How do you respond when...
    Photos
    View albums

I agree with the others!!! The only person I have told was my Husband, who would not tell anyone!!!!!
    SW-268 (5-16-08)
    (5-26) 263
    (8-11) 234

1st MINI GOAL=========>230

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I have told a few people. Some I wish I hadn't now. But if I know someone and know that they have struggled with their weight then I tell them. If it hadn't been for my friend telling me, I would have never known about Phen.
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Photos
    View albums

I'm with greenapplegirl.....LOL
    the reason i am with her is because i am sooo sick of people talking to me about my weight that that would be the perfect response. But i am all talk no action.
    I usually just tell people i am losing weight because i am watching what i am eating

Mother to a one year old active boy

MAY
    2nd- 194 lbs started PHEN
    9th- 188 lbs
    25th- 186 lbs
    JUNE
    13th- 186 lbs
    20th- 182 lbs

Photos
    View albums

I'm with Raquel on this one. I make a point of setting the example with the food and particularly with the exercise. It's very easy to stop questions when you can say, "I rode my bike 44 miles this weekend, you should join me sometime!" Not another question is asked. Phen isn't why I rode my bike that far!

I do know that I need to let people know who are close to me. Especially because I cry at the drop of a hat, am grumpier than usual, etc. I wish I wasn't, but it really freaks people out who know me well, so I find myself explaining it to people after an outburst sometimes. Honestly, that's sometimes the best time to explain it to them, because then they realize that this isn't a magic pill and that it's not always easy! Especially because I hate being emotional!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Photos
    View albums

Granted I only took phen for 1 month, and lost the other weight on my own, but I didnt think it was anyones business (I am typically a very private person). So I just told them I was eating better exercising more and counting calories.....
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

So with all that being said ... in addition to just keeping your business your business and sticking with the diet and exercise tidbit

I go one step further and walk the walk. I make sure they see me - eat smaller portions, pass on 2nds. etc. I've even gone so far as to say "Sorry I missed your call, I was walking my treadmill and didn't hear the phone"
    so people get the idea - oh... Less Food ... Exercise .. no wonder she is losing weight.

Hope this helps.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

I have not told anyone but one friend. I started to tell a friend that is over weight and she is a drassistant, and she started to tell me all the bad stuff about weight pills. So I deceided that only my one friend that has took it before with me needs to know. hubby would just try to convince me not to take it. He seems to want me to stay big. Every time I find something like a gym or an exercise class he makes it impossble for me to go.

Any ways to much info. I would say its from all the sex.
    crystal

Photos
    View albums

I just say diet and exercise.

Photos
    View albums

If you decide to tell someone (and personally I feel at least one person you trust should know in case of emergency), dip your toe in the water. Don't jump in full force. I hate that I have to do this because it can feel like I am hiding something and hiding stuff makes me feel like I am doing something wrong.
    If you go slowly, you can gauge reactions and decide if this is information that will be "acceptable" to those you care about. If not, calorie counting and exercise isn't a lie. YOU are the one that is doing the work. Fifteen seconds to take one pill does not make you lose weight. It's what you do with the rest of the day that does that. After all, you could take the pill and decide to still eat the same and not exercise.
    It's your choice. Do what you are most comfortable doing. Some people can handle the criticism without it throwing them off track, other people can't. You know yourself better than we do. I keep a copy of an email that I will send to others if I feel they are sincere about wanting to know. Phen is mentioned briefly and everything else I have learned take up the other 10 or so paragraphs. I want them to know it's not just the pill-it's me working on everything else every day that make the real difference. Phen is simply a tool I use to help me gain control so I can use this time to truly change my poor eating, exercise, and mental habits. For those who are looking for a quick fix to lose weight, I tell them calorie counting and exercise. You can see the disappointment in their faces that I did not find some miracle that thousands of people much smarter than I am haven't figured out.

Photos
    View albums

I'm with Greenapple, I don't care who knows. When they tell me I'm on speed I say "Yep, and it's legal" or "AND I DON'T SHARE...jealous??" But now that they can tell I'm losing weight and I'm not flipping out on them they think it's cool.
    Wearing these white jeans today...12/28/09..but man are they TIGHT!!

Photos
    View albums

Only a few people that I am VERY close to know about the phen. I started lossing weight in October '07, and started phen in July this year. I tell people that I'm eating better, working out...and not drinking any calories (RE: soft drinks).

And even though I'm doing this completely and totally for myself...everyone assumes that I'm doing it for my boyfriend, since it started becoming noticeable when we started dating.

Photos
    View albums

Nobody ever asks me. My family just tells me that I need to eat more(especially at family dinners) or that I'm losing too much weight. If you don't feel comfortable telling people, then I wouldn't.

Photos
    View albums

I don't care who knows I am on Phen. When I am asked I tell them, I am on Phen cause I needed something to help control my hunger. With Phen I am able to eat like a normal healthy person and I exercise therefor I 18 pounds down.
    Last edited by jenstarns; July 27th, 2008 at 10:47 PM.
    SW 5/24 188.8 started Phen
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/6 180 week 2 (179 @home)
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2
    7/31 172 WTH Start 37.7 tomorrow
    Avatar is me @ my wedding in 2001

Photos
    View albums

I wouldn't share the fact that it was Phen with anyone that I wasn't close to. So many people are judgmental of medications.
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I think it depends on your comfort level. I'm very close to my family, we have a business together... they know about my struggles, they are my support and I couldn't do it without them. I have a couple of close friends that know for the same reason. I also want them to know just in case anything ever happens, they will know what medications I am on. I really think it depends on how much info you want them to have. Most people, I don't care for them to know that I'm on phen much less going to a weight loss clinic!!!

Photos
    View albums

Well I haven't lost enough for anyone to tell, but nobody besides my husband knows I am taking phen. Everyone else just thinks I am watching what I eat and trying to exercise more.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsTmMh6/]

mini goals:
    180-met
    165-met

Photos
    View albums

I would say the same thing. "I'm watching waht I eat and I exercise more" There are a lot of Phen haters out there and half of them are probably not even worth your time and energy involved to explain that Phen is NOT Phen-Fen and that it is no miracle pill. I would however share with close friends and fam.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

Photos
    View albums
    Blog Entries

I have lost weight for the first time in my life so everyone is asking me how...at first I felt a little guilty...like I was cheating or something then I saw my friend gobble down a double quarter pounder while I ate a salad and I was like cheating no way I am working at losing this fat butt too....lol so now I just tell everyone it is from sex...the more sex you have the more you will lose...they either laugh or so your funny but they never seem to ask me again.....try it and see what you get for a reaction and loooooootttsss of luck to you!!!

Photos
    View albums

i'm with bronzy. its ur life & ur decisions, and u dont need anyone judging wut u are doing. congrats on ur weight loss
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Seturah7 View Post
    Hello All,

I have loss about 25 pounds on phen. However, I am getting so many questions from family, friends and co-workers about what I am doing to get so "thin."

I don't mind telling my close family and friends but not everyone.

How do you respond....

Thanks

Tell them you are just burning sooo many calories from have sex 5 times a day now..haha. JK

I didn't care who knew I was on phen..but i understand how some people do react to it. If it is one of your friends who is having a hard time losing weight..i would def tell them so that they could benefit from it too.

Anyways..congrats on the loss
    Started Phen: 4/22/14 SW: 214.2

Photos
    View albums

Default Take it from me

I made the BIG mistake of telling a new Mom I live down the street from that I was going to go to a diet Dr. and he was going to give it to me....she in turn told another neighbor who is a nurse about it, they both freaked out on me that I could die and stroke out on it, that its like taking meth..or speed... blad, blah, blah... Anyway, I lied to them and said I decided not to take it and I was taking Alli instead, cause I didn't feel like hearing it. I'm a grown woman and I have several friends who take Phen and I asked them a million questions first before I saw the Dr. I know they ment well, but I just didn't want to hear it every time I see them. Its up to you if you feel like telling them, but I would think long and hard first...

Post-Pregnancy Weight 215 on 5/5/08
    SW 189 : 7/1/08 - Started Phen
    CW 175 : 7/31/08
    CW 167 : 9/5/08
    CW 164 : 9/30/08
    CW 160 : 11/10/08
    BREAK FROM PHEN 12/1/08 - 1/4/09
    CW 160 : 1/8/09

Mini Goal : #1 Lose 10lbs in a month of July (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #2 165 by 9/19/08 (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #3 160 by 11/10/08 (GOAL MET)
    Mini Goal : #4 155 by 1/30/09
    Goal 125

(NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!)

Photos
    View albums

I do the same thing because I don't want to go into details with some people. I just say "I've been eating less and exercising" and they don't ask anymore questions.

BronzyBella

I agree...I would say the same thing. People don't need to know about you being on Phen. If you tell these people...trust me...you will regret it. Because "diet pills" have a negative stigma. Just tell them everything your doing, excluding Phen.

Banned
    Photos
    View albums

Say that you have just been eating less & watching what you have been eating
    I think that's probably what I would say.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default How do you respond when...

Hello All,

I have loss about 25 pounds on phen. However, I am getting so many questions from family, friends and co-workers about what I am doing to get so "thin."

I don't mind telling my close family and friends but not everyone.

How do you respond....

Thanks