Excercise

Thread: Excercise

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by aridner46 View Post
    Do any of you all go to a gym or just work out at home? I had been walking 1-2 miles a day and riding my bike about a mile (for a fat girl I was proud ) but I have noticed that my stomach is getting saggy and wrinkly and my arms are not tone at all. I lift 5lb weights every other day but can't tell much of a difference. At the hospital I work at they offer us the cardiac rehab room to work out for 10 bucks a month. I have never felt comfortable going to the local gym with all the thin, young teeny boppers. Just makes me feel a little out of place. I just cant get rid of this bulge in my mid-section
    10 bucks a month? The hospital I work in lets us use their gym for free as long as we take their little class and sign a stack of release papers. I used to use the gym at work, but I stopped because I am not motivating to myself and none of my coworkers are willing to workout with me. My best friend at work goes, but she gets off an hour before me, so she's done before I'm even ready to start. I hate going to gyms, too, so I've been doing all my workouts at home. I started out doing the Yourself! Fitness video on the XBox, but I got bored with it after a few months. I have slacked off of working out completely for the past couple of months, but this week I started back and have been recording Gilad on the DVR. His show comes on FitTV and he gives a good workout. Actually, if you have satellite and get FitTV, there are a lot of good workout shows that come on there.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by kaigav2 View Post
    Hey just wanted to add that I had Yoga Booty Ballet and I hated it. I didn't feel I got any workout from it at all, I've seen the infomercial on Hiphop Abs and it looked fun, but I had already ordered Turbo Jam, which I love!!! I think you are doing a great job though, just keep up the cardio because that will burn fat, you can do situps all you want but it will only tighten the muscles that lie underneath belly fat, I wish I could just cut all my fat belly off, I'm sure I got a six pack going on under all the flab!! haha

LOL! I say the same thing... All that fat is there to protect my precious 6 pack
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

Photos
    View albums

Hey just wanted to add that I had Yoga Booty Ballet and I hated it. I didn't feel I got any workout from it at all, I've seen the infomercial on Hiphop Abs and it looked fun, but I had already ordered Turbo Jam, which I love!!! I think you are doing a great job though, just keep up the cardio because that will burn fat, you can do situps all you want but it will only tighten the muscles that lie underneath belly fat, I wish I could just cut all my fat belly off, I'm sure I got a six pack going on under all the flab!! haha

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I second Turbo Jam!! I LOVE IT! Very fun workout! I have a gym membership but haven't felt comfortable going there for a while. How silly is that?? We are uncomfortable going to a place that would make us healthier... I'm glad I'm not alone!! I used to do a lot of walking, but we have had a run of women being attacked in the parks, and one woman murdered a couple weeks ago while jogging, and it has really scared me from walking. This has all happened in very prestigious neighborhoods, and I don't live in one of them So I figured if it can happen there, it can happen anywhere.

Do you have digital cable? If so, there is a channel (at least in many parts of the country) called Exercise on Demand. There are HUNDREDS of workouts on there including tons of Billy Blanks and Tae-Bo, Pilates, Yoga, Carmen Electra, Leslie Sansonne, Denise Austin, The Biggest Loser, strength training, cardio, etc. My FAVORITE is Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It is the toughest 25 minutes you will ever encounter!! You can do a different workout everyday on EOD and never get bored. They have bikini bootcamps and various challenges... best thing I have ever found. If I didn't have digital, it would be worth the price just for EOD!!!

I think you can download some of the workouts on their website: http://www.exercisetv.tv/whatsondemand/
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

Bronze Phenster BringingSexyback_08's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I would recommend pilates as well. I have a DVR and just record the workout series that come on FIT TV and do them at home when I get bored and start to think about food! You look really great and don't get discouraged about your stomach. For me, that is the hardest place to lose weight, it's like it will never go away!!!! Also lots of crunches and sit ups help. Sounds like your on the right path though.

Photos
    View albums

thank you! I got it at fashion bug YEARS ago and finally fit back into it I love to walk but the weekends are when I dont want to do it at all :P Just insecure of the excess skin, ICK. If it makes me sick I can only imagine what my bf thinks when he looks at me and it makes me feel VERY insecure.

Photos
    View albums

My mom was telling me to try it but I thought it was like an espensive excercise class that celebrities in hollywood go to lol. I really really really LOVE to dance. Always have. It just makes me feel good to shake it haha.. might not look to pretty to others but it makes me feel fantastic!

Photos
    View albums

Love the top of yours in the siggy pic! We weights almost the same! I only walks 2 miles weekdays and 3 on weekend. I do arms weight training 3 or 4 x a week whatever I'm up for it ....for now...
    on your weight loss!!
    What I want for Xmas is... an Onederland!!!

almost!!!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by aridner46 View Post
    I thought about trying pilates, but I saw hip hop abs on tv and it looks awesome. I like to shake the booty too haha.. have you tried it? Or Yoga booty ballet??
    Nope. I am not all that coordinated..LOL.. so I like to keep it simple. Also, pilates not only tones but stregthens your body. You should really try it. You will love the results. I promise.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

I thought about trying pilates, but I saw hip hop abs on tv and it looks awesome. I like to shake the booty too haha.. have you tried it? Or Yoga booty ballet??

Photos
    View albums

I just noticed that you have already lost 41lbs that is awesome. As for working out, I do not go to a gym primarily because I have four small children at home and finding time to do so is really hard. I used to be an avid gym goer before baby number 3 came along.

If you haven't tried pilates, give it a try. It is great for toning and sculpting.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

I have the Turbo Jam workout videos that I do 3 or 4 times a week, and I try to walk 1-2 miles every day. I'm not a big fan of the gym, I'm way too self conscious to workout with weights in front of people. If you don't feel comfortable in the gym you could maybe try to look for some toning/sculpting workout videos and then continue with the walking and bike riding. Congrats on the 41 lb weight loss so far!

Photos
    View albums

Default Excercise

Do any of you all go to a gym or just work out at home? I had been walking 1-2 miles a day and riding my bike about a mile (for a fat girl I was proud ) but I have noticed that my stomach is getting saggy and wrinkly and my arms are not tone at all. I lift 5lb weights every other day but can't tell much of a difference. At the hospital I work at they offer us the cardiac rehab room to work out for 10 bucks a month. I have never felt comfortable going to the local gym with all the thin, young teeny boppers. Just makes me feel a little out of place. I just cant get rid of this bulge in my mid-section