Changed my dose today..
    Photos
    View albums

the 7.5 isn't really phen..it is hydrochloride something....something they add to the phen. I dont think many peole know that but that is what i heard.

They probably put you on the 37.5 tablet because you can cut them in half, unlike the capsule.....

I weight a little less than you and I took a whole one and I'm okay with it..I have a little bit of a headache but I expected that.....

I think taking half later on in the day is a good idea, my fear is taking it too late and not being able to sleep..that isn't any fun. You have to do what is right for you.....................................experiment so you get the time right.....I think I may take a whole one again tomorrow given how i feel or start splitting it......the tablets are not time released like the capsules are.....so they last just a certain number of hours....

let me know how you are doing..I'm curious..

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Yeah I have no idea why she suggested doing half. She said the whole dose would be too much b/c of my weight? I did fine with a whole 30, how muc hwould 7.5 more do? Idk
    lol
    So, maybe i will take half tomorrow and see how I feel before taking the plunge.
    Weight in 2003 : 190lbs
    After 10 months of phentermine : 137lbs
    After college ( lots of stress and fast food) : 164lbs
    7/9/08: 139.6 FINALLY THE SCALE IS MOVING stopping phen ( medical reasons)
    Yea---ive blowwwnnn it this time
    9/05/08 150.0
    9/17/08 148.2 Back on phen again

Photos
    View albums

I was taking half a tablet a day, but starting today I'm taking a whole pill because I just feel like half wore off too quickly and I ate too much the end of the day.

Alot of people split their doses and take half in the morning, half in the afternoon. The secret to that is taking the second half on an empty stomach and not eating for an hour afterwards....too much to remember for me.....I'd rather just take the whole thing and call it a day.

i'm not sure why the nurse suggested doing that because of your weight. What you weigh now should have nothing to do with it. Phen isn't prescribed according to your weight.

good luck.
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Photos
    View albums

Default Changed my dose today..

Hey everyone. Well I have been on phentermine 30mg ( capsule) off and on for a year or so. Well lately, I have been STUCK and not just stuck, gaining weight.
    Usually when I take my 30mg I would be sick to even smell food, although that eventually went away I still was able to control my appetitie. Lately ( the past 2 months ) i swear, ive felt like i havent eatin in years and im thinking these pills are like placebo ... lol

Well I told the Doc today, and they bumped me up to the 37.5mg caplet. The nurse suggested b/c of my weight ( 142 now ) I should break it in half and take half in am, half in afternoon.

Does anyone take the whole thing at once? I can barely remember to take my meds in the am.

Did anyone have a similar problem and then when their dose was increased saw their weight loss start again?

Thanks guys!
    Weight in 2003 : 190lbs
    After 10 months of phentermine : 137lbs
    After college ( lots of stress and fast food) : 164lbs
    7/9/08: 139.6 FINALLY THE SCALE IS MOVING stopping phen ( medical reasons)
    Yea---ive blowwwnnn it this time
    9/05/08 150.0
    9/17/08 148.2 Back on phen again