Need some advice!! Stalled!!

Default THANK YOU!!

Thank you so much for all your input! I thought I had been eating clean except for the cheats. Added sugar is in so many things but I'm really watching my intake; I'm not doing very many sugar substitutes at all except in my yogurt because I'd rather have a little of that than of high fructose corn syrup; I'm eating either fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables; chicken once in a while; only whole grains....

I've been on phen for about 3 1/2 weeks. I can't split my pills because they're capsules full of little blue and white tiny 'beads'.

I'm actually not measuring this time...I have before but only saw a difference every 3 or so months. I just couldn't do it this time because every time I tried to start and did the first measurement I just got depressed...

Thanks also for the advice about more cals for two straight days and then about 1000...I might try that...it is scary though!!

Thanks for all your advice even if I forgot to address it specifically!!

Started Phen 7/2/08
    SW: 177
    Height: 5'5"

8/6/08
    8/13/08
    8/20/08
    8/27/08
    9/3/08
    1st Goal: 164 by August 1st (-10lbs in 4 weeeks) MET! 7/19/08
    2nd Goal: 149 by September 28rd (-15lbs)
    GW: 135 by Christmas 2008

2. Advertising
    advertising

I agree with losingweightin08 sometimes your body gets used to the same routine, so you have to shake it up bit.........that was how I broke my plateau. I ate about 1700 calories which was an extra 500 calories for 2 straight days then on the 3rd day I had about 1000 and it worked. After I broke the plaeau, I went back to my 1200 cal per day.

I still have "cheat days" once a week. Its really not cheating because my overall caloric intake remains the same in a 1 week period. For example 1200 cal per day equates to 8400 cal per week, so if I play with those numbers a bit then I get a have a big meal thats like 500-600 cal one day and just eat 100 cal less for the next few days to balance it out so that overall for the week I'm still at around 8400 cal.

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar

According to my nutritionist, a stall is when you do the same thing but the scale doesn't move for 2 months, anything less than that is your body adjusting. This is the reason I could never weigh everyday... your body fluctuates so much and most of the time it has nothing to do with what you ate or something you did wrong. It could be additional water weight, it could be muscle, any number of things. Generally if you weigh every 7 days, you get a pretty good picture even with the fluctuations. She told me that if I was going to weigh everyday, I had to promise not to get frustrated when the scale went up, so I decided I didn't want to deal with the disappointment and never weigh myself more than twice a week. Are your measurements going down? Sometimes the scales won't move but the tape will. Also, if you lost quickly in the beginning, it is most likely your body is just adjusting. You may want to try eating very clean for a week, and increasing your cardio by 10 minutes, that may get things moving again. I have a number of things that I try, including increasing cals one day, but really, the best trick, is patience. Hang in there... you have done great!! I've just started Phen (Friday) and weigh in on Thursday... I'm already nervous, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by momkat View Post
    ""how long have u been eating ur current diet? b/c also, there's a possibility that ur body is gettin relaxed to the way ur eating. sometimes it helps to have a "cheat day" every once in a while in order to shock ur body. hope that helps!""

Well, even though I've still been doing pretty good calorie wise, I have had days where I had just a little extra calories, but also plenty of extra fat, because I'd decide to have some goobers or something, which is a cheat. Some of the calories were regular day and the rest made me go a little over, like I said, but would that be counted as what you're talking about? I've been eating this way for a few weeks, but had 2 or 3 cheats. And when you say 'once in a while' what do you mean? Thanks so much!
    well some people believe u should have a weekly cheat day. but in my opinion,i think once or twice a month is sufficient.
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

How long have you been on phen? I split my tabs in half for a week then started back and that helped. I'm actually doing that again this week. The closer you get to your goal the harder it is going to be. Don't give up the scale will move again, keep up your routine and hang in there. Good Luck!!!

""how long have u been eating ur current diet? b/c also, there's a possibility that ur body is gettin relaxed to the way ur eating. sometimes it helps to have a "cheat day" every once in a while in order to shock ur body. hope that helps!""

Well, even though I've still been doing pretty good calorie wise, I have had days where I had just a little extra calories, but also plenty of extra fat, because I'd decide to have some goobers or something, which is a cheat. Some of the calories were regular day and the rest made me go a little over, like I said, but would that be counted as what you're talking about? I've been eating this way for a few weeks, but had 2 or 3 cheats. And when you say 'once in a while' what do you mean? Thanks so much!
    Started Phen 7/2/08

8/6/08
    8/13/08
    8/20/08
    8/27/08
    9/3/08

it might just be muscle. when i first started doing tae bo, sometimes i'd notice i'd gain like a pound, but im sure its just muscle..how long have u been eating ur current diet? b/c also, there's a possibility that ur body is gettin relaxed to the way ur eating. sometimes it helps to have a "cheat day" every once in a while in order to shock ur body. hope that helps!
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Question Need some advice!! Stalled!!

Okay, I know I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill and I'm sorry if that is the case. For the past several days I have not been losing and might have gained a bit. I've not been overeating, I've been eating even healthier and trying to get fiber and even taken stool softeners daily. A couple days ago I was 161.4 I think, then it was 162.something(next day), then it was 160.8 (next day), now it's 163!! It's not my tom, I haven't been exercising less and have been drinking tons of water, at least 96 oz a day. A few days ago I had to take correctol to clear out my system because of this darn constipation!! I don't think I've had a bowel movement since then. Yesterday I started a routine of a 20min tae-bo tape and then some reps on the bowflex, instead of just walking on the treadmill and 3.5 for 35 minutes. Could this just be from being 'backed up'?? Or how quickly does muscle gain show on the scale? It just hard, after dropping so fast in the beginning. Any of you who have been through this your response is welcomed! Thanks!

Oh, and I usually have shredded wheat or something as healthy for breakfast, phen two hours later. For lunch a protein smoothie or salad, fruits or yogurt or triscuit for snacks...I basically eat the same thing just switched around during the day. And please don't tell me to do low carb because I firmly believe that extreme low carb diets, while they do produce weight loss results, are not healthy. I am watching my carb intake and don't get too much.
    Started Phen 7/2/08

8/6/08
    8/13/08
    8/20/08
    8/27/08
    9/3/08