Miscarriage on Phen
    Photos
    View albums

My period has been SO off since I have been on Phen. It has been 4-6 days late each month. However, there have been several woman that have put up threads that stated they were on Phen when they found out they were pregnant and there pregnancies were not effected at all. But I am very sorry to hear what happen to you either way. GOD BLESS!

4/17/08 (size 18/20 pants and XXL shirts): 220 (Started Phen)
    4/17/08-5/17/08 (1st month lost 18 pounds) 202
    5/17/08-6/17/08 (2nd Month lost 8.4 pounds) 193.6
    6/17/08- 7/17/08 (3rd Month lost 7.6 ponds) 186
    7/17/08- 8/17/08:184 (No Phen)
    8/17/08-9/17/08: 182 (No Phen)
    9/17/08-11/17/08: 185 (No Phen)
    (Now~Size 13/14 pants and L shirts)

Total Weight Loss

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for all of the replies. I really don't know what's going on. The thing is, in May my TOM was weird. I spotted a very little for one day and that was it. Then started Phen beginning of June. Then comes the horrible period later that month. I'm quite sure it isn't Nuvaring causing these isues because I've been on it for almost two years now with no problems.

I did speak to my gyn. She knows I'm on Phen and says she doesn't think it's the Phen either because June TOM wasn't normal even before I started Phen. She says with June TOM being so light, and July being so long and heavy with the cramping and clotting, it sounds like it might have been a miscarriage. For the person who said a miscarriage feels like contractions, I remember (during June TOM) telling my sister that it feels like I'm about to go into labor or something. Anyhow, my gyno said for me to get a HPT but since that period was over a month ago the chances of still having any HCG in my system are very slim, so I'll never really know if I was or not. I took a test and it says negative.

I have an appointment with my gyno. She says they can do something called quantative testing, but since the HPT didn't detect any HCG, the quantative test will likely have the same result. So I guess, like she said, I'll never really know.
    No Phen
    2/08 -- 198.4 (SW)
    2/15 -- 194.2

Photos
    View albums

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I had a miscarrage before I even knew I was preggo. I was on birth control pills and the thought didn't even occur to me that I might be pregnant. After cramping and bleeding (which was more so than my normal period) I was passing stuff and had a really high fever. I called my OBGYn and he had me come in the next day. He had to do a C&C on me to clear out everything in my uterus. Come to find out I was 2 months along and didn't even know it. Hopefully when you see your doctor they can tell you exactly what happened.
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Photos
    View albums

((((hugs)))) I'm so sorry.

After a month, no you would not test positive. My friend had a miscarriage a while back and they told her to take a pg test after a month to make sure she had fully miscarried (they weren't positive at the time because all they found was an empty sac and she didn't want a dnc). They told her that hers was most likely a chemical pregnancy as well.

I will say however, that I had a miscarriage about 8 1/2 years ago. My first period while on phen was the most horrible period I had in a while. Heave bleeding, clots (I get those very period though too), bad cramp, on 2 days, spot 2 days, on again...but still the pain of those cramp was nothing compared to miscarrying. I don't know if you have any children or not, but the cramps while miscarrying are very much like contractions. So I hope in your case, it was just a really bad period.
    HW 227
    SW 221

6/14 221
    6/21 218
    6/28 213
    7/5 212
    7/12 210
    7/19 209.2
    7/26 210.6 (no phen ten days)
    8/1 207.0 (back on phen 7/29)
    8/8 204.6
    8/15 202
    8/22 200.2
    8/29 200.2
    9/5 198.4
    9/12 195.3
    10/3 195 (stuck-phen break for me!)
    10/10 194
    10/31 191.4
    11/14 192 (still no phen)
    12/19 190

First mini-goal 200 (MET)
    Second mini-goal 180

Photos
    View albums

Hopefully the doctor that told you that was wrong...I've been on Phen for 1 month yesterday and was on TOM when I started taking the Phen and haven't stopped spotting yet...I spot everyday...I also got off Depo Provera 3 months prior to taking Phen and a few other posters here think as well as I, that the combo of getting off the Depo and taking phen is the reason I am still bleeding...I go back tomorrow for my 1 month weigh in and will talk to the doc at the clinic about it..Just hope I don't have to stop the phen for awhile until the spotting stops!

My starting face! My new do, 6 months later!

Photos
    View albums

Hey, I am so sorry. I am/was on Nuvaring and Phen at the same time. My doctor said it wasn't because of the Nuvaring, She said you can take b/c and it isn't enought to hurt it (she said many young kids go in thinking that they can get rid of it (meaning baby) like this but its just not possible. I was pregnant with my daughter for 3 months before knowing I was pregnant and I was using NuVaRing and it didn't hurt her at all.

Sometimes our bodies reject pregnancy for no reason, It is possible for the phen to have had an effect because its a stimulant. There could have been many factors. I am so sorry for your lost.
    Starting weight 280 (before I started working out )
    Starting weight (when I started Phentermine)
    273 2/07/2008
    Week One Results
    267 2/14/2008
    Week Two Results
    261 2/21/2008
    Week Three Results
    257 2/29/2008
    July 18th 2008
    265 (starting over again)

Goal weight 120

Photos
    View albums

I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago while on phen. I had pg symptoms and took a test at 3 weeks pg and had a VERY faint line . The line never got darker and eventually it went away...then I started the cramping and bleeding. I have PCOS, so totally wasn't expecting it as it took 1 1/2 yrs to conceive my daughter. It was a chemical pg, which a ton of pregnancies end in. Most people don't test as early as I did, but now with tests being so sensitive, you can.

I can't say it was/wasn't the phen. It probably wasn't as chemical pregnancies occur frequently and if I hadn't tested, I would have never known and just thought it was normal TOM.

The HPT would probably not come back positive, if you had an early m/c the HCG would be out of your system, more than likely.
    SW- 272 (6/13)
    6/16-267.2!! (-4.8lbs)
    6/23-261.4!! (-10.6lbs)
    6/30-256.8!! (-15.2 lbs)
    7/7-257.6!! (Not that great of a loss, stopped phen for a week)
    7/14-Didn't weigh
    7/21-249.6 (22.4 lbs.)
    7/24-248 (24lbs.)

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

And yes I KNOW it was the phen...
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I have been pregnant and had a miscarriage.

Honestly...I don't know. I mean when you have a miscarriage even an early one you bleed a TON..and cramp a TON. But...you also don't have that many pregnancy symptoms.

Also, the fact you are now spotting again...sounds like its probably due to your birth control and its a hormonal problem.

Also, you can take a HPT test...but if your doctor is serious that he thought you had a miscarriage he would order an beta draw to make sure your HCG is below 5.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

You can have the hormone in your blood for 2 weeks. I didnt test positive on the pee test but was positive on the blood test. I went to er for cramps so bad I fell in the parking lot and couldn't get up. I was aprox. 3 mos. prego and had no idea.
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie

Photos
    View albums

Vanilla, I'm very sorry to hear you're going through this! I'm not sure your doctor is completely in the know about phen though. You can have breakthrough bleeding with the pill or the nuvaring. Many on here have spotted at different times because of the phen throwing off their cycle even when taking hormones daily.

I'm not saying your doc is wrong, it just sounds like he ruled out phen a little quickly as potentially causing your issues. Sometimes, they can spot traces of it, but doubtful that an OTC test would be able to. Better to see your gyn and see what they suggest.
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Photos
    View albums

I really hope u find out that u didnt have a miscarriage. Iv never heard of the pills causing this. Maybe its the ring?

Photos
    View albums

First and Foremost I am sorry that you are going through this. Some people say that after a miscarriage you can have some tracesof HCG(pregnancy hormone) in your urine or blood. I am not quite sure. Have your gyn do a complete exam to make sure you are Ok. Please keep me posted.

Highest Non-Pregnancy related weight 03/08: 279
    1st Weigh-in 6/18: 262
    2nd Weigh-in 7/15: 249
    7/25: 244
    Regained all weight plus some
    01/05 265
    01/10 255

1st Mini goal: 2/05 235
    2nd mini goal: 03/05 225
    Ultimate goal : 210-215 by 05/15 Grad School Graduation!!!!

Goals subject to change based on how I look and feel as I lose weight.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Exclamation Miscarriage on Phen

Today at my weigh-in, I talked to the doc about my TOM last month - I started TOM before I was supposed to (I'm on Nuvaring and hadn't taken out my ring yet), spotted and bled for 2 weeks, and in the beginning had horrible breast tenderness, cramping and clots (haven't had cramping for a long time before this, never had clots). Because others here have had changes in TOM, I figured that's what it was. Now, last night I started cramping and TOM started (spotting) and ,again, I hadn't took out my ring (just took it out today). Doc says it wasn't the Phen that caused this because it wouldn't make my period come earlier (due to me still having the Nuvaring). He says it sounds like I was pregnant and had a miscarriage. I'm on the phone now trying to get in touch with my gyn, but wanted to ask you all.

Has anyone had a miscarriage while on Phen? Or had a miscarriage before you knew you were pregnant? Also, if I take a pregnancy test now would it still come back positive if I had a miscarriage about a month ago?
    No Phen
    2/08 -- 198.4 (SW)
    2/15 -- 194.2