Some Advice, What Should I Do?
    Banned

You can just watch what you eat to lose weight the only thing Phen does to people is make it so that their not hungry all the time.It doesn't work that much for me but than again im on the lowest dose so who knows.

2. Advertising
    advertising

You may have to pm me. I know this is silly,but im just learning how to use this website!

i82much....YES..I have read the book..I live by it!
    PM ME...we can discuss!!

Oops I hijacked your thread. Have you asked your gyno thats who gave me mine?

Wow someone else with adrenal fatigue! Now i wish there was a forum for that! I dont know any one else that has ever even heard of it! I gained 35 lbs in 2 months (thats kinda embarassing) due to extreme stress. Have you read Adrenal Fatigue by James L Wilson? It has really help me understand it better!

Quote Originally Posted by Emmabelle47 View Post
    I came across this website and just joined up today. Here's my situation, I hope you guys can give me some advice! I've gained 20 since February- I've never gained that much that fast before! I normally eat pretty healthy and stay around 135, which is still "overweight" for my 5'1" frame but I didn't mind it. After lots of stress this spring and switching my BCPs this summer, I've put on so much weight. I've tried starting my Weight Watchers plan back up, but always seem so hungry, or am just craving sweets like crazy. I went to my doctor and even though my BMI is like .5 points away from being obese, she wouldn't prescribe me anything. I've searched for weight loss clinics in my area, but they are so far away plus I don't have any health insurance. The appointments are way too much for me! I was thinking about trying to purchase phentermine online, but am too afraid of that after reading horror stories. I've tried taking ephedra a friend gave me (I know, i know- no disciplining, I know its bad) but it always leaved me feeling moody. Anyway, does anyone have any advice for me? Another way to get some phentermine, or something similiar? I even read in another thread about that online Dr. from Texas, but found out they've taken away his licsense. So, any help????
    I experienced a similar situation to yours...

I gained 25 lbs in about a three month time span...was still doing things the same with diet/exercise, but couldn't seem to figure out why I was gaining weight.
    I had changed BCP's and thought that might be the problem...but I was always craving sweets...and I would have panic attacks if I couldn't find sugar!!!

After doing a lot of research, I found a great nutritionist who had my cortisol levels checked...and I found out that I have Adrenal Fatigue. My adrenal glands are not producing enough cortisol...thus making me gain weight during stressful times and causes my extreme sugar cravings.

Your adrenal glands produce cortisol...and cortisol provides the body the ability to deal with stress (fight/flight)...when your cortisol levels are depleted, then you stop dealing with stress and start packing on the lbs.

Though Phen can help with aiding in weight loss, it's only temporary...if in fact you do have adrenal issues, the only way to change this is to develop "stress management" and do yoga (things to "calm" the mind)

Anyway, I digress...It sounds to me like you might have AFS. You should ask your doctor to test your cortisol levels first before you start looking for phen...
    Also, did the doctor say anything about your glucose levels? Has the doctor ever discussed diabetes with you?

I really wish you the best....and a lot of weight loss clinics are not very expensive, depending on what region of the country you live in!

Hang in there!!!

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar

I agree, just call around. I spend a lot of money for my clinic, I'd love to have that money to spend elsewhere, but I bit the bullet and have made other adjustments in my life... it's worth it to me to do this safely. You really need to be under a doctors care to do this safely... As for ephedra, it really jacked my heart up pretty good and I still suffer effects from it... stay away from it. Take a B complex for energy, take chromium and a good multi, increase your water intake and get plenty of exercise... that should really help with your appetite until you can find a doctor or a clinic.
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

FOR THOSE WANTING/NEEDING TO FIND A DR. OR WEIGHT LOSS CLINIC:
    1. Call around to GYN's/Internal Medicine Dr's/Bariatric Dr's/Weight Loss Clinics
    2. If you can't find a Dr or Weight Loss Clinic in you area, then start a thread asking if anyone on here lives in your area that could help. DO include where you live so we'll know...DON'T post it in someone else's thread because we may not see it.
    3. If you find a dr...make an appt....keep the appt...make sure you ask ?s about phen
    4. If the dr gives a prescription for phen....fill the script...take the script as directed

FOR THOSE WANTING TO PURCHASE PHEN ONLINE:
    1. IT'S ILLEGAL IN THE U.S. TO PURCHASE NARCOTICS ONLINE!!!
    2. Please don't ask us to help you find a place to purchase phen online. None of us have a desire to spend time in a federal prison. Yes, it's a FELONY!!
    3. It's not safe!! You have no clue what you'll really be getting...drywall dust/sandpaper/rat poison/etc.
    4. Most online pharmacies are a SCAM!! They will take your $$...send you whatever they want or nothing at all. What you order comes from another country so you can't do anything if they take your $$.
    5. If you are still desperate enough to want to purchase phen online....try meth instead. It's cheaper and has the same ingredients as what you'll get online. I don't recommend this method either.

Phen Newbie

Default Some Advice, What Should I Do?

I came across this website and just joined up today. Here's my situation, I hope you guys can give me some advice! I've gained 20 since February- I've never gained that much that fast before! I normally eat pretty healthy and stay around 135, which is still "overweight" for my 5'1" frame but I didn't mind it. After lots of stress this spring and switching my BCPs this summer, I've put on so much weight. I've tried starting my Weight Watchers plan back up, but always seem so hungry, or am just craving sweets like crazy. I went to my doctor and even though my BMI is like .5 points away from being obese, she wouldn't prescribe me anything. I've searched for weight loss clinics in my area, but they are so far away plus I don't have any health insurance. The appointments are way too much for me! I was thinking about trying to purchase phentermine online, but am too afraid of that after reading horror stories. I've tried taking ephedra a friend gave me (I know, i know- no disciplining, I know its bad) but it always leaved me feeling moody. Anyway, does anyone have any advice for me? Another way to get some phentermine, or something similiar? I even read in another thread about that online Dr. from Texas, but found out they've taken away his licsense. So, any help????