OT: My DD changed her mind...

yohkos, Well when DD got back tonight I asked her how it went and she said her dad didnt really say anything. So I asked what she wanted to do and she maturely says to me "mom I think I am going to wait until my counseling appointment on monday to decide. I would like to talk to her first". I was so thrilled!! She has had 3 or 4 sessions with this counselor and I am glad that my DD has the common sense to know she really needs to talk to someone because this is a BIG decision and that she may need some unbiased help with it. So I have promised myself that her and I will not even talk about WHERE she wants to be between now and Monday. I also asked her if she wanted to go spend time with her b/f on Sunday before she sees her counselor. So I wait longer, but I know in the end she will make the best decision she is capable of making.
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

2. Advertising
    advertising

I am so glad that you had the insight to make her an appointment. I am beginning to wonder if this is becoming more of a game for the other side to see who wins more than the welfare of your daughter. I bet you have more class in your little finger than granny does. I hope your daughter gets a counselor she feels comfortable enough to open up too. I wish you and your daughter the best. It really irks me, I remember being that age, (even if I am old) and this is the last thing she needs right now. Give her a big hug for us!

I agree yokohs. It is so bad that her grandmother is bribing her that she will pay for her gas money and all this crap IF she goes. So my DD just called me and said "grandma thinks I should try the until christmas plan but move there until christmas" I was like honey of course they think that...they want you there. I told her I will not beg her to stay, but that I think she would be better off waiting until her dad has a stable (well at least a house) to move into and is settled. I talked to her grandmother and she was nasty to me and hung up on me. So I called my DD back and told her that I did not appreciate that and that I do not appreciate them putting more stress on her. I am SO pissed now over this again. Here I thought we had it settled and DD and I sat down at lunch and made her counseling appt and a dr appt and made some plans.......GGGGGRRRRR
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

I agree with you. They need to leave her alone, she does not need all this added stress before school! She will get to deal with enough stress when she gets older. She should be able to enjoy her teen years and these peeps need to lay off, she has made her decision.

Well DD just stopped by my work and her dads family is trying to pressure her into changing her mind! (So much for letting her decide on her OWN...grrr) I told her IMO she should try it here until Christmas and then if things are not what she hoped she can go then....maybe by then her dad will have a house bought and be settled (if that is possible). She said it sounded like a good idea and that she would talk to them about it. I told her to NOT let them bully her!!!
    I am so fed up with this mess. I think her dad should tell his family to back OFF!!!
    7lbs to goal

This is good news. Glad to hear the crutches are gone, they hurt.

I'm so glad that everything worked out for you and your daughter.

oh absolutely thrilled she is staying...there was a lot of emotional garbage in the last few days. Her and I went shopping yesterday a little after my Dr. appointment and I bought her 3 bras and panties, well she made a comment that her step-mom would get pissed...I was like NO WAY.....I didnt say anything. Then later I told her if stepmom says something about me buying her anything that she can flat out tell her that I AM STILL YOUR MOTHER AND I WILL BUY YOU WHATEVER I WANT TO, end of discussion.

She went this morning and got her things and brought them home. I am looking forward to school shopping with her. We like to shop together....
    7lbs to goal

That is so good to hear. I bet you are relieve in more ways than one. Way to go on the crutches also. Shopping? Sounds like a mom/daughter day to me!
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Yay, I'm ver happy for you!
    HW 227
    SW 221

6/14 221
    6/21 218
    6/28 213
    7/5 212
    7/12 210
    7/19 209.2
    7/26 210.6 (no phen ten days)
    8/1 207.0 (back on phen 7/29)
    8/8 204.6
    8/15 202
    8/22 200.2
    8/29 200.2
    9/5 198.4
    9/12 195.3
    10/3 195 (stuck-phen break for me!)
    10/10 194
    10/31 191.4
    11/14 192 (still no phen)
    12/19 190

First mini-goal 200 (MET)
    Second mini-goal 180

Diamond Phenster

I'm happy you are happy!

I am in denial my 3 year olds will be teenagers and be faced with not getting my way sometimes. LOL
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Default OT: My DD changed her mind...

Hey all. Thanks for replying to my custody questions....Last night my DD and I and her dad sat down to talk. She decided on her own that she wants to STAY HOME.....wooooohooooo. I am SO thrilled. Her dad and I both told her it is UP TO HER. She needs to decide. I sent her to her friends and a couple hours later she called to say she wanted to stay with me. She went to her dads and got all her stuff (they had it all packed in their rental truck to move). She brought it home and told me what her *insert sarcasm here* step mother did. Very childish imo, but I didnt say anything. I just told her I was sorry they were being like this. They are moving tomorrow out of state. I AM SO HAPPY! 1. Because she is staying. 2. because I will not have to put up with them as much...woohooo

I told her we would sit down and get some rules set up in the next couple days that EVERYONE can live with.

Oh and BTW- I am officially OFF Crutches....wooohooo as of my DR appointment yesterday. It will be a few weeks until the walking boot comes off, but when it does I get to buy all new wardrobe of shoes per the dr. He doesnt want my old shoes messing up my foot since I will walk different now.....YIPPY (FREE SHOPPING PASS)
    7lbs to goal