Need exercise motivation please!

LOL, Richard Simmons! These are all great ideas, thanks! I know that if I just did it, I would feel so much better. Once I see progress, there's no stopping me! It's just getting the progress that's hard! Thanks again!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Can you get your DH to walk/work out with you in the evening? I know that when I exercise I want to get "personal" with DH that night...not sure why...but I'm not complaining. And DH is the same way. So we will email or call durring the day and make it a date (with the exercise) and we are both happy.
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

do it in the evening..take them to the track and let them play on the feild while you walk. Then when school starts..get going full force again!

Good luck
    Started Phen: 4/22/14 SW: 214.2

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I don't know what has been wrong with me lately. Ever since vacation, I have had absolutely no motivation to get back into exercising. I know that I need to and that it will speed up my weight loss, but I keep making up excuses and telling myself "Oh, well, I'll start back tomorrow." I know I've always been a horrible procrastinator, but dang, this is horrible. I told someone that I need Richard Simmons standing on my front porch every morning when I come home from work nagging me into working out. Of course, I'd probably end up killing him and burying him in the back pasture.

what about using the exercise as a reward? if you get up and workout 5 days in a row you can go buy yourself a new shirt?

LOL, I did this with my dirt bike. When I was learning to ride I would get scared and fall all the time, and one time the bike fell on top of me and melted my pants. I was fine as I had my dirtbike boots on, but I told myself if I could go out 5 times in a row without falling off my bike I could get myself a new pair of pants, but until then I had to wear my loser pants. LOL, whenever I would get into a situation where I might fall I tried extra hard to keep myself up!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

ughhh i know wut u mean about getting up in the morning..but i exercise in the evening..but since school is starting back i may try and exercise in the morning..now i'll just have to learn how to become a morning person..ugh
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

I live in Arizona, so I know what you mean about the heat! I would love to have an exercise partner. The problem is my dh leaves for work at 4am. I did have one friend agree to walk with me at 3am, but if I can't get up at 5am, there's no way I'm getting up at 3am! My best friend is out of town for the summer. We usually do cardio together. She'll be back soon, I'll just keep on trying until she gets home! Thanks for the advice!

Banned

I really hate exercising myself I try to walk as much as I can in the house where it's cool its been hot & rainy here alot lately.

is there any way you can squeeze your workout in in the evening? or is there someone who you can go work out with in the morning? my mom and i go to the gym together, i am the same way about getting up in the morning, there are many days when i would just stay in bed if i didnt know my mom was waiting on me to go workout together, and there have been a few days when ive overslept and then i get the look from my mom when i get there and we cant go now bc she has to go to work, so maybe find someone to buddy up with and just knowing they are waiting on you should help get you up, good luck!

Default Need exercise motivation please!

I absolutely hate exercising. I know it's good for me, I know it makes me feel amazing, but I just can't get out of bed to do it. I even tried moving my alarm clock across the room. I just get up, turn it off, and go back to bed. I tried using the alarm on my cell phone, I set it to my favorite song, and I still just turn it off. I love the way I feel all day after I exercise, but I don't think about that in the morning when the alarm goes off. I only have one more week of sleeping in before having to get up early to get the kids ready for school. Once school starts, I'll have to get up even earlier to work out! Any suggestions?