Is it just me?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

You have gotten much feedback! So I am going to add that you look great and losing 41 lbs is staggering!!!!
    And you are a beautiful young lady!!!
    SW-268 (5-16-08)
    (5-26) 263
    (8-11) 234

1st MINI GOAL=========>230

2. Advertising
    advertising

I am 180 and that to me is big for me.... I used to think 140 lbs was big a few years back but i was also 100 lbs until i was 20 years old and am constantly reminded "what happened to you, you used to be sooo skinny" . I think we are always like that i look at people profiles who weigh 140 and think man why do they want to lose weight. But are bodies are all different and we all carry our weight differently.

Mother to a one year old active boy

MAY
    2nd- 194 lbs started PHEN
    9th- 188 lbs
    25th- 186 lbs
    JUNE
    13th- 186 lbs
    20th- 182 lbs

Smile is is just me?

I could almost kiss you, girl! I am about that size and I swear most people don't believe it! I put on 35+ pounds on Effexor, and would love to get down to 150. Any doc who tried to get me down to 125 would get hurt I am curvy, but I could stand to be a little less. It seems that you carry your weight very well. I wish you much success on this journey

Don't get discouraged... I am constently wishing i was smaller and smaller. However being happy with yourself as a person makes a huge difference. I started out at 216 and now am down to 185.. It has been a huge journey for me and it has not been easy... i have had six children and weighed 240 at my heaviest... take it one day at a time, and just do it because you want to be a happier healthy you,, the rest will follow i promise....... good luck.
    july 2008

jan of 2008

Update August 11.2008-------182 Pounds

Diamond Phenster

Ok - Y'all are a bunch of smart ladies.

So I'll just say this "Yeahhh what they said"
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Great post Insearchof.

Aridner - great pic!

Height 5'7
    SW - 178 (2-20-08)
    GW- 155
    Lost 16.4 lbs in 6 weeks on phen
    Lost additonal 9.6 after phen from 4-9-08 to 6-20-08
    Below goal & size 8 in most things 6-20-08

DESPERATELY TRYING TO MAINTAIN!

LIFE AFTER PHEN CHALLENGE

[[/url]

You will be at 180 before you know it. The weight loss journey went by quickly for me. As you loose more weight, your thoughts will change. I didn't set a goal when I first started taking the meds because I had not found the message board and didn't realize how well the meds would work. I was just so used to failure when it came to weight loss that I didn't plan ahead. It wasn't until I was down from 258 to about 215 that I realized this was for real and I would be thin again. I started with a goal of 199, 180, 170, and settled on 160 for a long time. When I hit that goal, I set a new one for 155 and then 150, etc. For a while I was in the mind set of "how low can I go" and then I realized that being healthy and mental sound is more important that the number on the scale. I still have my goal of 139 but I have come to realize that even if I get there, I don't think I could stay there and that is worse than not loosing at all. I did get down to 140 for about a second but I was starving! Good luck with you efforts and keep up the good work.
    Paula

257 Highest 10/1/99 (started phen)
    148 Current 3/19/08
    139 Goal Weight

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aridner46 View Post
    I really feel like I need A LOT of support at this point in time. Did any of you notice when you started diet and excercise plan that after awhile it became obsessive? For 3 months I wrote down any and EVERYTHING I put in my mouth in my "journal" and I was obsessed with excercising. It was like I just could NOT stop no matter how bad I wanted too. I think that has helped me now. I am more consciour of what I put in my body and how much. I havent changed my diet completely. I still go out to eat just opt for fish or chicken, salads, rice and veggies and I ACTUALLY LOVE IT! Sometimes I think "how did I ever eat that nasty big greasy burger" !!!! I eat healthier, but if I have a craving for candy or ice cream I will have it... BUT, I limit how much I eat of it and that pretty much satisfies my craving. I am having problems now because I have been slacking off due to an emotional state of my life right now. I know its not an excuse but I think it has effected my motivation. I work 2nd shift now, and my fiance stays out of state working through the week and it is just more convenient for me to eat cereal or nothing at all. And alot of days I will skip breakfast, lunch and snacks. BUT I am trying to get back on track this week. I asked my doc to up my doasge to 37.5 and she didnt have a problem with it, but my bp HAS COME DOWN GREATLY so she cut my med in half and wanted to see how it does on the 30 with the lower bp med dosge. So hopefully next month she will up it. How long are you allowed to be on phen? I heard you can only take it for 6 months, and after your first 3 months they take you off a month. Is that true??
    I think it's another individual thing. If I was 21, I probably wouldn't be as strict with myself as long as I was losing at a decent pace. However, I'm a 37 year old "obese" smoker with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, PCOS, etc. As my doctor says, I have now entered the "potential heart attack and stroke" zone. No, I can't cheat or be relaxed. for me and many others, it's a matter of life and death. Years ago when I was in otherwise good health, but needed to lose some weight, I let myself have a cheat weekend, or get off track a little... I can't afford to do that now. I want to be healthy, and for me that means lose weight, quit smoking, eat clean and exercise. Now, that isn't to say that I don't ever have a splurge, but I know what I can and can't splurge on, and I stay within my calorie, fat and carb range, I just make adjustments elsewhere. My splurges are generally what others around me consider healthy... like a rice cake with low sugar peanut butter, or a couple of light low carb beers, or a 100 calorie snack pack, or diet soda. My nephew turns 5 this weekend and we are having a big party, I'm already planning for it and know that I will have 1/3 slice of pizza, just so I'm not miserable... I'm making a cupcake tower for him, and I have resolved to having 1/2 a cupcake as well. I will increase my exercise on that day to make up for it, and I will enjoy myself without overindulging. Plus I get to be normal for a day

You really need to try to get your meals in. On most days lately, for me that means a protein shake... at least it's something. Some days, I may have 6 protein shakes and a protein and veggie at night, but I'm getting my nutrition in and it's better than NOT eating anything at all. It's hard when you are in an emotional state, but it's so important to really stay on top of things during those times because emotions are what lead many of us to overeat and get completely off track. You are doing great, and such a cutie pie... keep up the great work!!!!
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

Bronze Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by aridner46 View Post
    All you wonderful people are doing awesome!! Is it just me or what... some of you weigh like 180 and are wanting to lose weight. When I hear that someone weighs 180 I think thats a pretty small size. Is it just where I have been big the most part of my life or what?? I envy those of you who are already 180 lol
    aridner46,

You are doing an incredible job on losing!! Keep up the great work. As you stated previously you have been big most of your life, Well, That it where I am at as well, In February I weighed in at 196.2. I lost 14.2lbs on my own and got down to 182.0. I had gained back 5lbs and decieded I really needed help! I started phen on the 14th and I am happy to say that i am now 180.2. I still feel huge! I was never this big and hope to never be this big again, but then again with the genes that my family has given me......well, this will be a lifelong battle to keep the weight off! I do however feel better that I have in a very long time. My goal is to be 155-160, which is close to BMI.

Keep up the good work! We can all do this!!
    Halloween Challenge
    October 7, 2009 - 192.6

Goal Weight-157

Default Long.. but you all are SO supportive

cmarie and steph... you both look AMAZING!! It's people like you who make me realize that if I want it bad enough that YES I CAN DO IT!!! You 2 both look awesome, congrats!

crusiegirl... thanks!!!

I really feel like I need A LOT of support at this point in time. Did any of you notice when you started diet and excercise plan that after awhile it became obsessive? For 3 months I wrote down any and EVERYTHING I put in my mouth in my "journal" and I was obsessed with excercising. It was like I just could NOT stop no matter how bad I wanted too. I think that has helped me now. I am more consciour of what I put in my body and how much. I havent changed my diet completely. I still go out to eat just opt for fish or chicken, salads, rice and veggies and I ACTUALLY LOVE IT! Sometimes I think "how did I ever eat that nasty big greasy burger" !!!! I eat healthier, but if I have a craving for candy or ice cream I will have it... BUT, I limit how much I eat of it and that pretty much satisfies my craving. I am having problems now because I have been slacking off due to an emotional state of my life right now. I know its not an excuse but I think it has effected my motivation. I work 2nd shift now, and my fiance stays out of state working through the week and it is just more convenient for me to eat cereal or nothing at all. And alot of days I will skip breakfast, lunch and snacks. BUT I am trying to get back on track this week. I asked my doc to up my doasge to 37.5 and she didnt have a problem with it, but my bp HAS COME DOWN GREATLY so she cut my med in half and wanted to see how it does on the 30 with the lower bp med dosge. So hopefully next month she will up it. How long are you allowed to be on phen? I heard you can only take it for 6 months, and after your first 3 months they take you off a month. Is that true??

I think it is all a matter of what your comfort level is and what you are accustomed to. I am "normally" a size 6, which may sound small to some folks, but because I am tall (5'10) my weight at that size would still what I consider to be on the "high" end (about 145-150).

I also have a small frame and while 150 may make some people my size look really thin, that is not the case for me. Every single ounce that I carry shows. I have a sister that at 5'11 and 180lbs looks awesome, me, I would still look dumpy.

We are not here to judge one another, we're all in the same boat, struggling to get to whatever number would make us personally happy. I have the same amount of respect and admiration for a person who is 150 and struggling as I have for a person who is 250 and struggling, because I have been in both places.

Only you can determine what your ideal goal weight will be, and you will know it when you get there. Good luck.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by cmr2811 View Post
    Some of the people that do weight 180 were at one time in the 200's and more. That some of them. Good luck on your weight loss. I am where you are and going were your going. You carry your weight very good. You do not not look 239. So just keep it going.

Crystal
    That was me. I started my journey at 228.5 (actually started at 264 but THIS journey at 228.5). If you had told me November that I would be in the 180s I would have scoffed! Just think, before you finish, you'll be the person that someone new to phen will look to as a small size. I guess everything has it's perspective. I still have almost 40 to go, so even if I'm in the 180s, I still feel like I'm a big girl.

Good luck on your weight loss.

SW 11/28/07 228.5

Last 5 Weigh-Ins
    CW 9/9/08 186.0
    CW 10/8/08 182.5
    CW 11/4/08 182.0
    CW 12/2/08 186.0 no phen for a month
    CW 12/30/08 184.5
    GW 150

Mini Goal # 1 199 REACHED!!!!
    Mini Goal #2 189 REACHED!!!
    Mini Goal #3 179

Quote Originally Posted by Cmarie123 View Post
    Hello! This is a very supportive place! As for the weight issues, it all depends on your height. While I may weigh 179.6, I am still "clinically obese" for my height! There are some people on here that are in the 130's. We are all struggling to lose and/or maintain the weight we are at. I wish I was in the 140's, so don't feel bad. Most of us wish we were at a lower weight than we are currently at.

I know what you mean. I found out last week that I was 2 BMI points away from what they call Stage 3 Obese, which is when they would approve me for gastric bypass. It was hard to hear, and nobody in my family could believe it, I couldn't believe it, I'm under 200 lbs... but that's what the dr and the charts say. So being at that BMI, I know more than anything it's not healthy, and that is what it is all about. I know people that are bigger than me size wise, and they aren't in that category.

Aridner, you are a cutie NOW and NOT a fat *****, I think you will look just marvelous at 180!! You are doing the right thing, you are setting goals for yourself and not based on what others are doing... you know where you will be comfortable and chances are you will be able to stick to it because you aren't doing something drastic. Good luck!!!!
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs

Hello! This is a very supportive place! As for the weight issues, it all depends on your height. While I may weigh 179.6, I am still "clinically obese" for my height! There are some people on here that are in the 130's. We are all struggling to lose and/or maintain the weight we are at. I wish I was in the 140's, so don't feel bad. Most of us wish we were at a lower weight than we are currently at.
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

When I was married in 99 I weighed 118 and that was kinda too thin for me, from what my family says. I have a very small frame so two kids later and almost 9 years of what I like to call happy weight came on slow and steady. I have always bounced with my weight since high school, up 50 down 30...For me, I look big at 180 and feel unhealthy cause I can't do the things I use to do.... I use to be able to run up a flight of steps and not get winded, I just want to get to a place where I can find an outfit where I'm not second guessing myself about how my butt and legs look. I have not worn shorts in over 4 years. It's fustrating knowing what size I use to be and what size I am now. ( on that note, cloths makers all have different size charts, a size 6 ten years ago is like a size 4 now by the same cloths makers, its a marketing ploy cause they think women are stupid, you will buy their brand if you are in a size smaller)
    Anyway... I think everyone has their own personal comfort zone so one persons 180 is another girls 130. Don't try to compare yourself to everyone else, you have to get to a place where you feel you are at your best.

Post-Pregnancy Weight 215 on 5/5/08
    SW 189 : 7/1/08 - Started Phen
    CW 175 : 7/31/08
    CW 167 : 9/5/08
    CW 164 : 9/30/08
    CW 160 : 11/10/08
    BREAK FROM PHEN 12/1/08 - 1/4/09
    CW 160 : 1/8/09

Mini Goal : #1 Lose 10lbs in a month of July (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #2 165 by 9/19/08 (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #3 160 by 11/10/08 (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #4 155 by 1/30/09
    Goal 125

(NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!)

Some of the people that do weight 180 were at one time in the 200's and more. That some of them. Good luck on your weight loss. I am where you are and going were your going. You carry your weight very good. You do not not look 239. So just keep it going.

Crystal

That is awesome band mama!! 68lbs is a lot of weight to lose and I admire the dedication and willingness you have. I cant even remember the last time I was under 200lbs! I am 5'3, and right now I would love to get down to 180 and be satisfied. Makes me wonder if yall will still think Im a fat a s s then haha!

Height and bone structure can make a big difference in how you look and how much you weigh. Yes, my 162 may sound low, but I started at 231. Additionally, think in terms of percentage of weight. At 230 pounds, 20 pounds is roughly 20-23% (very tired, excuse the poor math). At 180, 20 pounds is roughly 36%. Big difference!
    Weight loss happens faster the more you weigh, too. I've been stuck in the 165-162 range since Spring. It's very frustrating! It is not like it was in the beginning when I could lose these 15-20 lbs. in a month or two. In the end, it's all the same boat whether one end is heavier than the other or not.

Quote Originally Posted by momkat View Post
    Yes it also depends on what you're used to. Up until getting pregnant the first time I was around a size 6, sometimes smaller. I don't have much of a waist or chest. I think I gain weight pretty evenly, but my body shape is such that I'm smaller on top and bigger on bottom. The very top of my thighs, my thighs, my calves, and my ankles are just bigger...so when I'm happy with the bottom, some people think I look 'too skinny'. I think they must only see my loooooong face structure. I'm at 161 right now and exercising, but not a ton, and I'm still in a 14!!

I agree. Also height is important. 180 on someone who is 5 feet will look different then someone who is 6 feet. Also, most doctors (I hope) know their patients and are watching carefully. My doctor has a monthly log of what I've eaten and how much I exercise. In fact, he requested a log from me before he would prescribe Phen.
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Quote Originally Posted by momkat View Post
    Yes it also depends on what you're used to. Up until getting pregnant the first time I was around a size 6, sometimes smaller. I don't have much of a waist or chest. I think I gain weight pretty evenly, but my body shape is such that I'm smaller on top and bigger on bottom. The very top of my thighs, my thighs, my calves, and my ankles are just bigger...so when I'm happy with the bottom, some people think I look 'too skinny'. I think they must only see my loooooong face structure. I'm at 161 right now and exercising, but not a ton, and I'm still in a 14!!

See, that is how different everyone is. I'm 192 and I'm a 14.. we all have such different body structures and one weight on one person will look different on another. When I'm at 150, I'm typically a size 8. One of my best friends is a size 8 and she weighs 135. I think the key is finding the size that is healthy, you are happy with, and can maintain.
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs

Started Phen 7/2/08
    SW: 177
    Height: 5'5"

8/6/08
    8/13/08
    8/20/08
    8/27/08
    9/3/08
    1st Goal: 164 by August 1st (-10lbs in 4 weeeks) MET! 7/19/08
    2nd Goal: 149 by September 28rd (-15lbs)
    GW: 135 by Christmas 2008

I guess it really depends on you body type also your height. The way you feel about 180 is how I feel about those who are 140 trying to lose over 10 pounds. My SIL look totally different at same weight. Hate her cause she is the one who looks better I carry all my weight in the middle and have a very very short torso so I look good at 140-150 I look GREAT at 130-135
    SW 5/24 188.8 started Phen
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/6 180 week 2 (179 @home)
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2
    7/31 172 WTH Start 37.7 tomorrow
    Avatar is me @ my wedding in 2001

I think it is what you are used to, and your comfort level. I feel like I am in someone else's body. I realize now, although I didn't then, that I really was always pretty thin... or at least healthy. Of course back then, when I was 140, I thought I was fat and did whatever I could to lose weight, and would drop to a low weight, and gain, lose, and gain... which led to my yo yo dieting, led to PCOS and led to gaining more than 60 pounds in a little over a year. I envy people that are happy in their skin regardless of their size, I WISH I could be, but I don't even recognize myself anymore. I am short, which just makes it worse. I have different goals than I did 10 years ago... I just want to be healthy now. My weight has caused me a slew of health problems, and I just want to get the weight off and feel like me again. My dr wants me at 125 but the best I felt physically, and also the healthiest I think I looked was 140... heck, I'd settle for 150. If I wasn't so short, 180 would probably be fine for me... but right now, I'm just round.

You are precious and definitely don't look your weight at all... You have done an amazing job!!
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs

We'll be there soon enough, don't worry. And we will be smokin'! haha. To me, I don't think I look much different at 180 than I did at 227...so idk. It's the people who are like 140 that worry me...
    HW 227
    SW 221

6/14 221
    6/21 218
    6/28 213
    7/5 212
    7/12 210
    7/19 209.2
    7/26 210.6 (no phen ten days)
    8/1 207.0 (back on phen 7/29)
    8/8 204.6
    8/15 202
    8/22 200.2
    8/29 200.2
    9/5 198.4
    9/12 195.3
    10/3 195 (stuck-phen break for me!)
    10/10 194
    10/31 191.4
    11/14 192 (still no phen)
    12/19 190

First mini-goal 200 (MET)
    Second mini-goal 180

I'm only 5' 1" so I'm 'supposed' to weigh around 125lbs for my height. LMAO...cause I don't remember ever being 125lbs. 180lbs would be nice right now...h*ll being out of the 190s would be nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast