OT - PPD or just the blues? For the Moms... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I can relate to what everyone has said one here too, and you are not "bad" mom! My kids are 2 years and three months apart in age. I did not have PPD when my daughter was born, but it hit me hard with my son, my second child. I felt horrible because I did not feel an immediate bond with him and it was my second c-section and so when I was in the hospital recovering then I felt guilty that I was not at home taking care of my daughter! It is really hard work having two kids who are around two years apart!!! I remember I came home from the hospital and put him in his crib to sleep and just cried in my room, I just felt empty. I talked to my doctor and they put me on an antidepressant and it helped some, I just really had to force myself to get up and go and do things and to get myself out of the house! Anyway, my kids are three and half and 17 mo old now and things have gotten better, things are still crazy and I still feel like I am constantly yelling at them, which I feel bad about, but it will get better

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I really think it is an adjustment issue. I mean, it could be PPD too and there is nothing wrong with going to your doc and taking something. My youngest is 2 and my oldest is almost 10 and I STILL feel like I am yelling all the time. One thing I will say, is the baby will most likely learn to sleep through your other childs noise. My middle was always a horrible sleeper, no matter how much a tried to get her accustomed to noise, but she had some health issues, my youngest will sleep through a tornado lol.
    HW 227
    SW 221

6/14 221
    6/21 218
    6/28 213
    7/5 212
    7/12 210
    7/19 209.2
    7/26 210.6 (no phen ten days)
    8/1 207.0 (back on phen 7/29)
    8/8 204.6
    8/15 202
    8/22 200.2
    8/29 200.2
    9/5 198.4
    9/12 195.3
    10/3 195 (stuck-phen break for me!)
    10/10 194
    10/31 191.4
    11/14 192 (still no phen)
    12/19 190

First mini-goal 200 (MET)
    Second mini-goal 180

Photos
    View albums

First of all you are NORMAL. Dealing with a 2 year old, a new born, hormones and not sleeping is a formula for a stress out mom. Do not put more pressure on yourself by thinking you are a "bad mom" because you want quiet. Both of your kds are very young and they will never remember these stressed out days! Talk to your dr and let him/her figure out if you are suffering from PPD. Please, just give yourself a break and try to get more sleep. Although it seems like a long time, your little one will start sleeping through the night and you WILL feel better. And if your dr suggests meds, then take them, PPD is real and you can get help!!! Good luck!

Photos
    View albums

Sorry to hear about you going through this. My kids are 5,3,and 11months . I suffered ppd after all of them. The first child I didn't know what i was going through But I was not my happy perky self. My second was nine months old before I talked to the dr. I never wanted to hurt them. I was cranky short tempered ,sometimes felt hopeless, felt i wasnt doing anything right, and very tired. The third child she put me on meds when I was still pregnant, and it hasnt lasted nearly as long and not as severe. Just the hormone shifts and the sleepless nights can trigger it. I was doing it all by myself, and i dont function well w/out sleep. The big differce between just the blues and ppd is the length of time. Blues last a couple of days to a couple of weeks. ppd can last much longer. It got where it consumed me. I would mention it to your dr. there is alot of meds that can help. If she does put you on meds it can take time for you to feel completely like your old self. I was even able to nurse while taking them. I hope this helps! I have to admit I really dont get back to being me until my babies are about 1yr old. Good luck.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

By the way, you have a beautiful family

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have 3 little ones 6.5, 4.5, and 2.5. I had PPD with the first and the last. I was too embarrased with my first to admit it so I just cried a lot when no one was around. When I had number 3 I suffered from PPD and I was truly sleep deprived. For the first 8 weeks of his life I only slept about 2 hours a night and that was usually broken up from the night time feedings. I had no naps during the day because of the older children. I was having a hard time at night because he would cry, I would try to keep him quiet so he wouldn't wake up my husband (who would have been more than happy to help, but with his job he really needed his sleep) then in the next room my daughters were sleeping, I really didn't want them up. Down stairs was my moms room (she lives with us) and if she heard me up she would try to come help and then to make things harder my brother needed a place to stay for a while and he was sleeping on our couch so I couldn't take the baby in the living room either! So I was constantly pacifing him. The lack of sleep really effected me and I felt like I couldn't function, I felt like I was just in a survial mode. I was depressed. I pulled myself together and got help because I didn't want to remember my son's infancy like that. If you decide to talk to your doctor, be completely honest with them. Maybe even write down your thoughts and concerns before you go so you don't forget or feel put on the spot. PPD is a real thing, it's chemical and it's okay to get help. I know it has nothing to do with either of your children or your husband. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you keep us updated.

Photos
    View albums

I have restarted Phen, on the 17th. So about 4 weeks PP which I prob should have waited til at least 6 wks but couldn't help myself getting back on the weight loss journey. I was doing so well when I got preggo and wanted to get back to it!

I have had "me time" - My husband has let me go out a few times with my friend Sherinne. She works at the bar and grill, so it was nice to get out and be semi-social. So I have gotten out and had time without the girls... my husband comes home from work and takes my 2 yr old outside to play/swim for awhile before dinner... He helps out when he can. I dunno I know being frustrated esp. with 2 kids is normal, but have just felt like I'm losing my mind and losing control of my temper lately.

My Valentines Day Goal:

Photos
    View albums

I don't know anything about PPD, but I have 2 that are 15 months apart and I was really stressed. Having more than you are use to is stressful. Be it 2, 3, 4 or more. Have you had any "me time"? lately? I know stupid question, but even just a bath for 30 minutes is helpful for the mind/body/soul. Know that we are here for you and anytime you need to vent/cry or whatever; go right ahead.
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Photos
    View albums

P.S. Have you re-started phen?

Photos
    View albums

Dais, I had the same issues! I have 3 little ones. They're now 8 1/2 , 6, and 3. It is VERY possible that you're just exhausted! After having my 2nd child, I was completely stressed. After speaking to my doctor and my husband (who's also a doctor), we came to the conclusion that it was Sleep Deprivation. It's a real thing and can make a new mom feel all of the things you and I have felt. I was irritable, impatient, stressed, etc. It's not easy having kids The only thing that I could do was to get rest as much as I could. I had to stop trying to make everything "perfect": the house, dinners, etc. I tried to either nap or just relax while my 2 little were napping. Does you're 2 1/2 y.o still nap? Also, can anyone else help you out? Even if your hubby could give you a little time during the weekend. (even an hr or so!) I hate to tell you, but I really didn't feel "fabulous" until the baby was sleeping through the night (which is usually when they start take in larger amounts of formula or start eating solids, ie baby cereal) I was breastfeding too. Talk about exhausting!. My last baby didn't start to sleep through the night till almost 12 wks old. Definitely talk to your doctor. Your story sounds so much like mine and many others I've talked to. Keep me posted!
    Last edited by michelle13; July 29th, 2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: typo

Photos
    View albums

Hi I have one son he is 4 yrs old now, hard to believe he is my baby I had a really hard pregnancy and my son had a really hard time coming into this world. I really struggled with ppd. Not the kind where you want to hurt the baby. But the kind whre I had alot of anxiety crying worried someone would wake him I actually worried about everything. I know its a new mom thing but its hard I know. I would talk to your Dr when you go in Im sure she can help. Your little one is still very young and Im sure your hormones are not back where they should be. Your not being a bad mom!!! Your trying to adjust to now having two to care for now. I waited until my son was 6 months old to ask for help from my Dr I wished I would of asked sooner. He cried and I cried it was awful. The Dr really helped and I did feel better, you will too just hang in there
    Last edited by KimK; July 29th, 2008 at 04:49 PM.

Photos
    View albums

Default OT - PPD or just the blues? For the Moms...

I have a 5 week old and a 2 1/2 year old... I find myself getting really frustrated when my 2 year old makes any noise, whether or not it wakes up the baby. I feel like a horrible person because it seems like I just yell at her all day and tell her to stop making noise, but she's 2, she's playing! I mean I signed up for this, i knew it wouldnt be easy... why am I so angry at her? When my 5 week old is awake I love talking to her, but when she's fussy I just get so frustrated, and just want her to go back to sleep. I balled my eyes out last night b/c she was up from like 12-5 crying and every time i put her in bed she would wake right up and I just lost it and cried for like 40 mins.

I have my 6 week pp checkup thurs but i wanted to know what you all thought first.... And no I have no thoughts about harming either one of them!

My Valentines Day Goal:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2