven't started exercising...I do get exercise at work by moving boxes filled with textbooks and they are very heavy, probably around 40-50 lbs. a box.
    Also, I want to say that everyone here has been such a tremendous inspiration. I get motivated everytime is visit the forum. Thank you all....

Oh well, I know am ramblin' on...here are the pictures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	april2008.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUEANN73008FRONT.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	435  
    240 (6/23/08)
    233 (7/06/08)
    230 (7/15/08)