im new! second time on phen after gaining all the weight back

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheelgirl View Post
    That makes perfect sense Brodylove. Thanks for sharing.

I personally believe that its better for the weight to come off slow. That way it teaches you how to make better food choices once the effects of phen isn't suppressing your appetite as well as it did in the beginning. I stopped taking the phen when I was close to goal, because I wanted to see if I could maybe continue to lose without the phen. Its been tough, but I'm doing okay. I just try to have more good days then bad & right now the bad days aren't showing on the scale. As I said before, its not easy.
    i agree! i've definitely been there just like everyone else- losing, maintaining for a while, then gaining it all back & then some. but hopefully we've all learned proper techniques that can help us keep it off for good , even after we stop phen. good luck brody
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

That makes perfect sense Brodylove. Thanks for sharing.

I personally believe that its better for the weight to come off slow. That way it teaches you how to make better food choices once the effects of phen isn't suppressing your appetite as well as it did in the beginning. I stopped taking the phen when I was close to goal, because I wanted to see if I could maybe continue to lose without the phen. Its been tough, but I'm doing okay. I just try to have more good days then bad & right now the bad days aren't showing on the scale. As I said before, its not easy.

Height 5'7
    SW - 178 (2-20-08)
    GW- 155
    Lost 16.4 lbs in 6 weeks on phen
    Lost additonal 9.6 after phen from 4-9-08 to 6-20-08
    Below goal & size 8 in most things 6-20-08

DESPERATELY TRYING TO MAINTAIN!

LIFE AFTER PHEN CHALLENGE

[[/url]

Been there...done that!! I bumped up my weight-loss journey if you'd like to read it.

The thread title is:

Figured it's time to share my weight-loss journey...Please read

I first took phenD in 2001 and lost bout 25-30 lbs in about 4 months and I kept off the weight (probably gained 10lbs but it looked good on me.) Mid 05 had gallbladder removed and started gaining weight back in late 05 early 06 and returned to original starting weight.
    Its funny that u said when u stop taking the phen the weight comes back bc I had a friend who took it and lost a lot of weight and then gained it back in abt a year. Jus makes me kinda wonder about it. I have taken it w/phenD but most my weight loss came from phenD and it stayed off really well. Me and my nightly margaritas were totally to blame

Not intrusive at all! Thats what this is for right?

I really feel like it was my own fault for gaining all of the weight back. Once you come off the phen it really takes alot of will power to continue eating the way you did when you werent hungry.

My doctor explained phen to me as sort of like a training process for how you really should eat. When he put me on phen it was because I didnt know what it felt like to be full and obviously you dont get very hungry while taking phen so it helped alot.

When i first stopped phen (after reaching my goal weight of 135..which was AMAZING by the way) in october I did very well for about 3 weeks. It wasnt easy but i figured that my body would start to get used to my eating patterns without the phen eventually. Unfortunatley...I am a college student and living away at school. So I started to give into temptation every once and a while..which quickly became all of the time. And before I knew it i was back in the 160s. I am pretty confident now that i know what will happen if i dont stick to it..ill be able to do it this time.

That is why I think it happened to me..Am i just trying to convince myself or do you think that makes sense? lol.

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear that you gained all the weight back. I'm very interested in hearing your answer to BandM's question. I hope to learn from your response.

Height 5'7
    SW - 178 (2-20-08)
    GW- 155
    Lost 16.4 lbs in 6 weeks on phen
    Lost additonal 9.6 after phen from 4-9-08 to 6-20-08
    Below goal & size 8 in most things 6-20-08

DESPERATELY TRYING TO MAINTAIN!

LIFE AFTER PHEN CHALLENGE

[[/url]

Silver Phenster

I was on phen off and on several times and I think when you go off of it the weight comes back. In fact my first time I used it was back in 2004. I only needed to lose 10 pounds and my cousin told me about the weight clinic and how she lost 17 ppunds in 1 month so I tried it. I was 158- well since then I have never seen 160 again. By time I went back on Phen it was 2005 I was at 183 and then the next time I was in 200s so to me it makes you gain
    Height: 5'8"
    SW- 215- 3/25/08 (fell off and gained starting again)
    CW- 207- 5/06/08 No Phen just diet, CLA and exercise
    GW: 180 - 9/4/08

ive been wondering the same things band mamma. Am I going to gain it all back? I gained most of the weight during my pregnancies and i didn't have a problem before that. But I'm not 22 anymore, has age changed my metobolism? of course I am more mindful how i eat now and I am much more active. I would have laughed at the thought of me on a bike 7yrs ago! Now I do it almost every night. Sorry maybe I should have put this in my own thread. Big WELCOME brodylove!

Welcome back!
    Why do you think you gained it back? What are you plans for keeping it off?
    I hope that doesn't sound intrusive. I'm researching such things within myself right now and I thought it might be helpful for both of us to discuss such things.
    Come on in and keeping reading and posting!

Welcome back! The side effects should pass sometime soon. Good luck!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Default im new! second time on phen after gaining all the weight back

Hey.

I am new to these boards..well not really new. I came here alot to read before but this time I decided to register! I took phen last summer and i went from 160 in July to 135 by October. Unfortunatley I gained all of it back over the year and i am back at 162 today. BUT i started phen again today and I am hoping that I can keep it off this time! Has this happened to anyone else here????

the side effects ARE crazy though and i forgot how bad they can be. Which is why I am up at 3:30 in the morning right now lol. I CAN NEVER SLEEP ON PHEN! and my mouth is always so dry.

I really am excited to chat with all of you though. It seems like you all have a great support system going on.

Talk to you all soon!!
    Last edited by brodylove; July 29th, 2008 at 03:39 AM.