When did you realize
    Photos
    View albums

I had several "eye openers" ....
    One was when my five year old informed me I should diet so I wouldn't be so fat
    Another was pics, oddly enough, I no longer own any pictures of myself

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I always knew I was overweight, but I compared myself to other people and told myself, "I'm not THAT big" in comparison. I had always planned to lose weight and I tried several ways of doing it, but nothing worked. I warped every diet I started. I could lose a few pounds here and there, but nothing major.

My niece unexpectedly died and I spent a year thinking about things like how I wished I had more pictures and video of her, what I wanted out of my life, how I wanted to be remembered, etc.... While thinking, I was also planning. Once the year was up, I started putting my plans into action. I enrolled in college. Once I was nearing completion, I set up several doctor's appointments to start the next phases of my plan. I eased into weight loss by taking care of a mole (tried to get rid of 2, but only 1 left), asking for something for stress (got Xanax), and for the third appt. I asked for a complete physical because I wanted to know all the numbers and to talk about how to lose weight.

So, I started my "Too Damn Old Tour" (as in, I am too damn old not to have certain things and I am too damn old to keep denying how unhappy I was and not changing anything). I got on a plane for the first time and we went on vacation to the Dominican Republic.

I also started asking my kids to take the occasional picture of me because even if I hated the picture I wanted my kids to have at least a few if, God forbid, I died. After all, not one person expected my niece to die-certainly not her husband or 2 small kids.

One of the pictures my son took on that vacation was a great motivation and a wake up call for me. Here I am one year ago at 231 lbs. and this year (almost exactly a year later) in St. Martin at 162ish lbs:
    Last edited by Band Mamma; December 30th, 2008 at 11:54 AM.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have always known that I was a big girl. People keep telling me that all the time....so yeah....I know. But 2 years ago I started fertility meds and gained over 50 pounds. And I was fine with that, because I was working towards a goal, and that goal is to have a child. So the weight was not even an issue, I had to do what I had to do.

Anyway, my husband and I went to a wedding about 2 months ago, and OH MY GOD! When those pictures came back, I cried. A lot! It was a horrific wake up call, and I have not gotten over it yet. So, we decided to give the meds a rest and try to have me lose some weight.

And, I got one of those...."Awwww, it is not that bad" things from one of the ladies that I work with......ooooh, I just wanted to cry.....cause we both knew that the picture was horrific!
    [/url]

[/url]

Photos
    View albums

when I get time I will post the pic the showed me I was fat. Riding an ATV and I thought I looked cute on it. WRONG!!!!!!
    Wearing these white jeans today...12/28/09..but man are they TIGHT!!

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Pictures don't lie and they tick me right off. And I found I was always putting my boys in front of me in pics, to hide my thighs.

I've been up and down in weight for more years than not, so it's not like I had an AH-HA moment, more like "it's time to get the weight down again"
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Nursy Lori View Post
    It's kind of funny. I've known for years and years that I was fat. Believe me, my ex husband reminded me on a daily basis for the 6 years we were married. I married my current husband in December of 2003 and gradually gained even more weight because he never said anything and he is a great cook (and I love to eat). Well, after losing these 30 pounds I decided to pull out my sister's wedding video from 2001. I almost fell out when I saw myself on there. I kept telling hubby "Can you believe how huge I was?" I guess I was in denial somewhat all those years.
    That is soooo funny I feel the same...last year I went to Dollywood...and on those rides they take ur pic...I cried...I really never thought of meself as fat...but the pic did not lie...I was sun burnt and I had a red tank on...I looked like a fat ball of fire shooting down the mountain on a water ride...lol

Photos
    View albums

It's kind of funny. I've known for years and years that I was fat. Believe me, my ex husband reminded me on a daily basis for the 6 years we were married. I married my current husband in December of 2003 and gradually gained even more weight because he never said anything and he is a great cook (and I love to eat). Well, after losing these 30 pounds I decided to pull out my sister's wedding video from 2001. I almost fell out when I saw myself on there. I kept telling hubby "Can you believe how huge I was?" I guess I was in denial somewhat all those years.

Bronze Phenster loves_my_husband's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Well.. a friend has posted some pics on her myspace from 4th of july.. and what do ya know? there was a pic of me and hubby on there... he was leaning ona car and i was cleaning on him.. my *** was toward the camera and omg.. it made me realize... DAMN MY *** IS AS BIG AS A WHALE.. but wait look at that double chin, omg, im bigger then my husband.... THATS what did it for me.. and i asked her please take that off its embarassing. So a few weeks later i started my diet

Photos
    View albums

When my clothes stopped fitting... Especially this one pair of jeans that my hubby LOVES me in... they don't fit right now
    https://www.phentermine.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41361&dateline=122056  0553

That spare tire aka muffin top, has got to GO!!!

Starting the Body For Life challenge at around 152, i'm sure... I haven't weighed tho... so we shall see!

Photos
    View albums

I have always been big boned!!!!! So as I got older and left high school, my weight graually increased, especially in college and one day like poof....I was wearing a 24. It seemed to have come out of know where!!!!!!!!!!!
    SW-268 (5-16-08)
    (5-26) 263
    (8-11) 234

1st MINI GOAL=========>230

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Mine was pictures of me from a wedding also! My BIL's wedding last month! I look fat and/or pregnant in the dress I was wearing and when I looked in the mirror I thought I looked good, but the pictures I do not (luckily I was just in like three family pictures and I wish I could have been more toward the back so that I was just seen from the chest up!)

Photos
    View albums

I've been heavy most of my life, but when I got married 14 yrs ago I was 163 (still heavy but at least size 12) after trying to conceive my first daughter and all the fertility drugs I went up to 190 and seem to stay near that weight (sometimes still thought looked ok) but the reality set in when I saw pics. Now I am not in pics anymore(minus the one from this weekend that I thought I looked good at wedding til I saw the pic)
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsTmMh6/]

mini goals:
    180-met
    165-met

Photos
    View albums

For me, I knew I was a big girl, but last October we took family photos and I chose a very poor outfit to wear. I looked disgusting. I just knew at that point I had to lose the weight some way some how.
    Kim, Mother to 5 working on reclaiming her body

SW 265 started WW, Flex Plan July 7th
    Started Phen July 15
    July total weight loss 10lbs
    August total weight loss 11lbs
    September weight loss 9lbs (while on vacation!)
    October weight loss 10lbs
    CW 223

November Goal 12.5lbs

Photos
    View albums

Similar, I looked at my photos from our trip to Gatlinburg in February and that did it for me! I knew I was overweight, but I had no idea just how bad it was! We are going to Disney World in September and I look forward to taking good photos with my family once again!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Photos
    View albums

Jsmom - you are too funny!!

I realized it in pics as well. I had a few weddings to go to, and thought I looked GREAT when I left the house. When I saw the pics, I looked like a whale in a dress. It was sad. Then I got mad at my mirror for lying to me....lol

Photos
    View albums

When I realized I was the fat friend that is asked to go to the beach to make everyone else feel good. For the last 10 years I was a certain size. When I look back at photos durring this time I saw that I was as big as my hubby, you couldn't tell who was who from the back. Also the last defining moment came when I got out of the shower and looked into the mirror (I know, bad bad thing to do) and thought to myself "oh Lord, what happened? Do I really look like that?" It was one of those things where you don't really see in the mirror, you just see what is your image of yourself in your head. So, that day getting out of the shower was an eye opener for me.
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Photos
    View albums

jsmom you crack me up!!! moving into a different zip code I am so there!!!!!! Now since going down at least I am happy about the move> Anyway I knew I was fat after my kids were born with DD I got down to 155 them got pregnant with DS ( 3 1/2 years later- should have been at goal weight but WTH) Anyway I knew I needed Phen when I was spending all day in the kitchen cooking healthy cause I was never full. It is harder to eat healthy foods they take more time to prepare I don't care what anyone says. No matter how much I ate I was hungry an hour later. So for me Phen was a need and I know right now I already need less food even when I don't take Phen
    SW 5/24 188.8 started Phen
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/6 180 week 2 (179 @home)
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2
    7/31 172 WTH Start 37.7 tomorrow
    Avatar is me @ my wedding in 2001

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by cruisegirl1023 View Post
    I gained the majority of my weight in 2005 and early 2006 (60 lbs) I was in denial for a while, but I remember seeing pictures I had done at an awards banquet. I THOUGHT I looked pretty good when I left, but I saw the pictures and started crying. I hate pictures now, I can think I look good in the mirror, and then I see the pictures. So I try to avoid those now When I did realize I was not only fat, but bordering on obese, it hit me HARD. I went through a pretty dark depression... but I really think I needed to feel the really down times, in order to experience the really good times. But when it hits you, wow... it's a hard pill to swallow. You do the whole "I'll never let myself get above xxx", and you inch towards it, lose some, inch again, lose some and BAM, you cross that line... that is the 2nd shoe that drops.

I can understand where you are coming from...I gained all my weight in a relatively short amount of time ( and only a year or so after losing weight and being small for the first time in my life!) ...due to medications and whatnot. It was very depressing. After the meds I was so depressed about other things so I ate a lot....when I met my current boyfriend of three years..we ate a lot together! So I just kept gaining. As I kept gaining weight I never weighed myself so it was very easy to lie to myself even though I never liked what I saw in the mirror.

To actually answer the question...I realized I was fat when I went to an acupuncturist for something completely unrelated to fat and he told me that I was(and I quote!) "too fat" and that I had high blood pressure.

I cried. I was ashamed and embarrassed sitting there in this a-hole's waiting room ..and that was when I finally got serious about losing weight. ((this place got closed down a few months later...HA!!)
    Starting Weight: 260lbs

First Goal: 200lbs w/NO phen (met a year ago)

-regained and hit a plateau

started phen on 6/24 @ 217lbs

Current Weight as of 7/23 - 202lbs !!

"Impossibility—a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools."-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -T.S. Eliot

"Well behaved women rarely make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I gained the majority of my weight in 2005 and early 2006 (60 lbs) I was in denial for a while, but I remember seeing pictures I had done at an awards banquet. I THOUGHT I looked pretty good when I left, but I saw the pictures and started crying. I hate pictures now, I can think I look good in the mirror, and then I see the pictures. So I try to avoid those now When I did realize I was not only fat, but bordering on obese, it hit me HARD. I went through a pretty dark depression... but I really think I needed to feel the really down times, in order to experience the really good times. But when it hits you, wow... it's a hard pill to swallow. You do the whole "I'll never let myself get above xxx", and you inch towards it, lose some, inch again, lose some and BAM, you cross that line... that is the 2nd shoe that drops.
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

Photos
    View albums

I guess I've always realized that I am big. But when I saw a pic of me & my cousin @ thanksgiving, i was like..no way am i THAT big.
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Banned
    Photos
    View albums

When I looked in the mirror

Photos
    View albums

Default When did you realize

that you were fat? For me it was when I saw the pictures from my trip to Disney World. OMG I was so embarrassed, because I though I was a lot smaller than I really was ! I remember thinking to myself, I have got to do something to get this weight off. Nothing like a picture of yourself to give you a serious reality check.

And it's amazing what you will talk yourself into believing, I rememberright before my trip trying on pants that were a size 12 and them not fitting! Of course it was because "The clothes run small in this store" No, (Reality check) my asss was starting to spread into the next zipcode

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9