Anyone on thyroid medicine?
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I see you are from Ohio alilee818, what part are you from if I may ask? I am from Northwest Ohio, about 50 some miles south of Toledo. I also have hypothyroidism and have been on Synthroid for almost 10 years (.137mcg). Hopefully, once you start taking it you will feel better! I have been on phen for about 3 weeks now and have lost about 13 pounds! I have had a hard time losing any weight because of the thyroid problem and also insulin resistance (and also having two kids within the last three years!) The Synthroid should help you feel some better as long as they get you at the right dose, I still have moments of very low energy though, but the phen has really helped that! Good luck!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Default Thanks

Thanks for the replies I asked the pharmacist if the two could be taken together and he said yes but to consult my doctor. My doctor is so hard to reach I had my blood test done 3 weeks ago which was before I started on the phen so I couldnt tell them and they called yesterday and I completly forgot to ask. I am so happy that I might feel better I am always so tired and sluggish. I put on 20 pounds in like 3 months even though i weighed the same weight for like 5 years before that my periods have been messed up and I am so damn emotional so hopefully this will help. Thanks for the feedback!
    "If you can make a woman laugh. You can make her do anything"

"well behaved woman rarely make history"

::::: Marilyn Monroe:::::

Photos
    View albums

I am on Armour Thyroid for underactive thyroid. The same dr that prescribes the armour gave me the phen..so he knows.....
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Photos
    View albums

I had my thyroid removerd about 3 years ago due to a nodule and take 150mcg of Synthroid daily.I see a doctor in town for my Phentermine and he is aware of this.You just have to be careful your tsh [bloodtest] isn't low enough to make you hyperthyroid.The lower your tsh the closer you are to hyperthyroid nad you can have someb'p pulse problems if you are hyperthyroir and taking phen becuse that is a stimulant as well.Your family doctor will have to do bloodwork periodically to check your thyroid profile which includes the tsh.After you get your throid removed it takes a couple months to regulate your tsh levels,I remember feeling so tired for a long time after.

Banned
    Photos
    View albums

Yes I'm on thyroid underactive medince levothyroxine dose 25

Photos
    View albums

I just might have an answer!
    I have hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) and I have been on synthriod for 10 years of my life.
    My doctor is well aware of my phentermine use and has no problem with it.
    It really shouldn't cause any kind of interaction...other than the fact that the phentermine might make you a little more jittery once you start taking the synthroid (or whatever meds your doc recommends)...
    I just had a full blood panel done while on phen. and my thyroid came back "normal"!!

Best of luck to you...and I promise that you will start feeling better once you go on meds! You won't feel as fatigued and exhausted!!

Hope this helped!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

i was going to ask the same question today! i hope we get some answers. i am getting my entire thyroid removed in september and will be put on synthetic hormones for the rest of my life. i am soooooo worried about how this medication will interact with phen and also if it will be harder for me to lose weight post-surgery. my doc said i will be put on synthroid. any phensters out there with any experiences with this?

hope everyone is having a great day!
    235 4/13/09 (started phen)

Photos
    View albums

Default Anyone on thyroid medicine?

My doc called yesterday and said they are starting me on thyroid medicine for an underactive thyroid... does anyone else have this problem? Sorry to start 2 threads but I searched thyroid yesterday and couldnt fine one then I asked about it in my thread from yesterday and didnt hear anything so i thought I would start one just for that.

Thanks for the feedback!
    "If you can make a woman laugh. You can make her do anything"

"well behaved woman rarely make history"

::::: Marilyn Monroe:::::