Obsession with losing weight
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Photos
    View albums

I agree with losingweightin08 don't weigh yourself so much, once in the morning and usually at the sametime each morning, you should weigh yourself. On the other hand, if you're doing so well wait for about a month and see how far you've come that can bring a lot of motivation for you to continue. I watch a lot of shows also on discovery health channel and they inspire me in more ways than one. Some caution me to be careful because of what obesity can do to you. Other shows like X-Weighted help to realize that there are others out there struggling just like I am and if they can commit to making themselves healthier and more fit then so can I. I would also suggest that you go out, take a walk, sight seeing and maybe go to the mall, meet up with friends etc., to avoid being so obsessed with losing. I know that you do feel powerful when you lose weight especially when it gets close to you reaching your goal, oh my Lord, it's a scary feeling. I chalk that up to being afraid of success......Keep going you're doing well!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I have felt that way before as well! Congrats on the weightloss by the way, thats awesome I think ur fine as long as you keep it healthy and dont start resorting to unhealthy means of losing weight. If weighing in alot keeps u on track, there is no harm in that!

Keep up the awesome work
    SW:268
    LW:210
    CW:230
    GW:175

"You never know what you can do until you try"

Photos
    View albums

Default lol

i thought it was just me also. i have bought so much stuff new make up straightner SHOES! and i never was into shoes like this. even though i still have 54 more pounds to go the 24 ive lost makes me feel better and encourages me to keep moving. iam so glad i joined this site. when your trying to lose weight you defiently need reinforcement espically with people who are going through the same thing as you. Keep up the good work guys

These 2 right here are my inspiration
    11-16 206 :*(
    12/14-183.6!! FIRST MONTH LOSS 20.4LBS!!!
    3/22-159.6 3 MONTHS IN 46.4lbs DOWN

Mini Goal- 170 by Christmas
    Mini Goal-145 by Valentines day
    BY our 11 year anniversary March 4 2012 i want to be at my goal weight of 130

Photos
    View albums

Ginger I'm right there with you. I posted about this a few days ago myself. I even went farther than you are, I'm pushing it onto my KIDS. I learned not to feel guilty about being obsessed with it becaue that's what I NEED to do to make myself lose the weight. I find that after I lose a few pounds I want to eat more because I figure oh well I've lost a few pounds and now I can splurge some. This is one thing YOU can control yourself. I stopped weighing myself 20+ times a day. I do it in the morning and at night to see how the weight changes. I've stopped pushing my healthy stuff on my family if they want to eat healthy then ok if not it don't bother me much anymore. It gets better after you realize what you are doing lol. That sounds funny but after I noticed what I was doing and posted about it i did realize I was acting like a crazy person. I almost live on this forum too, my hubby tells me all the time that I'm obsessed with this forum and the scale lol. As long as it don't bother your personal life and make you do silly things to lose weight then I don't think a little obsession to be thin is out of line

By the way we are around the same weight and have lost the same amount in the same time frame....if you wanna we can be board buddies and kind of help each other along.
    07/21/10 - 247 lbs
    06-14-2010 - 256Lbs
    1st doc visit 06-17-10: 253
    MiniGoal: By August 21, 12 more pounds
    1 month goal: 235 by August 21

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by want2lovemybody View Post
    I'm either obsessed...or I'm fat. There is no in between for me. I'm either "all in" or "all out". I'm either in the zone or I've fallen off the wagon. Which is kinda scary for me because it means I have to be obsessed with it at all times to keep this weight off once I lose it.
    And another thing.... when I am "in the zone" and losing weight I get obsessed with other things...

Make-up.....
    clothes......
    beauty products.....

Today I have been online looking up eyelash extensions. (They're pretty cool too, by the way). It's like taking care of myself in one way just puts me over the top. When I'm in my "fat and don't give a d*** mode" I dont care about any of that stuff.

Crazy......
    OMG! All of this sounds so much like me! I lost 70 lbs once in 6 months and 40 lbs in 3 months. Obviously I didn't keep it off for the long term, and I ended up weighing more than I ever have. But when I am "in the zone" I am doing the same things, new hair, special attention to the clothes. Crazy things! I am not losing as fast this time. I'm right at about 20 lbs in 6 1/2 weeks.
    But I am doing lots of the old habits, I weigh myself at least 3-4 times a day. And considering I am not at home during the day that is quite a bit. I just wish I could lose the weight and not have to constantly think about it all of the time! Even at my heaviest and the time period that got me there, I would constantly think about calories!
    My friend even took my scale away during the 70 lb. loss. I think I freaked her out. She is super thin and didn't understand, even though she WAS very supportive. But I constantly talked about it and spent all of my free time working out.
    "Believe you can, and you're halfway there."

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

YIKES! I meant that I weigh myself once a week LOL!!! I've been tempted lately, so maybe that was subliminal

The shots I take are B12/B6/Lipotropic shots... all in one shot, once a week at the clinic
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by gingerbella View Post
    So, I have always been overweight.. My heaviest was 272, which was about 2 months ago. I am at about 250 now. I have realized that I am becoming obsessed with losing weight. Losing weight has made me feel extremely powerful, and I am somewhat worried that it may get out of hand. I know that sounds silly coming from an obese person. lol. I weigh myself at least 4 times a day, and when I am at home, I mainly spend my time watching weight loss blogs or researching eating disorders. Anyway, has anyone else had these concerns?
    I weigh myself once a day, first thing in the morning after i pee. I drink so much water that I would weigh more during the day just from that and it would discourage me. I spend alot of time thinking about food...fattening food to be exact...carbs and lots of it and its not becaue i am hungry, because most of the time I have to force myself to eat. I am consummed with the thoughts of bread, rice and pasta but i will not eat it. Yeah for my willpower, but it is my willpower that scares me the most. If i can't find something "acceptable" to eat, it is way too easy for me to not eat. I can relate to you and with everyone that has responded.
    SW: 250 (6/16/08)
    240 (6/23/08)
    233 (7/06/08)
    230 (7/15/08)
    220 (7/30/08: 10lbs. in July---->goal met)

Photos
    View albums

Default THANK YOU

Thank you for your advice...i having been doing ww since two weeks after having the baby...but just not losing like I use to...it makes so frusterated...I just feel as though I wont be able to feel like myself until I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight...
    What are the shots you are taking?...are they helping at all?

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by sleventis View Post
    I am the same way...I just had our fourth and final baby seven weeks ago and am in EXTREME weight loss mode...and am VERY frusterated with the results thus far...my normal weight is 130-135...so this extra weight it VERY depressing....and its ALL I THINK ABOUT...sigh...wish I were different but I get this way after each baby we have had...and for some reason it seems harder this time around...maybe its because I am older...i dont know...but I weigh myself ALL THE TIME...and it s like whatever the scale says dicatates my mood for the day....ggrrrr......
    What are some of all your tips for success with the Phen?...any of you have set backs early on...within the first few weeks of using Phen?

I know what you mean... sigh. For me, the key is to look at Phen as 1% of the plan. The rest is up to me... my diet, my exercise, etc. I keep my calories low but I make sure I get alot for those calories, which means lean meats, low carb protein shakes, very little fat, veggies, no processed carbs, small amounts of fruit, and I do allow myself whole grains as long as they have a lot of fiber, a couple times a week. I drink more water than I can stand, and then I drink more LOL I try to eat a little something every 3 hours since I'm rarely hungry, so my metabolism doesnt stall. I try to workout for 45-60 minutes in the morning, and in the evening, 6x a week, as well as strength training a few times a week. I weigh myself once a day, for sanity and accuracy. Everyone has to find their own way, but as long as you are giving it your all, it will come... it just takes time.
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

Photos
    View albums

Default DITTO

I am the same way...I just had our fourth and final baby seven weeks ago and am in EXTREME weight loss mode...and am VERY frusterated with the results thus far...my normal weight is 130-135...so this extra weight it VERY depressing....and its ALL I THINK ABOUT...sigh...wish I were different but I get this way after each baby we have had...and for some reason it seems harder this time around...maybe its because I am older...i dont know...but I weigh myself ALL THE TIME...and it s like whatever the scale says dicatates my mood for the day....ggrrrr......
    What are some of all your tips for success with the Phen?...any of you have set backs early on...within the first few weeks of using Phen?

Photos
    View albums

See?? Next thing you know you'll be researching fake eyelashes and Botox!
    Girl look at my pic...do I look like I need botox! If any extra goes n these lips i would suffocate myself

Silver Phenster want2lovemybody's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by socialite View Post
    OMG...this is what I have been doing and not realizing it. I cut my hair this weekend, and now Im starting to shop again. I havent really seen the scale move but I can so tell in the inches dept. I actually went in the dressing rm and didnt want to start balling and fighting the air...:blabla:
    See?? Next thing you know you'll be researching fake eyelashes and Botox!
    Start weight 173
    Started Phen 7/10/2008
    (7/17/08).....168
    (7/24/08).....168
    (7/31/08)......164.6
    (8/7/08).....164.4
    (8/14/08) .....162.4
    (8/21/08)....161.8
    (8/28/08)...160.6
    (9/4/08).....160
    (9/11/08)....158
    Goal weight 135

Photos
    View albums

And another thing.... when I am "in the zone" and losing weight I get obsessed with other things...

Make-up.....
    clothes......
    beauty products.....

Today I have been online looking up eyelash extensions. (They're pretty cool too, by the way). It's like taking care of myself in one way just puts me over the top. When I'm in my "fat and don't give a d*** mode" I dont care about any of that stuff.

Crazy......
    OMG...this is what I have been doing and not realizing it. I cut my hair this weekend, and now Im starting to shop again. I havent really seen the scale move but I can so tell in the inches dept. I actually went in the dressing rm and didnt want to start balling and fighting the air...:blabla:

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I totally get it. I weigh myself every day, look at my body, etc. You are not alone.
    Highest weight 2003 320
    Lapband preop weight June 06 282
    Starting weight Pherntermine July 15 223
    7/22 - 217
    Goal 200, stretch goal 185

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by socialite View Post
    I can say I am starting to become somewhat obsessed. I went to chilis this weekend and I opted for grilled onions, mushrooms and peppers nstead of fries (w/my fattening burger) But b4 I wouldnt have cared. Its like if I cheat I still monitor how I am cheating. I have just been way more conscious abt my food and that AINT me. Iv been cravn sauceless hot wings from kfc and i ordered the 6 piece. I ate 3 1/2 and threw them away and had my salad for dinner. They made me wanna throw up bc they just felt unhealthy. I even had the guy n driv thru get me the nutritional valu for a sscake parfait cup, and then told him never mind when i saw the calories. I was alrdy gettn chickn I surely wasnt tryn to go overboard.
    This is me. Moderation if I cheat.
    Kim, Mother to 5 working on reclaiming her body

SW 265 started WW, Flex Plan July 7th
    Started Phen July 15
    July total weight loss 10lbs
    August total weight loss 11lbs
    September weight loss 9lbs (while on vacation!)
    October weight loss 10lbs
    CW 223

November Goal 12.5lbs

Photos
    View albums

Make-up.....
    clothes......
    beauty products.....

Crazy......
    Start weight 173
    Started Phen 7/10/2008
    (7/17/08).....168
    (7/24/08).....168
    (7/31/08)......164.6
    (8/7/08).....164.4
    (8/14/08) .....162.4
    (8/21/08)....161.8
    (8/28/08)...160.6
    (9/4/08).....160
    (9/11/08)....158
    Goal weight 135

Photos
    View albums

I also think this forum helps us feel more accountable and pushes us to do good. I would just cut my throat if I logged into this everyday and read about people losing weight and I know Im being trifiling..lol.
    If I get to out of hand I feel compelled to post a thread and tell about what I have done and not just read other peoples confessions and try to giv them advice knowing Im not practicing what I preach.
    This forum is wonderful in sooo many ways

Photos
    View albums

I hadnt eaten much that day and only had one sandwich no tots no chees sticks. I thought maybe 800-1000 cals. After eating it i looked up the nutr. online and i was shocked! if I'd known i was going to mess up that bad i think i would have had onion rings too! when i'm good i'm good when i eat bad i eat REAL bad!

Photos
    View albums

Thumbs up

I am obsessed too. I remember when I was 8.. yes 8 years old and my momma put me on the atkins diet. Ever since then I have been on diets, then Id stop, then Id start again and have never accomplished anything. I have been dieting for close to 6 months now and it's like it has just taken over my body. I dont want to stop, and Ive come so far Im NOT going too. Its like im fighting mad over it and I want it so bad Im gonna do whatever it takes to get there... and we all are!!! GOOD JOB on your weight loss so far, and GOOD JOB TO ALL OF YOU LADIES!!!! CANT WAIT TO BE A SKINNY ***** AND SHOW EVERYONE "YES I CAN DO THIS!!!!!"

Photos
    View albums

I'm either obsessed...or I'm fat. There is no in between for me. I'm either "all in" or "all out". I'm either in the zone or I've fallen off the wagon. Which is kinda scary for me because it means I have to be obsessed with it at all times to keep this weight off once I lose it.
    Start weight 173
    Started Phen 7/10/2008
    (7/17/08).....168
    (7/24/08).....168
    (7/31/08)......164.6
    (8/7/08).....164.4
    (8/14/08) .....162.4
    (8/21/08)....161.8
    (8/28/08)...160.6
    (9/4/08).....160
    (9/11/08)....158
    Goal weight 135

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by i82much View Post
    yes me too. I have to give it all my energy. Every time i dont I end up at the fast food place, because "I've been doing so good" and I eat high carb and enough calories for an entire day in one meal. Who knew a ckn club toaster sandwich and large strawberry shake from sonic had 1450 cal? I weigh myself every time i use the bathroom. and get bummed if the scale doesnt move down every single day.
    Now u knew that mess at Sonic is fattening! But isnt it rediculous? Cant have NOTHING!

Photos
    View albums

yes me too. I have to give it all my energy. Every time i dont I end up at the fast food place, because "I've been doing so good" and I eat high carb and enough calories for an entire day in one meal. Who knew a ckn club toaster sandwich and large strawberry shake from sonic had 1450 cal? I weigh myself every time i use the bathroom. and get bummed if the scale doesnt move down every single day.

Photos
    View albums

I can say I am starting to become somewhat obsessed. I went to chilis this weekend and I opted for grilled onions, mushrooms and peppers nstead of fries (w/my fattening burger) But b4 I wouldnt have cared. Its like if I cheat I still monitor how I am cheating. I have just been way more conscious abt my food and that AINT me. Iv been cravn sauceless hot wings from kfc and i ordered the 6 piece. I ate 3 1/2 and threw them away and had my salad for dinner. They made me wanna throw up bc they just felt unhealthy. I even had the guy n driv thru get me the nutritional valu for a sscake parfait cup, and then told him never mind when i saw the calories. I was alrdy gettn chickn I surely wasnt tryn to go overboard.

Photos
    View albums

I know exactly what you are saying! I went from having a food addiction to now not wanting to eat in fear of going back to my old ways. I can honestly say that Phen was the tool I needed to give me the straight to control my appetite! I just make sure I'm eating the foods I should, exercising and drinking plenty of water!

Good Luck!
    url=http://www.extrapounds.com/] [/url]

July 19, 2008 Today
    6-11-08 200lbs (starting weight)
    7-7-08 186 lbs
    7-18-08 182 lbs
    8-14-08 173lbs almost at 30lbs lost!
    1-20-09 144lds
    myspace.com/mykidsrul

Photos
    View albums

I get obsessed with it too. I have managed to keep my weighing to once a day though, but I think I need to. If not I get to point where food/eating get out of control and than I end up gaining more and more. I think I need to stay in obsessed mode or I get in the I'm a failure mode since been trying to lose for so long.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsTmMh6/]

mini goals:
    180-met
    165-met

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast