Love it...

Thread: Love it...

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by soc wkr View Post
    Okay, I probably sound dumb, but what is CLA? I have insulin resistance and take Metformin for it, do you take this CLA along with Metformin?

I took Met for a while but couldn't tolerate it and switched to cinnamon. CLA is a healthy fat (conjugated linoleic acid) Some say it helps to reduce fat and maintain muscle, but I think the dose needed is close to 4grams.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Okay, I probably sound dumb, but what is CLA? I have insulin resistance and take Metformin for it, do you take this CLA along with Metformin?

Photos
    View albums

Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your success thus far!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Platinum Phenster cruisegirl1023's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Congrats on the 17 lbs!!! That is awesome!! I am new here too, and just getting used to things, but I love the support everyone gives.

I have PCOS and insulin resistance. I have taken CLA and it really didn't do much for me, but I think you have to take a pretty high dose to see results. But I don't think it is bad for you, I think it is good to take, but ask your doctor. I take cinnamon capsules which I love, and took me from a person with serious insulin resistance to almost normal, and I went from 1 period a year, to 5 this year so far. Here is an article on the health benefits: http://thyroid.about.com/od/loseweig...a/cinnamon.htm

My doctor today told me something though about when our bodies seem to hit a wall, we don't want to exercise or eat right. It's your brain. Our brains notice that we are losing weight and things are changing and it sends a signal for you to eat, to preserve, to give up this nonsense. It's like your bodies thermostat... it's your brains natural defense to change. She said you just have to push through it. It made sense to me because I can go for a long time, gung ho and when I start seeing good results, something inside changes. But if you push through it, and keep going, hopefully things will get better!! Good luck to you!!!

Photos
    View albums

Talking Love it...

I am new to the site, but I have been on phentermine since May 31st. I have lost a total of 17 lbs as of my 2 month weigh in Wednesday. I am content with this but have come to this spot where I am just stuck. I absolutely **LOVE** reading yalls messages to one another. It is amazing that you all help each other and give the support to each other that you do! It almost brings a tear. Just reading, you all have give me the motivation to keep on going and not give up (as bad as I have wanted too). I don't know what's going on with me. The first month and part of the 2nd month I took phen I was so obsessed with dieting and excercising. It was like something had took control of me and I could NOT stop. The past few weeks I have just not been in the mood to excercise or drink enough water. I am trying to get back on track though. I am diabetic and have high blood pressure. My doc did cut my BP medication in half(!!!!!!), and my glucose level has dropped from a 8.8 to a 6.4! I can't even begin to tell you how happy that made me. I bought some CLA at wal mart and wonder if it's safe to take?? I know its supposed to drop insulin levels..... do yall think it would be safe for me to take??? Even though I do not post often you all are a TON of motivation. You guys are my inspiration!!!!! I will try to post more and get pics up tomorrow.