losing inches and not weight
    Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar

Inches are what count! That is what makes your clothes fit loser!!! I would SO much rather lose inches than pounds. You can lose 10 lbs and have no clue where it came from, but when you measure, you KNOW where you are losing. I am very muscular under all this mess, so I fit into the same clothes sizes as people that weight quite a bit less than I do, which is why I scoff at Doctors that tell you what weight you need to be... muscle weighs more than fat. Inches are what counts... Here is what I measure every week...

Neck
    Shoulders
    Chest
    Biceps
    Triceps
    Upper abs (about 5" from the crease of my breast)
    Waist
    Lower abs (about 3 inches below my belly button)
    Hips
    Thighs
    Calf

If you are doing everything right, you will see a loss when you measure, and that means you are getting closer to the next smaller size, regardless of what the scales say! Scales are evil, measuring tapes are our friends!!!! Keep up the great work!!
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

2. Advertising
    advertising

I agree Raquel!

In addition it is not uncommon to lose inches instead of actual lbs at many times duing this process!
    SW-268 (5-16-08)
    (5-26) 263
    (8-11) 234

1st MINI GOAL=========>230

Unhappy Bless You!

I have yet to lose on phentermine, but I am losing inches. The post that Amy found by Tasi, made my day. I have been on phen 37.5 mg for 2 months now. I have lost and gained 2 to 3 pounds it seems. I have not taken the 2 cheat days to eat whatever, I want although I have had some brownies or a grilled chicken sandwich with my kids at McD's. Everytime I go in for weighin and my B12 shot, it's heartbreaking. I am either told: DID U GET ALL YOUR WATER IN?, DID U EAT ALL YOUR SNACKS?, OR THEY FIND SOMETHING THAT I SUBSTITUTED (which appeared to be healthy to me) AND TELL ME IT'S WRONG! For example, I bought some of the ATKINS SHAKES which are high in protein and low in carbs. Hello Atkins, people! They say I Can't have these shakes on the program!! WTH! They are high protein and that is what the plan is about! I am starting to think they enjoy telling me that I didn't lose or am gaining. Inches mean nothing to them apparently: YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE THEM! That's the response I get. I weigh 172-175. I I can't seem to move the needle. I am not supposed to eat the frozen meals, but I am not losing eating what they want either. So, I am going to buy me some South Beach, and Keep my Atkins shakes (only 160-150 in calories, hiprotein, low carbs). I don't care if they say there is too much sodium in them. I figure I am not eating alot of sodium for other meals, and I can't lose any weight so what have I got to lose? Sorry to sound so negative..I just needed to vent. And Ladies, I need help! Thanks. Sorry to hijack the post, too.

Diamond Phenster

How's this for encouraging ???

As long as you have strong lean muscles and you are comfortable in your clothes and getting in smaller sizes ... the numbers on the scale are irrelivant.

Seriously - you are getting shape and being healthy ... exercising is AWESOME for you and nothing else matters.

Don't let the numbers effect your mood. You are doing great and with time ... the pounds will follow.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Default New Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Amy... View Post
    How can I start my own thread...and do you really got to drink gallons of water...I dont care much for water...but I really try to get the 64oz in...
    In front of Phentermine forums, see top left "post new thread"....

I drinks more than 10 oz of water daily. It is GOOD for you. It flushs out of your body.
    What I want for Xmas is... an Onederland!!!

almost!!!

Phen Newbie

How can I start my own thread...and do you really got to drink gallons of water...I dont care much for water...but I really try to get the 64oz in...

Default Amy...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy... View Post
    I just started the phen 2 days ago...Sunday I started the phen and I was 219...Monday I was 216...and I was unhappy to see myself at 216 still today...I have 3 kids...and before I had children I was 140...a good size for me...I have never been on any kind of diet before...so this is really hard for me...Sunday when I started the phen...it was like I got high off of it...now I cant even tell I take it...Im not sure how to diet...but I know Im not eating that much...just enough to keep my body from thinking Im starved for food...I try to drink as much water as I can...and apple juice...I work alot...but I am going to try to walk atleast 2 miles a day on my days off...and swim atleast once a week...I dont know how to post...just reply...PLZ HELP...any info would be great...
    This post from Tasi, good explaination and I totally agrees! ....

Please do not skip eating lunch or any other meals.Really you are suppose to eat five times a day.Three meals and two snacks as long as it is all low cal and low in carbs.I was educated that the more that you eat (healthy wise) the more that you raise your metabolism which is very important and this is what you want to do so that you can maintain your goal.Also keep in mind that not every week you are going to lose weight in lbs.None of us do.But trust me as long as you are sticking to what you are doing it will come off.Sometimes you will notice a change in inches vs the lbs.As your clothes become loose on you than that is an indication that you are losing in inches right now and not so much in lbs.You are doing another good thing which is exercising.As the above poster stated muscle does weigh more than fat so as you exercise you are gaining lean muscle and losing weight at the same time.Do not not try to over exercise and make youself miserable to the point as to where you do not want to do it and do not starve yourself either because this will make you want to give up and this something that none of us want you to do because over exercising and skipping meals will not speed up the process at all.I learned this the hard way when I lost over 100lbs 4 years ago.This is just me but I do not have a scale in my home because I know that I would be tempted to get on it every week and if I did not see any results that week that I would get a little discouraged.This is why I only get weighed once a month when I go to my PCP because in a month's time you know that you have lost some weight and it won't be so discouraging.Even though the scale stated that I weigh 330lbs my pants are very loose on me which makes me feel good because that tells me that I have lost more inches in my waist and legs and that makes me feel pretty good.Also another poster above mentioned switching up on exercises,different times,etc.That is another good idea because your body can get use to the same routine and it does need a change.You are doing everything right just do not get discouraged and keep you chin up You will see that not only does lbs count but when you notice the difference in the way that you clothes fit on you than that is telling you that you are losing the weight.You may not see it on the scale every single week but trust me you will be able to see it just by looking at your body and losing inches.You can do it.Do not give up.We will not let you. You have nothing to be discouraged about and everything to be proud about.
    What I want for Xmas is... an Onederland!!!

almost!!!

Phen Newbie

I just started the phen 2 days ago...Sunday I started the phen and I was 219...Monday I was 216...and I was unhappy to see myself at 216 still today...I have 3 kids...and before I had children I was 140...a good size for me...I have never been on any kind of diet before...so this is really hard for me...Sunday when I started the phen...it was like I got high off of it...now I cant even tell I take it...Im not sure how to diet...but I know Im not eating that much...just enough to keep my body from thinking Im starved for food...I try to drink as much water as I can...and apple juice...I work alot...but I am going to try to walk atleast 2 miles a day on my days off...and swim atleast once a week...I dont know how to post...just reply...PLZ HELP...any info would be great...

I haven't actually measure myself but i can tell the inches are falling off b/c of the way my clothes are fitting. I'm going to definetly start keeping track though to keep motivated. Thank you for your reply and good luck to you!! )

Have you measured yourself? You should do that, so you wont get discouraged. Sounds like you are doing a lot, and if you didnt do nearly this much before, then what you are doing is losing smoe fat, but gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more then fat does, so that would be why your not seeing much change on the scale. Get a measuring tape and start writing them down. I bet you see them numbers moving! Good luck to you!
    All I want for Xmas- Onederland

Main Goal

Started 7/11 @ 260lbs.

7/13-First Weigh in- 256
    7/18- Excately 1 week on Phen- 250
    7/25-2 weeks on Phen-245
    8/4- Sq Cleanse- 241
    8/8- 238
    8/15- 235
    8/26-230
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

WEEK 3

WATER - 540 oz

EXERCISE -

WEIGHT: -3, -4, -3

Default losing inches and not weight

hi all. so i started phentermine on july 11th and lost 7lbs in the first week. i weigh myself every friday and just last friday i only lost 1 lb and i worked my butt off and ate three healthy meals daily. this friday will be my 3rd week so we'll see what i weigh then but i'm wondering if it'll be the same? why am i not losing more weight if i'm working so hard? i started at 194 when i started the pills and now i'm at 186. i've read online people that lost so much more by this time. is it possible i'm losing inches first? i've been doing kickboxing, cycling and boxing classes 3 times a week for an hour each then i do the elypitical and treadmill for 20 minutes each 2 times a week along with free weights. i'm trying to lose this baby weight and i know i have to be patient since techinically i only started 2 weeks ago but i want faster results lol my lowest weight was 142 but i was 160 when i got pregnant so thats where i want to be so i can fit my clothes b/c i refuse to buy biggers ones. any words of encouragement out there??
    Last edited by lizzyd0480; July 29th, 2008 at 09:00 AM.