disapointed!!

Thread: disapointed!!

Maybe you are gaining muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat. I have heard that you should alternate with your calorie intake to kind of trick your body. For instance if you eat 1000 calories one day try eating 1200 calories the next day and keep alternating it so your body doesn't get used to the same 1000 calories. Have you ever watched Biggest Loser? I remember watching an episode where one of the girls ( I think Ali) wasn't eating much because she thought that if she ate less she would lose more, the trainer (jillian) said that because she's exercising you need to eat more so that your body has more to burn while your exercising or something like that. She upped her caloric intake and continued to exercise and she lost more weight that way, I think maybe you should up your calorie intake by at least 100 or 200. Good luck, 8lbs in 2 weeks is great though!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

U sd ur doing kickboxing. Ur probably gained muscle and we all know muscle weighs more than fat. U prob lost inches tho.

honestly i'm eating great i think. i eat a protein bar for breakfast, either a turkey wrap, sandwich or lean cuisine for lunch and then chicken and veggies for dinner and i only drink water. i've been doing kickboxing classes, cycling , elyptical and weights. i guess i'll just have to be more patient and look at the total lbs lost at the end of the month.

Banned

Maybe drink more water?

Everyone loses at different speeds. So you cant always judge your weight loss by everyone elses weight loss.

Your losing weight, at your own pace, and its showing.

Some tips:
    Are you keeping a food journal? I know you said yoru around 1000 calories, but what kind of calories are they? See everyones body reacts different, so you have to find whats not working for you. Maybe you are getting to much fat, and need to increase your protien. Or maybe your getting to many carbs? Or maybe you eat to much salt? ( i have herd a few people talk about , they cut most of the salt out of their diet, and they started losing again), try and adjust the way you eat, and see if this week is any better.

Otherwise, what you have lost so far, is still great!! So good job for that!

Plus, a lot of people (like me) who are losing weight faster, is becuase we have a LOT of weight to lose. You dont have a lot of wieght to lose, so its not gonna come off as fast as other. you have 41 more pounds to go, where I have 65 more to go, and thats only gonna bring me to around what you weigh now. lol. (i havent decided what I want to weigh yet, gonna get to 180 and then go from there)
    Last edited by cashmonkies; July 25th, 2008 at 10:18 AM.
    All I want for Xmas- Onederland

Main Goal

Started 7/11 @ 260lbs.

7/13-First Weigh in- 256
    7/18- Excately 1 week on Phen- 250
    7/25-2 weeks on Phen-245
    8/4- Sq Cleanse- 241
    8/8- 238
    8/15- 235
    8/26-230
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

WEEK 3

WATER - 540 oz

EXERCISE -

WEIGHT: -3, -4, -3

Well I am disappointed too. I have been taking phen since 7/7/08 and I just got a scale today I have only lost like 5lbs. Three weeks and thats it. I hear about the ones losing 10 to 15lbs in one week. UUUGGGGHHHHH I have been eating pretty well, I have left pop alone and still this.

7/7/08 236
    7/9/08 233
    7/25/08 230LBS
    GW 190

CRYSTAL

Thank you for replying. You're right - it takes time and patience. Besides, it's only been 2 weeks and 8 lbs in 2 weeks is great. I shoud just look at the bigger picture. How long have you been on phentermine? How much do you usually lose in a month?

I lose about 1 to 1.5 lbs per week. It all adds up, so please don't be discouraged.

Default disapointed!!

i worked my butt out all week and ate healthy all week (about 1000 calories) and i've only lost one pound from last week!?!? has this happened to anyone? i lost 7 lbs the first week and this is my second week of being on phentermine and i only lost 1 lb!!