Update: Weightloss challenge at work
    Photos
    View albums

I am so inspired by you keep up the good work

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Keep going, you sound on the right track. I know the low carb thing is tough, how about no carbs after 3:00 or at least not for supper. Try protein bars like the Zone bars, they have lots of flavors and are high in protein (around 12-15gms). Walmart or Target sell them. They are great for a snack and sometimes I have one for dinner if I'm not cooking something I really can eat. Plus I throw one in my pocket book for lunch if I'm going out shopping so I don't tempt myself with fast food. Good Luck and hang in there!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by benson012094 View Post
    Well good luck to you!!! Hope you win. You may have posted this somewhere else, but how much longer is the challenge?
    It is a 6 month challenge. It ends in november....like on the 20th I think. Right before thanksgiving!!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by sassychica View Post
    Well I will for sure have to if 3 certain people with the damn money. As of now they are in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. I want NONE of them to win...lol.

1st place dude rubs it in everyone's faces that he's doing so well and acts nice to your face.

2nd place...she just has no clue...and she's just irritating.

3rd place eats fast food everyday and claims she doesn't exercise. WTF?! She doesn't deserve to win!

I am currently in 5th place according to percentages and with my mini setback. Not too bad out of 16-18 people.
    Well good luck to you!!! Hope you win. You may have posted this somewhere else, but how much longer is the challenge?
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by gothprincess View Post
    Keep up the great job you're doing and don't let that tiny setback get you down. If for some reason you don't win the challenge...beat the crap out of the winner and take the $$....LMAO!!
    Well I will for sure have to if 3 certain people with the damn money. As of now they are in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. I want NONE of them to win...lol.

1st place dude rubs it in everyone's faces that he's doing so well and acts nice to your face.

2nd place...she just has no clue...and she's just irritating.

3rd place eats fast food everyday and claims she doesn't exercise. WTF?! She doesn't deserve to win!

I am currently in 5th place according to percentages and with my mini setback. Not too bad out of 16-18 people.

Photos
    View albums

Keep up the great job you're doing and don't let that tiny setback get you down. If for some reason you don't win the challenge...beat the crap out of the winner and take the $$....LMAO!!

Photos
    View albums

Awww, you ladies are so sweet!!

So I weighed myself earlier this evening and I am back down to 281.something. Soooo...I'm hoping that in the morning I'll be out of the 280's. How exciting is that? I'm hoping to lose 4-5 lbs for next weeks weigh in. Lose what I gained plus another couple pounds...WISH ME LUCK!!

Love you all!

Photos
    View albums

OK Tara, sounds like you have picked yourself up & dusted that minor bump in the road off. Your plan sounds perfect. Good luck pretty girl! You have such a positive attitude so you will be just fine!

Height 5'7
    SW - 178 (2-20-08)
    GW- 155
    Lost 16.4 lbs in 6 weeks on phen
    Lost additonal 9.6 after phen from 4-9-08 to 6-20-08
    Below goal & size 8 in most things 6-20-08

DESPERATELY TRYING TO MAINTAIN!

LIFE AFTER PHEN CHALLENGE

[[/url]

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Tara, you look fantastic. Keep up the good work.
    Highest weight 2003 320
    Lapband preop weight June 06 282
    Starting weight Pherntermine July 15 223
    7/22 - 217
    Goal 200, stretch goal 185

Photos
    View albums

Thanks ladies for everything!! I am hoping that it is just TOM, it's just seems crazy because so far TOM hasn't made me gain thru this 3 month journey.

I honestly have not had much temptation to eat a bunch of junk like the ice cream the greasy burgers. Monday is usually my cheat day because I'm usually out and about with my aunt and we eat out somewhere. Of course most of the time I try to make sensible choices, (obviously fried catfish wasn't, but it was the lunch portion and I only ate half of it and ate all of my salad!).

I don't think I get enough protein, but I can only eat so much chicken & eggs. I do eat cheese (I loooove cheese) and I put a little bit of real bacon in my salad today along with an egg. I think I need a protein supplement, but I looked at the slimfast protein shake things and it didn't really seem like there was that much protein in there. Like 7 grams or something...that's not a lot right? I'd rather eat a piece of cheese for that much.

And honestly, I know there are bumps in the road and I know that I will get over it. It's just a bummer the first time because I have done SO well. I was like one of 7 or 8 that hadn't gained at all yet. I still have a long ways to go in this challenge. It won't be over until November 20th I think.

Oh and I wanted to mention I am doing low cal...1000-1200 cals a day. I know that low carb works with most people, but I cannot do it. I mean, I'm definitely not using my cals the wrong way. I'm not eating 1200 cals of junk, lol. I am making sensible choices....most of the time.

I'm not gonna take my phen for a couple days and start back up and see if that helps. My back is starting to feel better so I am gonna get back to my exercises and stuff.

Kellgees, I am still gonna do the bangs, but I haven't chopped them off yet. On monday, my aunt didn't have her scissors and I'm kinda scared to do it myself this time. I have done it before on my own...but since my hair is done all the time now..it kinda freaks me out, lmao. Maybe next week. Thank you girl for all the support!! If I win the whole pot...it'll be close to a grand. The boss wants to split it up into 1st-3rd place...so it'll prolly be like $600 or so.

losinweightin08....you look so cute in your new pic!!

Rock...girl I'm trying to ELF! I promise and you can bet your a s s I want that dang money!!

Thanks Julie for your input! Its mucho appreciated!

Thanks thin for all your suggestions!

And stary...I don't think you're eating enough. For real. I understand that there may not be a lot that you like to eat, but I'm thinking eating so many fiber bars has got to get old fast. You might be close to 1200 calories with what you're eating, but I think there are better choices you could make. I'm all for eating the watermelon and carrots and tuna. And if you wanna do the sloppy joes, make it with ground turkey breast and use wheat buns.

Thanks everyone for everything!

Photos
    View albums

LOL, I love ELF! I'm going to tape that to my monitor at work! Sassy, how about just giving yourself a cheat day instead of giving into the cravings when they happen?

I think if you give yourself one day when you know you can have what you want it's easier to say no to the cheeseburger and the sundae and the fried catfish! And it's also easier for your body to adjust, because if you do it all in one day and then go back to regular low cal days it sort of shocks your body into losing weight, but if you eat like that over a couple of days, your body just starts storing it! Good Luck!

You WILL do this!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Photos
    View albums

everyone has a set back every once in a while. just try to lower ur carbs & up ur protein & it will jump start ur weight loss. good luck, i hope u win ur competition @ work
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

Sassy,
    Being aware of what you have done is more than half the battle. Get focused !!!! Remember whatever the prize is for the challenge, for my weight loss challenge 1st place is more than $500. You can do it !!!!! I have appreciated you support and encouragement over these couple of weeks and I am sending it right back at ya BABE!!! Go Get Em. Are you still doing the bangs?

Highest Non-Pregnancy related weight 03/08: 279
    1st Weigh-in 6/18: 262
    2nd Weigh-in 7/15: 249
    7/25: 244
    Regained all weight plus some
    01/05 265
    01/10 255

1st Mini goal: 2/05 235
    2nd mini goal: 03/05 225
    Ultimate goal : 210-215 by 05/15 Grad School Graduation!!!!

Goals subject to change based on how I look and feel as I lose weight.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

See comments inline:

Quote Originally Posted by Starynight View Post
    I'll tell you guys what I ate this whole week
    Sunday- Bowl of watermellon,4 fiber bars,2 tuna sandwitches that mayo & pickles on them

How many calories, fiber and protein are in the fiber bars? Substitute fat free mayo and light bread.

Monday-2 Fiber Bowl of watermellon,few carrots,some fish sticks(not fried)

Depending on how many grams of protein the fiber bars have you need more protein.

Tuesday-2 fiber bars,few carrots,2 sloppy joes with ketchup on them

Omit the bread on the sloppy joes and just eat the meat.

Wednesday-2 cheese sticks,a few carrots,1 large frie from Mcdonalds,sitr fry

Too many carbs with the fries and stir fry. Substitute the rice for more vegies and protein.

Thrusday- 1 Sunrise Crossiant with chesse & egg(without baccon) from Hardees,3 little pieces of hamburger

More protein, vegies and fruit.

How did I do?

You can do better sassy everyone can do better were all in this together
    Increase your protein, vegies and fruit.
    Highest weight 2003 320
    7/22 - 217

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Ok - they WILL fall off as quickly as they appeared if you get back on track.

I do not, hear me - do NOT want you to lose out on this money .... ELF damn it ... Eat Less Food
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

i think u can chalk most of it up to TOM... bc it seems like if im eating really good for a while and im not really losing anything in like a week ... then ill eat sumthing not so good and w/ in the next couple of days id have lost a couple of lbs... soooo everyone makes bad choice please believe ive had my fair share and obviously EVERYONE here has or they wouldnt be here.. sooooo it was a bad few days .. its okay.. when TOM leaves then ur body gets "normal" again, eat healthier, and keep on working out everything will return to normal!!
    www.youtube.com/lailbanana (my weight loss process)

3/1 Starting Weight 253
    3/22 Drs visit = 246.8
    3/23 Started Adipex-p
    12/5 181 ONDERLAND YAY!!!

** down 72 lbs**

Smile it increases your face value
    1st pix- march 08
    2nd pix- thanksgiving 08

Banned
    Photos
    View albums

I'll tell you guys what I ate this whole week
    Sunday- Bowl of watermellon,4 fiber bars,2 tuna sandwitches that mayo & pickles on them
    Monday-2 Fiber Bowl of watermellon,few carrots,some fish sticks(not fried)
    Tuesday-2 fiber bars,few carrots,2 sloppy joes with ketchup on them
    Wednesday-2 cheese sticks,a few carrots,1 large frie from Mcdonalds,sitr fry
    Thrusday- 1 Sunrise Crossiant with chesse & egg(without baccon) from Hardees,3 little pieces of hamburger

How did I do?

You can do better sassy everyone can do better were all in this together

Photos
    View albums

Hey Tara,

The best advice I can give is to never give up. We all have points in our weight loss journey that we struggle.. But all you can do is to get back up when you fall and keep on truckin'

You have done great so far!!
    Houston Texas

325 -highest weight started weight watchers & exercise

265 - starting weight 06/19/2008 (on phen)

215- Current weight 08/09

Photos
    View albums

Since u sd TOM is on the way u prob didnt gain two lbs. If so..two lbs will b gone n no time. Jus get back to doing what uv ben doing to get the success uv had. Congrats on challeng at work. I wish I could say Iv lost consecutively for three wks. Way to go!!!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Tara, try and eat high protein, vegies and fruit and limited carbs. Try and stick to 800-1k, no more than 1200 calories and you will start to lose again. The 2 lbs sounds like it is just from the hamburger and hot fudge! Also, today at lunch I would substitute the baked potato with protein and make sure your dressing is fat free. I follow the Weight Watchers core program which is high protein, fruit and vegies with limited healthy carbs ie. brown rice. I lost 5 lbs last week. Good luck.
    Highest weight 2003 320
    7/22 - 217

Photos
    View albums

Default Update: Weightloss challenge at work

A couple people have asked how the challenge is going at work. It was going great, until this week! I have had a consistent loss for 6 weeks straight. I was in third place for pounds loss...not sure about percentages. The loss was 15.6 since June 5th.

This week I had a 2 lb gain. YIIIIKES!!!!! TOM is here, but it hasn't affected me so much as before. I had quite a bit of regular soda this past week. I had fried catfish on Monday, but it was only half a fillet because it wasn't that good. I had a cheeseburger from sonic over the weekend. Ummm...I can't remember what else I ate that was bad. Oh and I had a hot fudge sundae, lol. I also didn't exercise a whole lot because my back is hurting from TOM (or at least I guess so). I did walk 4.5 miles on Monday while shopping (handy dandy pedometer on my cell phone).

I am trying to get back on track this week. That is why I'm confessing all the crap that I've eaten or drank. I ate special k cereal for breakfast the last two days. I had subway for lunch yesterday and a baked potato and salad for lunch today. Not sure what I'm having for dinner tonight.

I think I'm gonna have to buckle down and start taking a whole phen...as much as I don't want to

So any words of encouragement, assss kicking, etc you can give, please do!!