Anyone ever have to do a time study for work?
    Silver Phenster

Ronda033, Oh my gosh, your story scares me! So, your boss just made you do a time study? Well, everyone in our office has to the time study, so no one is being singled out, but I still hate it! No one is busy where I work every minute of every day, I don't know too many places that are, people socialize and procrastinate all the time! How did you mark down the jobs that you did? We are supposed to do it in half hour increments, so I guess that is not too bad, but I am still going to feel stressed about it until it is done! We have so many different things going on as far as phone calls, people who drop in, home visits and all of the dreaded documentation, so as long as we stay on task, our time studies should look pretty good.

2. Advertising
    advertising

OMG, bad memories! I was also a Case Manager/Social Worker many years ago. I was forced to do a time study twice in my 9 year career and both times it was just me being singled out. It was a sort of disciplinary thing because my boss didn't believe I was actually "working" 40 hours a week, and said I socialized too much. The funny thing is that when I asked him if there was a problem with my work performance, his response was "NO, you are one of the best people we have"! So why freakin' bother me with this tedious crap is what I was thinking. It didn't last long and I ended up leaving for a new career anyway.
    Good luck!
    My highest weight ever-250-and that was before kids!
    Started Phen on March 2, 2008
    SW- 233.5
    3/08-229.2
    3/15-225.6
    3/22-225.7 (TOM)
    3/29-222.0
    4/26-221
    5/10-218.2 finally below pre-pregnancy weight!
    5/24-219
    6/21-218
    6/28-217
    8/16-215
    9/26-214
    10/22-212
    11/8- 211

Silver Phenster

Yeah, that's the other issue with this time study, I do not know how detailed they want it, if he wants the names of everybody I visit or talk to, then that is really against confidentiality and the whole HIPAA policy if he shares it wtih our board of directors. Maybe he will talk to departments about the results separately, I don't know, guess I will have to ask.....

Quote Originally Posted by Band Mamma View Post
    I know someone who keeps a log of everything she does and how long it takes her to accomplish it. It comes in really handy when raises come around because it's all right there-the jobs you now have to do that aren't in your job description, the times you went "above and beyond," and all your accomplishments. She doesn't have to try to remember everything she's done over the past year because its all there for her and her boss to see.
    I have done logs at my current job as a monthly memo to my CEO at my own discretion. I like being accountable and in my cuurent position there is no tangible way of tracking what I do. But in the majorities of agencies you have to fill out so many reports and access so many systems on behalf of the client asking you to do a log is really counterproductive and overkill.

Highest Non-Pregnancy related weight 03/08: 279
    1st Weigh-in 6/18: 262
    2nd Weigh-in 7/15: 249
    7/25: 244
    Regained all weight plus some
    01/05 265
    01/10 255

1st Mini goal: 2/05 235
    2nd mini goal: 03/05 225
    Ultimate goal : 210-215 by 05/15 Grad School Graduation!!!!

Goals subject to change based on how I look and feel as I lose weight.

I know someone who keeps a log of everything she does and how long it takes her to accomplish it. It comes in really handy when raises come around because it's all right there-the jobs you now have to do that aren't in your job description, the times you went "above and beyond," and all your accomplishments. She doesn't have to try to remember everything she's done over the past year because its all there for her and her boss to see.

Silver Phenster

Kellgees, So, you had to to that ALL the time at that case management job? That would ****! I hate being micromanaged!!!! I think this is just a one time deal, but it's still nerve-wracking. I am a caseworker so I have to track my clients about 50 different ways already, but as long as they are in the computer, there are only a couple of people who check for that and no one really looks at our documentation that much. You know how it is, there are always at least a couple of people in the office who ruin it for everybody!!

At a case management job I remember having to log each task duration and outcome. It ****ed and so did the job so I left. It was retarded you have to case notes and they can track whenever you were on the stystem. It was administration way of clocking people in a passive aggressive manner. I hate organizations like that. Good Luck!!!!

Highest Non-Pregnancy related weight 03/08: 279
    1st Weigh-in 6/18: 262
    2nd Weigh-in 7/15: 249
    7/25: 244
    Regained all weight plus some
    01/05 265
    01/10 255

1st Mini goal: 2/05 235
    2nd mini goal: 03/05 225
    Ultimate goal : 210-215 by 05/15 Grad School Graduation!!!!

Goals subject to change based on how I look and feel as I lose weight.

Silver Phenster

Default Anyone ever have to do a time study for work?

I am kind of freaking out, just found out today that where I work, the boss wants us to complete a time study of what we do every half hour for a month! I normally keep really busy at work,but of course, like anywhere, it is human nature to have the office gossip or people who surf the net (I guess I better not be looking at this website at work next month lol!) or just procrastinate. Anyway, hopefully it won't be a big deal, I am hoping that I am still on the phen next month (for weight loss but also the energy) as I have found that I have a lot more energy and motivation at work than I did before! I should not say that, it's sad but true!