I have read plenty of diets but no one has mine :(
    Phen Newbie
    In KY. I am orginally from Germany. My Dad is was a soldier &my family is still there.
    Photos
    View albums

Yea I thought about the same thing I am not planning on swimming the english channel or runnling a marathon it would be nice to know that I have the oppertunity too. I know this paticular diet wont give me that specifically dont get me wrong. I am in no way offended , I was thinking the same thing as you band mamma but I did do five years in the armed forces and had I known this diet I would of done it then. You can eat in the evening for those who asked me its only that you cant have more than a salad in the evening and if you have dressing you should dip it instead of poor it on, but the doc says a salad only of lettuce cucumbers and tomatos no matter how big and only if you are really hungry. Absolutely no sugar. Oh i do have a son but he is only 7 months and what works is that I work three to eleven shift at a youth corrections facilty so adrenaline is a must but he doesnt see me not eat. (am i making sence?) I hope I am where I want to be by the time I teach him nutrition. Truth is I have spent thousands on la weightloss, nutrisystem and even contemplated surgery but they said i would have to gain to have that so im willing to try anything.... At least once
    `~Ready To Be Slim~`

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Yes sounds interesting but I know I couldnt do it. I barely make it thru the night even after eating dinner.

Photos
    View albums

you cant eat at all after 1:00? that seems crazy, i would die of starvation, i am usually not even very hungry until mid afternoon, good luck, let us know how it goes.

Photos
    View albums

Nope, never heard of it. Not a criticism, but this is what floated through my mind while reading your post:
    Are you going to become a marathon runner or are you already one? Swimming the English Channel any time soon? Joining the armed forces? Do you see a need in the near future to that you will be without food for hours and hours and still need tons of adrenaline?
    Would your reccommend this to your children? If you have any they are sure to notice you are not eating dinner. There goes the family dinner table!
    I know that for my body, it sounds like a hellava way to make me extremely b it ch y, pass out, or binge.
    As I said, not a criticism, just a thought.

Photos
    View albums

I have never heard of this. I am supprised that your doctor didn't explain the hows and whys of it to you. I am more of a big breakfast eater than anything. That way I have all day to burn it off. I have heard of the saying "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper." Maybe that is similar to yours?

Welcome to the Phen family and I hope that you get support and encouragement here.
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Photos
    View albums

No i've never heard of it; sounds interesting, though. I'm love to learn more about it. What would i google? Marine corps diet? I dont think i have the dedication to follow it! Good luck! Keep us posted on your success!

Phen Newbie
    In KY. I am orginally from Germany. My Dad is was a soldier &my family is still there.
    Photos
    View albums

Question I have read plenty of diets but no one has mine :(

Ok. Hi I'm a few days old on this site and my first thread was in the new members forum about some tips and stuff about everyones diet. Well I mentioned that my doctor put me on a strict eat breakfast and lunch diet no food after 1PM and no less than 45min of excercise a day. I was very skeptical and stuff because even some members on here told me it was a bad idea and its ok to eat dinner. So I dug a little deeper and found out that my doctor should have really explained to me what the diet is that I am on.
    It IS a legit diet and its the one the Marine Corp uses if their soldiers are not in standard weight. Its also the diet for marathon runners and the ones who swim the 18 hour trip English Channel competition. So in my research I discoverd the starvation mode I was afraid of achiving is what I am suppose to do. See I am to be 16 hours on my own energy. If a marthon runner runs he runs fast starting off which is on energy from the morning meal then he slows down and paces for your body has to adjust from instant energy to stored energy and since your fat cells have 10X more energy than new energy (from food) once the transition occurs, the marathon runner will beginn to run his last stretch at full speed with no problems. Thats were the adrenaline comes in. The ARMY and NAVY kick soldiers out who are not on standards they give them an extra work out everyday but by the time they build up the muscle to run off the energy they are being processed for discharge. So, the Marine Corp decided to do this diet, they may not eat chow at night but because they are running on pure energy in the morning they are able to keep up with others on their X mile run and not be left behind, only because of their adrenaline. I got this information from a Marine physician and my brother in the Navy. The only thing about this diet is the work out, YOU HAVE TO WORK! They prefer before breakfast so you can run on stored energy but even if you eat breakfast its ok because your body will replace used energy first and then it will be used again when your working out. MInd you the Marine Corp does this diet and does not use Phen and its very effective how ever its a crucial life change after so long you may not ever want to eat a big dinner.
    SO after all of this, that my DR should of shared with me, Does any one have this diet?
    `~Ready To Be Slim~`