DIZZY & TREMORS ON PHEN???

No, but I've never seen anyone admit to eating less than 500 calories a day, either. That is just wrong. Makes me think of poor Karen Carpenter.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Quote Originally Posted by Nursy Lori View Post
    Crash dieting is an extremely dangerous way to go about losing weight, and can lead to yo-yo dieting and a number of serious health problems. So before you decide to plunge into a crash diet, here are some facts that you need to know.

What is a Crash Diet?
    A crash diet is one of the most restrictive types of weight loss plans that you can follow. It involves drastically cutting back on the amount of calories and fat that you take in on a daily basis.

What are the Health Risks of Crash Diets
    Crash diets aren't only a poor way of losing weight and maintaining healthy weight loss, but they are also very dangerous for your body. There are both short-term and long-term health effects that you could experience by following a strict crash diet.

Mental Health Problems
    Crash diets are extremely hard on your overall mental and emotional health. Not only do crash diets cause extreme food cravings, but they can also wreak havoc with your mood: you may find yourself feeling more irritable or depressed than usual when you are on a crash diet. Crash diets can also set people up for serious mental health disorders, particularly eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia.

Nutritional Deficiency
    Low calorie diets tend to be very restrictive, and you will find that you will be unable to eat healthy foods. In fact, long-term crash dieting can result in serious nutritional deficiencies, as a result of eating a poor variety of foods. In particular, crash dieters are putting themselves at risk for:

iron deficiency anemia
    vitamin B12 deficiency
    potassium and sodium deficiency

Potassium and sodium deficiency is particularly dangerous. These electrolytes are used by your body to ensure proper nerve and muscle function. They play a particularly important role in regulating the way that your heart beats. If potassium and sodium levels become low enough, you could suffer from a heart attack.

Vital Organ Damage
    Crash diets are extremely dangerous for your vital organs, including your heart, kidneys, liver, and brain. In order to perform their daily functions, your vital organs rely on energy from your carbohydrate intake. During strict crash diets, carbohydrate and calorie intake is so low, that your organs cannot get enough energy from these sources. As a result, your organs begin to burn muscle tissue in order to get adequate amounts of energy to perform vital functions. If your calorie intake becomes low enough, your body will even begin to burn the muscle tissue that makes up your actual organs in order to provide your brain with sufficient energy to function. This can result in serious health problems, including:

liver failure
    kidney failure
    heart attack
    stroke

Osteoporosis
    Long-term crash dieters frequently suffer from osteoporosis, a disease that causes the bones in your body to become extremely brittle. This is because fast crash diets severely limit your intake of calcium. As a result, calcium begins to leach out of the bones in your body, leaving them particularly fragile. Many crash dieters suffer broken bones, particularly hips and wrists, as a result of their osteoporosis.
    Have you started a thread on this? If not, YOU NEED TO! What wonderful information!!!!!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

I had some dizziness with Phen in the beginning. I would definitely check with your doctor about the tremors. That doesn't sound right.
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Default Glad i found this site

this is good advice ladies. I'm glad i found this site. I'll help keep me motivated.

Crash dieting is an extremely dangerous way to go about losing weight, and can lead to yo-yo dieting and a number of serious health problems. So before you decide to plunge into a crash diet, here are some facts that you need to know.

What is a Crash Diet?
    A crash diet is one of the most restrictive types of weight loss plans that you can follow. It involves drastically cutting back on the amount of calories and fat that you take in on a daily basis.

What are the Health Risks of Crash Diets
    Crash diets aren't only a poor way of losing weight and maintaining healthy weight loss, but they are also very dangerous for your body. There are both short-term and long-term health effects that you could experience by following a strict crash diet.

Mental Health Problems
    Crash diets are extremely hard on your overall mental and emotional health. Not only do crash diets cause extreme food cravings, but they can also wreak havoc with your mood: you may find yourself feeling more irritable or depressed than usual when you are on a crash diet. Crash diets can also set people up for serious mental health disorders, particularly eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia.

Nutritional Deficiency
    Low calorie diets tend to be very restrictive, and you will find that you will be unable to eat healthy foods. In fact, long-term crash dieting can result in serious nutritional deficiencies, as a result of eating a poor variety of foods. In particular, crash dieters are putting themselves at risk for:

iron deficiency anemia
    vitamin B12 deficiency
    potassium and sodium deficiency

Potassium and sodium deficiency is particularly dangerous. These electrolytes are used by your body to ensure proper nerve and muscle function. They play a particularly important role in regulating the way that your heart beats. If potassium and sodium levels become low enough, you could suffer from a heart attack.

Vital Organ Damage
    Crash diets are extremely dangerous for your vital organs, including your heart, kidneys, liver, and brain. In order to perform their daily functions, your vital organs rely on energy from your carbohydrate intake. During strict crash diets, carbohydrate and calorie intake is so low, that your organs cannot get enough energy from these sources. As a result, your organs begin to burn muscle tissue in order to get adequate amounts of energy to perform vital functions. If your calorie intake becomes low enough, your body will even begin to burn the muscle tissue that makes up your actual organs in order to provide your brain with sufficient energy to function. This can result in serious health problems, including:

liver failure
    kidney failure
    heart attack
    stroke

Osteoporosis
    Long-term crash dieters frequently suffer from osteoporosis, a disease that causes the bones in your body to become extremely brittle. This is because fast crash diets severely limit your intake of calcium. As a result, calcium begins to leach out of the bones in your body, leaving them particularly fragile. Many crash dieters suffer broken bones, particularly hips and wrists, as a result of their osteoporosis.

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar

If you are only upping your cals to 800, you need to back off on the exercise. You are 6'0 tall, 800 cals isn't nearly enough, add in that much exercise and you are still only hurting yourself. I have hinted at this, but I'm going to say it... all signs point to eating disorder. You really need to talk to someone, if not your doctor, someone. You are wreaking havoc on your body, and while you may experience weight loss, it's only going to come back because you are losing it in the most unhealthy way possible. You certainly shouldn't be on Phentermine in my opinion, it's a recipe for disaster... between what your low calorie/high exercise will do to your heart, combined with Phen... so dangerous. 800 calories is still too low unless you are on a medically supervised diet where you are going in and getting your BP and bloodwork checked often. I have read this thread again and seen so many people worry about you and give you advice... but I really don't think you quite get it You would lose weight in a healthy manner, and be able to keep it off easier, if you increased your calories to a healthy level. I would see a nutritionist and get put on a healthy eating plan. I wish you luck, but I really am scared for you.
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

Well for protein and extra calories maybe you should try some peanut butter or almond butter and wheat crackers.
    1/30 - 200lbs
    2/1 - 190lbs (yes that fast!!)
    2/4 - 187lbs

800 cal is a helluva lot better than 150, however you really shouldn't go below 1000 calories especially since you're exercising about 1.5 hrs per day. With the amount of time you spend exercising your body could probably afford an extra 300 calories a day But........babysteps, one thing at a time . Get your body reintroduced to eating 800 cal a day then increase to 1000 per day, next 1100 and so on... Oh and try to drink at least 1/2 your body weight in water, which your already almost up to at 90 oz per day.

Good luck, keep us updated

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

Phen Newbie

thx. i decided to increase my calorie intake to at least 800 total calories...by adding a cup of oatmeal with fresh chopped strawberries...a cup of oatmeal is 300 calories and about 6grams of fat... on top of drinking at least 90 oz. of water daily..I work out 11 hours a week...and I take a multivitamin...and I may add a protein shake...which is 130 cal and 25g of protein.... oh yeah I am a Black female 6'0 205lbs....and i am 24 yoa....okay, do u think this will help me at all...or do I need to increase my calorie intake more...please let me know and thank u all for ur needed advice...

Please go online and find a free bmr/bmi calculator. You put in your weight and height and it tells you how many calories you should eat to stay the same weight. To lose weight, subtract 500 calories from that number. These numbers will be rough so don't drive yourself crazy with exact amounts. I punched some numbers into a BMI calculator using your height and weight, said you were a moderately active 30 year old male (I have not idea about that part so I'm sorry if I'm way off) and came up with 2670 needed per day to maintain your weight. As you can see, even if you decide you want to try to hurry the weight loss process along and cut 1,000 calories per day, that would still be 1670 calories- a long way from what you are eating!
    You really do need more calories and nutrients to keep your body functioning properly. If you still have issues with dizziness and tremors, make sure you are drinking enough water too. However, ANY time you have a seizure or the dizziness and/or tremors are severe, you should call your doctor.
    You can eat healthy and vegetarian foods in decent amounts and still lose weight. Trust me, it's okay to eat. It may help if you think of it like this: "I want to lose this weight forever, not just for right now." By consuming so little you are setting your body up to over-ride your will power. It will rebel and you WILL find yourself standing in front of the fridge inhaling everything in sight because your body will take over to save itself. Doing this repeatedly sets you up for another eating disorder: binging.
    You can do this! You can get to your goal and feel good along the way!

I'm sorry your feeling so bad, I hope you begin to feel better. But I must say.......
    150-500 cal??? That's enough to land you in the ER for malnutrition, not even factoring in the Phentermine! Your body NEEDS food to function, once you go dangerously below your daily needs, all sorts of crazy things happen, you brain even begins to function differently, which is prob why you're feeling so dizzy. Sort of like trying to drive a car low on fuel........you get all kinds of WARNING signals and lights before it conks out on you.
    Please take our advise and increase your daily calories. Believe me you will feel alot better
    As far your being Vegan, there are plenty of calorie/nutrient/protein dense foods out there that are meat/dairy free. You can load up on bean, nuts etc......

Anyway the moral of this story is EAT or your body will EAT you

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

Quote Originally Posted by luozar View Post
    thx loves_myHusband, i have not had the severe tremor or possible seizure since that 1 I had last week....as far as the dizziness...not as much....so overall thank God it's getting better...I do plan to possibly up my calorie intake just a little...i didnt thank the dizziness and stuff was coming from my calorie intake...I always say I hav enough of stored boodyfat so I should be fine....If i have another tremor or whatever i will go see a dr for some testing...thanks for the support everyone...be safe...Peace!!!
    I would feel much better if you weren't using the words "possibly up my calorie intake"... we are not kidding, you are playing with your life. Your body cannot thrive for very long on what you are doing, and you have no idea what kind of damage you are doing. There are plenty of vegan things you can eat. I don't think you need testing, you need food. It sounds like you may be on the verge of an eating disorder. You should talk to your doctor and let her know how much you have been eating. Have you taken your blood pressure recently? Is it low? That can also cause the dizziness, and it could be due to a sodium deficiency (as well as potassium)
    ~2/13/08-7/24/08- Lost 17 lbs on my own
    ~7/25/08- Started Phen and lipo shots -196 lbs
    ~8/1/08- 189.1 lbs
    ~8/7/08- 187.5 lbs
    ~8/15/08- 184.5 lbs
    ~8/21/08- 179.3 lbs (16.7 first month)
    ~8/28/08- 176 lbs
    ~9/13/08- 173.2 lbs
    ~12/4/08- 173 lbs... doomed to always be 173

Phen Newbie

thx loves_myHusband, i have not had the severe tremor or possible seizure since that 1 I had last week....as far as the dizziness...not as much....so overall thank God it's getting better...I do plan to possibly up my calorie intake just a little...i didnt thank the dizziness and stuff was coming from my calorie intake...I always say I hav enough of stored boodyfat so I should be fine....If i have another tremor or whatever i will go see a dr for some testing...thanks for the support everyone...be safe...Peace!!!

Bronze Phenster loves_my_husband's Avatar

congrats on the 26 pounds.. is evyerthing gettin better now?

Quote Originally Posted by ladydee View Post
    140-500 calories a day!! no wonder u are having tremorsand dizziness. It's a blessing sweety that u have enough energy to stand up let alone do exercises. My dr told me to eat any where from 1200-1500 calories a day. Are you taking any vitamins?

Your body needs food to function and I don't think your are giving it enough. Anyone else think this???
    I totally agree.

It's good that u r loosing weight but there is a healthier way to do it..
    Most doctors do run out of the room after staying a few short minutes. But in your case I suggest you take control after all it is your time and your dime.

Let your dr know that you have some concerns/questions about your health and that u need answers.
    Now if the dr still blows u off, then it's time to find another dr before u end up in the hospital or worse.
    I don't mean to scare u but this is serious.

I do hope u take the advise these ladies have given, I'm a little worried about you.

Please keep me updated
    [SIGPIC]

SW (243lbs) 9/16/09 ([SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sw 243lbs
    mini goal 200lbs

starting over from 2008 lost a total of 22lbs begining weight was 266lbs back then.

Taebo 8minute workout in the morning
    Taebo boot camp in the evening
    1mile treadmill walk daily

Phen Newbie

Thank u all for ur responses...well...I am a vegan...I have been a vegetarian most of my life...yet, obesity didn't care...because i hav always been the fat kid...I am Deputy Sheriff TR and I hav to lose this weight...oh someone mentioned what was I eating that only had 140 calories...I eat 2 Boca vegan patties...covered in lemon pepper mrs.dash...each patty is 70cal... and 13g of protein...i also take a multivitamin every night...i thought by doing that I would be okay... cruisegirl1023...i'm not epiletic..but I probably did hav a seizure....I almost went to the ER for CT scan to find out....some days i might hav the patties after i work out...and early morning hours I snack on strawberries...some times a pint in one day...SB are high in Vita C and low in carbs and sugar...idk..i really want to lose this weight...but I rather die in the line of duty as opose to in the line of poor dieting...hey i'm not planning my funeral...someone said that i'm killing myself so I thought i would let u guyz knw...I LOVE LIFE keep the advice coming..it's helping me...thx be safe
    Last edited by luozar; July 27th, 2008 at 08:00 PM.

Are you willing to pay the ultimate price to reach your goal weight? If so, keep doing what you are doing. As mentioned, even for the most obese, the recommended calorie intake is 800 cals, and that is under the most strict of doctors care. Did you tell your doctor how many cals you are eating? You are 6'0 tall and weigh 200 lbs... you'll kill yourself if you keep going like you are. The dizziness and tremors are certainly because of your low calories, and it very well could have been a seizure. Your blood sugar is probably out of control and you are wrecking your body. This is the most unhealthy way to lose weight possible and it is also the kind of weight loss that comes back the quickest. You should probably take a break from the phen and get your appetite back. You are severely malnourished.

I found this on the web...you should pay attention to what it says..for real!!!

Adverse effects of a Very Low Calorie Diet
    The risk of gallbladder disease is greatly increased for individuals following a VLCD.

A slowing of one's metabolism can occur as your body adapts so the brain and central nervous system, as well as other bodily systems, will cease to work optimally.

The body will break down fat, but it will also break down muscle and other lean body tissue which can be very dangerous.

An imbalance in minerals and electrolytes can occur. Osteoporosis can be another danger, especially for women as can anaemia (a lack of iron in the blood). If taken to extremes, women can find that menstruation (periods) becomes irregular or stops altogether. A lack of serotonin in the brain can lead to clinical depression. The lack of essential nutrients on a very low calorie diet leads to a deterioration in the condition of hair and nails.

Another potential side effect is constipation (depending on the fibre content of the diet).

A VLCD is likely to set-up a dangerous and damaging effect should the diet be abandoned at a later stage, which has a high tendency of happening to the most well-intentioned of people.

My starting face! My new do, 6 months later!

A very low calorie diet for obese patients and type 2 diabetes is 800 calories a day..you are risking your gall bladder by not consuming at least 800 a day...What the heck are you eating to only get 150? AIR???
    You really should add protien...you are going to get so weak that you'll be lucky to be able to get out
    of bed in the mornings...

My starting face! My new do, 6 months later!

Girl you need to eat protein to keep your blood sugar from wacking out and you also need to increase those calories a little
    1/30 - 200lbs
    2/1 - 190lbs (yes that fast!!)
    2/4 - 187lbs

Phen Newbie

yes i take a multivitamin daily...u really think its my low calorie consumption...I had gone to my dr yesterday and she literally stayed in the room with me for 45 seconds...she was so excited that i had lost 26lbs in 19 days...i feel like she kinda blew me off...i told the nurse about my dizziness and tremors...she was more interested in the fact that i had lost such much weight and 6 inches off my waist....gw is 150 but when i get to 180 i think im going to get off f the phen

140-500 calories a day!! no wonder u are having tremorsand dizziness. It's a blessing sweety that u have enough energy to stand up let alone do exercises. My dr told me to eat any where from 1200-1500 calories a day. Are you taking any vitamins?

Your body needs food to function and I don't think your are giving it enough. Anyone else think this???
    [SIGPIC]

SW (243lbs) 9/16/09 ([SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sw 243lbs
    mini goal 200lbs

starting over from 2008 lost a total of 22lbs begining weight was 266lbs back then.

Taebo 8minute workout in the morning
    Taebo boot camp in the evening
    1mile treadmill walk daily

Phen Newbie

Default DIZZY & TREMORS ON PHEN???

Hello I started taking Phen 37.5mg on July 7, 2008 I lost 26lbs within 19 days of being on phen...but not without a price...I want to reach my goal so bad to the point that I am disregarding the fact that I often hav dizziness and tremors...I thought I was having a seizure because i felt dizzy and held onto my bar the next thing I knw...i was on the floor shaking uncontrollably...it scared me..but i got myself together and prayed....and thank God I hav not had a severe tremor episode since...but the dizziness is daily,yet it has improved...I olny consume 140-500 calories daily...i exercise regularly....sorry guyz im long winded...has anyone experienced Dizziness and/or tremors...

sw 231
    current 205
    phen start date July 7,2008.
    short term goal 180 by October 10,2008
    150 by December 15,2008
    I am 6'0 female