The bad stuff

Thread: The bad stuff

Silver Phenster

Yeah, my husband is another skinny guy who can eat anything and hardly put on any weight, makes me sick!!!! He seems to forget that I am trying to watch what I eat as he brought home a 2 liter of regular Pepsi last night!!!! I will admit that I had about a half of a glass tonight, but that was it and it did not taste that great! He also brought me home a chocolate malt and I did not touch it, just put it in the freezer and it will probably go in the trash later! So, I am proud of myself......oh, as far as side effects, I have had major constipation and hemorrhoids this week from the constipation, but they are healing and I finally had a bm after about 4-5 days of not going (although it was not a very productive bm!)

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster

I feel like if I can just get to the weight I want to be with the phen then I can maintain it I wont let myself get this way again then I can get off of the phen, I gained so much weight last year we were in the middle of a move and living with relatives and my scale was packed away...every time I go with out a scale Im not aware of my weight I know its not healthy but I way myself soooo many times a day...did I lose weight when I walked around today or how much did I gain when I ate that I know its not healthy to weigh yourself like that but i do

WOW!! You really had some hard choices. I have had the same feeling, like I don't really want it even though not long ago I would have woofed it down. I know the med helps with the cravings, I am afaid of when I stop taking it, will I still be strong and say no to temptation??

Bronze Phenster

I was in Coppell today garage saleing my husband and I do ebay he does it full time and stays home I work and do ebay stuff on the weekends...I'll try to do snacks I bought a jar of almonds for work to munch on but the almonds being dry combined with the dry mouth was not wonderful, I do love boiled eggs though and I can do string cheese, and yogurt I will try those. The first day I took the phen I had soooo much energy cleaned the house top to bottom but I think the lack of food intake is whats taking my energy away I will definitely work on that...I have been doing sooo good though my hubby brought home a toblarone chocolate bar which is irresistable he handed me a piece I looked at it and handed it right back to him... so unlike me to refuse food he ate taco bueno my fave the other day and I had none just ate my cereal and then today at lunch we had jack n the box I had one little egg roll and thats it....turning down food is a major step for me however it sounds like we eat a lot of fast food but we rarely do I think me not eating dinner is turning him to fast food instead of cooking...Ill let the skinny guy get fat it will make me feel better...JK!!

Diamond Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by Cmarie123 View Post
    You will find out that Raquel is a LIFESAVER! She will give you wonderful advice, pick you up when you are feeling down and constantly cheer you on! I don't know what we all would do without her! ((((((((HUGS Raquel)))))))
    That was nice of you to say - thank you so much. BUT you my dear are living the weight loss / healthy body DREAM. And I ALWAYS look forward to your posts.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Diamond Phenster

Default About this tid bit

Quote Originally Posted by AMANDABUFFORD View Post
    Thanks Raquel seriously I just typed in thirsty on search and nothing really came up but anywho...thank you for your input it is true that it keeps me drinking more water I dont think Ive ever drank so much in a day and I know its good for you but Im glad to know the side effects lessen I appreciate the support and thanks for the praise on my weight loss. I hardly eat anything anymore but I love it, I have always been on the over side on my weight even after going through 8 weeks of Air Force Basic Training I was still at my max weight of 138 and that was with running 3 miles a day...however I would love to be 138 again....but my point was I feel like the phen not only surpresses my appetite but it got rid of that little devil in my head that always said go ahead and eat that...or Ill just eat better tommorow or this is soooo good I must clean off my entire plate....I can now stop and say okay that was good but I really dont need anymore....But anyways Im sure you will be around and we will see each other through our progress it was nice to meet you guys and I thank you for your input if anyone else has any input on the subject please let me know..
    Phen does effect your brain - it absolutely turns off the for lack of a better word, the sensor that tells you, you are hungry.
    Your body still needs food - and the phen gives you the time to make the best choices.
    Ideally - when you are on Phen it's when you want to start making healthy habits, so when the phen is gone and that sensor clicks back on and you ARE feeling hungry, you are walking the straight path to the new healthy foods.

Follow me on that?

It's been a long day - sorry for rambling. LOL (but forewarn I do that when it's not been a long day)
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Also, the guys have it easier when it comes to shedding a few pounds. My hubby is also trim but if he packs on 5 pounds he will just cut out the oreos after dinner and poof its gone. As for the protein it will help with the hunger. Even if you add low / fat free string cheese, hard boiled egg or yogart to your dinner it may help. Another easy thing my doc said was Carnation instant breakfast (sugar free) with skim milk for a mid afternoon snack. Becareful on the not eating much part. You should eat small snacks every 3-4 hours to keep you metabolism up. Good luck!

My brother lives in Coppell. My son left this morning to go out there for 2 weeks! I thought I remembered seeing "Irvine" when I was there last.
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Bronze Phenster

Yes Irving is right outside of Dallas I drive 5 minutes do the dallas liquor store since Irving is dry to go across the line to buy my wine...very close.

Is Irving near Dallas?
    1/05/09 169

Bronze Phenster

Alright sugar free mints and water got it!!! And your right you dont want him to tell you to go on a diet but he has always been in shape no matter what he does and hes that just go to the gym or just eat less you dont need meds which is true however when you work all the time and have a 3 year old to come home to with a messy house its hard to get the energy to go to the gym after your exhausted so the phen has helped with both I even come home after working now and clean the house and do the laundry each night its been better....have I been getting enough protein?? Absolutely not I eat lunch sometimes a good lunch but mostly not much Ive been doing chicken and stuff like the doctor recommended I eat a special K bar for breakfast water water water all day if i have time or remember to I will eat some almonds throughout the day and for dinner I have a bowl of mini wheats.....Im never really hungry but late at night and I like eating as little as possible since Im not hungry and losing as much weight as I possibly can....anyways I have began to run on and on and I apologize....I will stop now with my all about me therapy session....Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by AMANDABUFFORD View Post
    Thanks Raquel seriously I just typed in thirsty on search and nothing really came up but anywho...thank you for your input it is true that it keeps me drinking more water I dont think Ive ever drank so much in a day and I know its good for you but Im glad to know the side effects lessen I appreciate the support and thanks for the praise on my weight loss. I hardly eat anything anymore but I love it, I have always been on the over side on my weight even after going through 8 weeks of Air Force Basic Training I was still at my max weight of 138 and that was with running 3 miles a day...however I would love to be 138 again....but my point was I feel like the phen not only surpresses my appetite but it got rid of that little devil in my head that always said go ahead and eat that...or Ill just eat better tommorow or this is soooo good I must clean off my entire plate....I can now stop and say okay that was good but I really dont need anymore....But anyways Im sure you will be around and we will see each other through our progress it was nice to meet you guys and I thank you for your input if anyone else has any input on the subject please let me know..
    You will find out that Raquel is a LIFESAVER! She will give you wonderful advice, pick you up when you are feeling down and constantly cheer you on! I don't know what we all would do without her! ((((((((HUGS Raquel)))))))
    1/05/09 169

Bronze Phenster

Yeah, the dry mouth is awful. I still have it after 3 months, but not as bad. I also use sugar free mints and plenty of water. As far as the hunger at the end of the day, are you eating enough protein at supper? Some people on the board split the tab in half and take the second half in the afternoon. Hang in there this is your first week and your body needs to adjust to the med. Give it another week or so and see how you feel. Great job on the weight loss! Your heading in the right direction. I know how you feel about what your hubby says, mine is the same. But your right we are doing this for ourselves. Plus would we really want them telling us "yeah you should go on a diet!!"

Diamond Phenster

Dear Amanda ...

for real - there are a zillion post about side effects.

But I will just state how I feel on this drug. I feel moody. Mostly dang happy - but there are times when I'm moody.
    The dry mouth to me is a blessing, it keeps my aware of the amount of water I'm consuming and that's always a plus.
    If I didn't take a sleeping pill at night, Phen would also - keep me awake.
    Constipation - and that comes and goes. (no pun intended)

Other than those, I feel I am fortunate compared to what others have experienced using Phen. Seems like most people hang in there and their side effects lessen with time or they adjust.

Best of luck to you - your loss in a week is GREAT! Keep up the good work.
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Bronze Phenster

Thank you sooo much for giving me hope of a less thirstful skinny life!!! Congrats on your weight loss you look like your doing great...;.do you have any other tricks for success on the phen?

I had really bad dry mouth in the beginning too. There is a mouthwash "Oasis" that helps a great deal. It helps to replenish moisture to your mouth. I also kept sugar free mints in my purse at all times. ****ing on them helped to keep my mouth moist, when I wasn't drinking gallons of water. I promise the dry mouth won't last forever. I think I had it for about 2 weeks. Be patient!!
    1/05/09 169

Bronze Phenster

Default The bad stuff

So I have looked at all the forums and all the weight loss that is going on with everyone however I have seen very little questions about side effects and how phen is effecting everyone. Although I do have a few gripes.... I would take the bad stuff to be skinny....Anywho here goes....I am so THIRSTY all the time!!! I drink and drink and drink water and cant get enough Im drinking like 9 bottles of ozarka water a day.... My mouth is so dry and so are my lips they feel like rubber....I licked my finger at work the other day to separate a paper and my tongue was sooo dry that it didn't even give me enough moisture to turn the page...Also I could be coming down with something because my 3 year old has had a runny nose lately but I feel like it is just hard to get a good deep breath of air into my lungs....also by the end of the day when the pills have worn off I get sooo hungry that I have to make myself go to bed to ignore it......I love how much weight they have made me lose and I have only been on them since monday I was 198 at the Doctors office and now 5 days later I weigh 189 and I love that and I wouldnt dare mention to my husband any complaints of the phen because I had to beg and beg to even get him to drop the extra money on the start up doctors visit and the meds, but once he figured out how important it was for me to lose the weight he gave in....No matter how much he says I like you the way you are no matter how much you weigh you have to think somewhere in the back of his mind that hes soooo lying and would loooove to see you skinny....I am trying to make him realize that I myself am miserable and this is the most I have EVER weighed and no matter how much he says it doesnt bother him the main persons opinion is YOURSELF and if your not happy with yourself you could give a dam* what anyone else thinks.......Anyways so I need someone to be real and tell me what theyre feelin on this drug but no matter what Im willing to take all the bad for the chance to be comfortable with my body again.

~Amanda[/SIZE][/SIZE]