OT - PPD or just the blues? For the Moms...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Silver Phenster

I am glad to hear that I am not the only person who had issues with the lac. consultants in the hospital!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by Band Mamma View Post
    This "baby" is now 20 as of Sunday. At the time, I was told they used to clip them automatically but "now" (meaning the late 80's) they wait to see if it's a problem. My sister was tongue-tied and they clipped her's in the hospital. My daughter is still tongue-tied. At the time, my biggest concern was licking ice cream cones and french kissing. Turns out neither was/is a problem. At least, she's never told me about any complaints, LOL.
    Today, she plays trombone and is in college majoring in music education. All her jury scores mention how talented she is and how great her tongue-ing (sp?) is. I'd explain that more, but I don't know much about it other than when you play wind instruments you use your tongue to create different sounds, create notes faster, repeat notes, etc....
    So, all in all, no tongue problems other than breastfeeding. I'm sure it makes for the occasional interesting conversation with her friends.
    Thanks for the info.! I have heard about the licking an ice cream cone and my other main worry is speech problems, but my son is starting to talk quite a bit, so maybe it will not be an issue (I do not understand the majority or what he says yet though!)

Ugh some do push the breastfeeding thing way too far! It gives other breastfeeders a bad image! And they try to lure you in by saying youll lose the weight, HOGWASH. Everyone does not. I gained. I did all my regular weight loss stradigies and the weight wouldnt budge. My body was gonna make sure i had plenty of fat stores to make milk so my babies wouldnt starve.

This "baby" is now 20 as of Sunday. At the time, I was told they used to clip them automatically but "now" (meaning the late 80's) they wait to see if it's a problem. My sister was tongue-tied and they clipped her's in the hospital. My daughter is still tongue-tied. At the time, my biggest concern was licking ice cream cones and french kissing. Turns out neither was/is a problem. At least, she's never told me about any complaints, LOL.
    Today, she plays trombone and is in college majoring in music education. All her jury scores mention how talented she is and how great her tongue-ing (sp?) is. I'd explain that more, but I don't know much about it other than when you play wind instruments you use your tongue to create different sounds, create notes faster, repeat notes, etc....
    So, all in all, no tongue problems other than breastfeeding. I'm sure it makes for the occasional interesting conversation with her friends.

OMG - the whole breastfeeding thing happened to me too!! with my son 4 yrs ago, I wasn't comfortable with breastfeeding so I decided to bottle feed, the consultant came in my room and gave me a bunch of crap about it... I got really upset and told her it was my choice, she keep bothing me about it until I finally told her to mind her own business, as it turns out my son can't have milk so he was put on soy... Anyway, I have the ut most respect for women who decide to breastfeed, from what I've been told a lot of them are tired and get very little sleep. When I had my daughter I put her right on soy and she sleeps from 11pm to 6am most nights which is such a blessing!

Post-Pregnancy Weight 215 on 5/5/08
    SW 189 : 7/1/08 - Started Phen
    CW 175 : 7/31/08
    CW 167 : 9/5/08
    CW 164 : 9/30/08
    CW 160 : 11/10/08
    BREAK FROM PHEN 12/1/08 - 1/4/09
    CW 160 : 1/8/09

Mini Goal : #1 Lose 10lbs in a month of July (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #2 165 by 9/19/08 (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #3 160 by 11/10/08 (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #4 155 by 1/30/09
    Goal 125

(NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!)

Silver Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by Band Mamma View Post
    Been there about the judging concerning not nursing. It's a personal choice. You're baby is not going to be deformed or turn into some weirdo just because he/she didn't get boobie. LOL
    I caved into the pressure with my second one and was so frustrated! It turned out she's tongue-tied and that's why she wasn't latching on. Honestly, if was a bit of a relief to find that out. Yes, I know you can put a baby bottle nipple over your's but that wasn't working either.
    Heck, I've been doing this parenting thing for over 22 years and some days I STILL don't like my kids. Like is separate from love, so don't worry if there are days you just plain can't stand the site of them. LOL This too shall pass, just not as fast as we would like at the time.
    I am firmly convinced that I went crazy for a few years trying to cope and learn how to parent. I did a lot of research but putting it into action is tougher than they tell you.
    Let us know how the dr. appt turns out. We'll be honest and tell you if he's full of crap.
    My son was tongue tied also, which I had not even noticed until I was being discharged from the hospital and my family doctor told me! The weird thing is that he actually latched on better than my first, my daughter who was not tongue tied, she just did not want anything to do with it! Did your daughter's tongue tie correct itself or did she have to have it cut? Just curious, my son is only 17 mo. old, so I have heard that some doctors cut it right away after they are born and then others get it done later.

Been there about the judging concerning not nursing. It's a personal choice. You're baby is not going to be deformed or turn into some weirdo just because he/she didn't get boobie. LOL
    I caved into the pressure with my second one and was so frustrated! It turned out she's tongue-tied and that's why she wasn't latching on. Honestly, if was a bit of a relief to find that out. Yes, I know you can put a baby bottle nipple over your's but that wasn't working either.
    Heck, I've been doing this parenting thing for over 22 years and some days I STILL don't like my kids. Like is separate from love, so don't worry if there are days you just plain can't stand the site of them. LOL This too shall pass, just not as fast as we would like at the time.
    I am firmly convinced that I went crazy for a few years trying to cope and learn how to parent. I did a lot of research but putting it into action is tougher than they tell you.
    Let us know how the dr. appt turns out. We'll be honest and tell you if he's full of crap.

Silver Phenster

I don't know about any of you, but I understand the importance of breastfeeding and I understand that the lactation consultants and nurses in the maternity ward feel mothers should breastfeed. However, with my first child, she would absolutely not latch on for anything and would scream and wanted nothing to do with it. My second child, he was actually better at latching on, but I still was not totally sold on breastfeeding. I really found myself getting angry at the lacation consultants in the hospital because they were helpful, but they made you feel like the worst mother in the world if you even mentioned bottlefeeding! I remember that I mentioned maybe wanting some bottles of formula when I was in the hospital with my son and the nurse was like, "Well maybe we should check with the lac. person first, and I was like, hello, I am the mother here!"

Default THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE!!

OMG...50-60 pounds in three months...how in the world did you do that??...I too am addicted to my scale...I weigh myself all the time...and I allow whatever number pops up to dictate my mood for the day...pathetic I know...I just HATE the fact I am so uncomfortable in my own skin...to the point I dont want to leave the house if I dont have too...sigh...I wish I could "accept" what I am...but unless I am at my pre-pregnancy weight its hard for me to be happy...
    By the way...what is Phen C?
    Thank you for your response...being a SAHM of four children its little things like finding this forum that makes my day...haha....

I took phen acouple of yrs ago and lost 50-60 lbs in about 3 months and im hoping to do that again!

This is my third week on it also! I just weaned my last baby, and looking forward to having my body to myself!(and maybe my husband) Ive spent the last 7yrs trying to get pregnant, being pregnant, nursing,repeat, repeat! My baby turns one in a couple of wks so ive had more time than you. My body is quite reluctant to release the fat right after having a baby. I actually gain wt when i nurse(35lbs) It really depresses me too. I want to look in the mirror and recognize myself again. My weight is fluctuating too. it went up 6lbs go down 7 up 3 etc. I am addicted to my scale. I was myself every time i use the bathroom! My dr has me on antidepressant too. Some are suppossed to help make the phen work better. I used phen c

Hello;
    I understand...I nursed my other three very successfully...so of course I thought this one would be the same...and when it did not happen that way I was really upset!...but I am getting over it and my husband has been very supportive as well...and as you stated...its not the end of the world!
    How long have you been on the Phen?...you seem as though you are having really great success with it...did you have any problems in the beginning?...I lost ten in the first two weeks and then over the past few days have put three back on...my weight is really causing me some anxiety and depression...and causing me to be cranky...I try not to weigh myself everyday but its so hard not too...i know the body can go up and down daily...and with just being seven weeks post partum I am sure that is contributing as well...I guess I'll just keep at it and hope for the best!

I understand the frustrations w/ nursing! My first son wouldnt latch on so i thought i needed to pump full time to be a"good" mother. Thats crazy! I was only sleeping 30 min at a time, and i started hallucinating. when I stopped Ifelt like a complete failure, too. Way later i realized it wasnt that big of a deal. I gave it my best shot. Most of the people i know were completely formula fed(me included) and are doing just fine. (fyi my other two kids nursed successfully) It is really hard to talk about PPD but I wish more moms would. I didnt know anything about it w/ my first, so i didnt talk to my dr. It would have saved my family so much trouble if i had.

Default I CAN COMPLETELY RELATE!!!!

Hello everyone;
    I am new to the site and just started my third week on Phen this Monday...am having some frusterations already though....BUT...more so I just had my fourth and FINAL baby seven weeks ago...I can completely relate to all the different feeling and emotions you are having...I started out breastfeeding her as I did with my three boys; but she had an adversion to my milk and I had to put her on soy full time...so that made me feel like a complete failure!!!...
    Then my dr. gave me Phen and I thought great...at least I can start getting back to my pre-preganancy weight because my weight gain from my pregnancy was causing me to be VERY depressed...I lost ten pounds(total) the first two weeks...but for some reason have put three back on in the past few days...I am sssoooo depressed about this and am hoping its a hormonal thing from the pregnancy still...I know I need to eat more as well....but I have no desire to eat...so I started doing slim fast shakes today so I can get some nutricion...has anyone else experienced a slower start in the beginning...and what did you do to overcome it?...I dont even want to leave the house and I know its partly my weight and just all the hormones that come along with the baby thing!!!
    My pre-preganancy weight is 130-135...I am 5'8''...currently 170...but was 197 when I gave birth...it is the most I have EVER gained...boo hiss!!!!
    Please hang in there and know what you are feeling is completely normal...but it is relieveing to hear of others going through the same thing...I think it is still something people do not really talk about...but need to!!!

Thank you everyone for your help and input! I'm glad I'm not alone, I was scared to see the responses I could have gotten, like "What? You're not sublimely happy with two kids?!" I'm really glad it's not me being a bad mom! I truly had the mother instinct right away after I had my first, and was so happy and content in taking care of my little one... it's just so foreign for me to be like this, always upset and having meltdowns. Thanks!

My Valentines Day Goal:

My doc never told me about the diet change, but she did put me on lexipro.. GOOD STUFF!!! I've never been one to need an antidepressant, or anxiety med... and i've heard they can make some people just feel numb, gain weight, etc... but lexipro is different.
    She had me take a half a day, except the week just before TOM, then take a whole.

being a mommy is tough work, being a mommy to more than 1, especially to lil ones... my goodness!! bless your heart! Hang in there hun! It will get better
    https://www.phentermine.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41361&dateline=122056  0553

That spare tire aka muffin top, has got to GO!!!

Starting the Body For Life challenge at around 152, i'm sure... I haven't weighed tho... so we shall see!

Default I totally understand

I have a new born and a 4 yr old... after my first was born had ppd bad and didn't know it... until someone said to my why are you so angry all the time... I would fly off the handle about stupid stuff (never at my baby) Anyway when for a check up to my regular Dr. he told me to first try this: make some time for you everyday away from Hubby and kids even if its only 30 mins... next change my diet, lots of veggies rich in color, dark reds, greens and orange. He said if I didn't feel better in a month to come back and he would put me on Lexipro... turns out what he suggested worked so never needed the meds, I had just wish I had seen him sooner cause I let it go for about three months without help.

Post-Pregnancy Weight 215 on 5/5/08
    SW 189 : 7/1/08 - Started Phen
    CW 175 : 7/31/08
    CW 167 : 9/5/08
    CW 164 : 9/30/08
    CW 160 : 11/10/08
    BREAK FROM PHEN 12/1/08 - 1/4/09
    CW 160 : 1/8/09

Mini Goal : #1 Lose 10lbs in a month of July (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #2 165 by 9/19/08 (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #3 160 by 11/10/08 (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #4 155 by 1/30/09
    Goal 125

(NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!)

Get some meds!!! really dont be worried, they help

I was a mess both times, and had alot on my plate almost not making it due to Heart Faluire after my second, so deppression was an understatement in my case, I was full crazy with despair

I know what your are talking about. I sat in a chair (in a room without even a TV) and held my son 4 months before my mom and dad made me go to the Dr. I was always told I couldn'thave kids, and I think I was secretly worried that he wouldn't make it. I cried and just held him. looking back, I wish I would have listened to them alot earlier.

I admitted to my Dr. my fears and they gave me a mild antidepressant that I took for about 2 months and then, I just got over it. i can't explain the feeling, or even explain what was going through my head at the time- I just know that it was scary.

I'm sorry that you are going though a rough time. Give yourself a break- you have 2 kids now-- that's a ton or work and responsibility.

Talk to the Dr, and see if they can help you. I wish you luck.

I'll get you, my pretty and your little dog too!

I know what you are going through!!! Unlike you I had it with my 1st not my 2nd and I took all my anger out on hubby. You know how you feel when you are over tired, it was a different anger with my ppd. I loved my dd but I thought of her as work work work and I only had one. I didn't realize how bad it was until I got on a different birth control and thought O this is how i should be feeling. I never thought of hurting my baby but I wish I would have gotten help sooner. I enjoyed my sons first 3 months so much more than my daughter and he was a MUCH MUCH harder baby. He had GERDS and was in pain the 1st 8 weeks of his life until I got a new doc and got him meds! All that child did was cry and need to be held bless his heart
    SW 5/24 188.8 started Phen
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/6 180 week 2 (179 @home)
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2
    7/31 172 WTH Start 37.7 tomorrow
    Avatar is me @ my wedding in 2001

I totally agree with momma (above). Just talk with your doctor and tell him/her everything that you're feeling. Also, please mention the phen. It can definitely be escallating the situation.
    P.S. After my 3rd, I decided to get the "Mirena" iud. It's inserted in the dr's office. It prevents pregnancy for 5 yrs. and can be removed at any time before that. I had lots of problems on the pill, including being emotional and also gaining weight. I have not had any problems at with the Mirena: no pills to remember, light periods (mine are only 3 days), no pms symptoms for me AND I have finally been able to lose weight.

P.S.S. You're girls are beautiful! And your hubby sounds like a really great guy!

--Michelle

Having had 3 children, I can honestly say I firmly believe every new mom should have a live in helper. LOL
    It was a huge shock to find out that 2 kids are not twice the work, it's at least 3 times the amount of work! It's very stressful. Your doctor is the better judge of whether it's PPD, stress, exhaustion, or whatever. Please don't chicken out on this. Talk to him honestly. Like us, he KNOWS it has nothing to do with whether you love your children or not. We won't judge you and neither will your doctor. Talk to him and see what needs to be done to address this so you don't have to feel like this one moment longer than necessary.
    If you have started taking phen again, I could see where the mixture of hormones and phen could cause these feelings. Phen by itself can cause them so I `can just imagine what the mixture can do to you. Make sure you mention the phen to your doctor if he doesn't know already.
    Bestest of Luck!

Silver Phenster

Yeah, don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it, I probably should have with my two little ones and it might have helped with how overwhelmed I felt! I know what you are saying too about the bonding, I did feel guilty that I did not seem to bond right away with my second child (my son) as I did with my first (my daughter), everything was just different I guess and I loved him righ away when he was born just as I did with my daughter, but it just all seemed different and I guess I felt a let down, I don't, I cannot explain really! Now that he is almost a year and a half, things are really good with both my kids and he is such a little cuddler and we have a really close bond.

My children were 18 months apart. We had no family close by. No close friends. I had no money for a baby sitter. My husband is a policeman with odd hours. I did not know what to do with myself or them. I felt stuck AND overwhelmed with love for them.

I think I was very bored as well.

I think medication could have helped me then.

Good luck.

Thanks everyone. I know it's completely normal to feel the added stress but I just feel like I'm losing control and I'm becoming angry.

soc wkr i understand when you say you didn't bond as well with your second one. I don't feel like I'm bonding with her as much - maybe because I can't give her all of my time and attention I did with my first, but even when she was just born I didn't have that OH MY GOD THIS IS MY BABY AND I'M SO EMOTIONAL thing. I loved her, don't get me wrong, but it just didn't seem like an instant connection I guess.

Kimberly thanks for your comment on my family They are beautiful - everyone freaks out about my two year old, with her blonde curls and big beautiful blue eyes - and her eye lashes are long and gorgeous.

Thanks again to everyone... I'm glad I got some input and could vent to people who relate to me. I'm def gonna talk to my doctor and get his perspective on it. The one thing I'm dreading is getting back on birth control and gaining more weight!

My Valentines Day Goal:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast