Hungry Alot

Thread: Hungry Alot

Banned

Ok I will keep taking it but today I didn't take it :*(

2. Advertising
    advertising

I take a 15 mg in the morning before breakfast (when I started my script said for me to take my pill 1 hr after breakfast, but that wasnt working for me after reading a few threads I changed to before breakfast) , I started on 7/17 so tomorrow will be 1 week. I too felt hungry but it took a few days for it to get in my system and start to work. Excercise and lean proteins will also assist in your hunger until the meds kick in. I usually will eat a salad with just romaine lettuce and cucumbers with a light ranch dressing towards the end of the day (little to no carbs or calories). I read an article on foods that supress appetites and cabbage and broccli were there as well as the proteins, I found that that it worked for me. I say give it a week before you decide to stop using it.
    1/16/2009 Starting over is so f'in hard!
    7/1/08 251 lost 26 pounds, gained 21 back pounds by 1/1/09
    SW 246
    1/13/2009 241 w/Phen
    Started Low Carb
    01/19/2009 237
    02/23/2009 223
    03/29/2009 204
    04/16/2009 199.9
    05/04/2009 204.5 6 wk body makeover (mini)
    05/29/2009 188.32 (16 pounds in 3 weeks)
    08/10/2009 178.64 Slow but stil going
    09/19/2009 166
    11/1/2009 157
    1/30/10 166 tha holidays!!
    back at it no phen in 2 months grrrr!!

Me 08/19 174

Quote Originally Posted by Band Mamma View Post
    My doctor tells me, "It's okay to be hungry. There is so much food around the office that some times I leave for lunch to visit the nursing home so I don't eat. It's okay to be hungry."
    I agree with making sure you are eating enough protein and drinking some more water. There were days I thought I would float away from drinking so much water. Currently, I am making sure I am hungry and don't eat right away at least once per day. I want to be able to handle hunger feelings when I am no longer on the phen. Prior to phen, the moment I felt the littlest bit hungry, I would eat something. I noticed that people who don't have issues with food and/or weight didn't do that. They were perfectly fine with being hungry and not eating right away.
    However, you are at the beginning of your journey while I am at the end. Have you tracked your intake to make sure you are eating enough? I know that many times people tend to eat too little at first.
    bandmama, that is interesting about it being okay to be hungry. My personal trainer told me the same thing when I told him that I was eating late at night..he said not to eat anything after 6pm and it was okay to be hungry after that....my late night eating was more boredom than real hunger anyway I just confused the two signals....when i started doing this is when i actually lost weight.....I guess the body is more efficient at weight loss when it actually has some time to digest and process what you ate that day without constantly being fed more food...just a thought.

Banned

It's only been 3 days should I call my doctor's office on Friday & leave a message for her nurse asking if I can take 2 pills of Phentermine everyday?

Silver Phenster

You may want to talk to your doctor and take 1 more 15mg mid day. Protein is essential and will keep you full longer.
    Highest weight 2003 320
    Lapband preop weight June 06 282
    Starting weight Pherntermine July 15 223
    7/22 - 217
    Goal 200, stretch goal 185

Banned

I dont understand how the pill can do the total oppsite to some people by making them hungry.
    I have been drinking alot of water.I didn't take the pill today I know that I should have I might not take for a few days to see if its the pill making me hungry or my body itself.But I just know that its the pill.I'm not feeling less hungry at all more like more hungryer.
    Are their any other diet pills that doctor's prescribe?My doctor was talking to me & she said that the one that they ushally prescribe is Phentermine.I might call the doctor's office & leave a message for my nurse & ask if I can try taking 2 15MG pills but I would rather go to the doctor & ask her myself.
    I write down what I eat everyday on paper so I keep track of it.
    I got my prescription from my doctor.
    Do you get enough protient crazycheylove?
    I dont know if I get enough protien. I will eat more protien.

Starynight.....I too am having the same problem!!!! I am on 37.5. Half in a.m. and other half a few hours later. I"m starving all the time. I'm on a high protein diet so I know I'm eating a lot of that and drinking a ton of water. I have no clue what is going on but it is very frustrating!!!!! I'm actually hungrier since taking phen then I was before. I have found that there aren't many others that have experienced this, therefore there aren't any good answers for us. If you find something that works, please let me know. Today is day 5 for me and I'm still waiting to not feel insanely hungry!!!

Bronze Phenster

it is not easy to lose weight like it is to put it on. youi just have to take it one day at a time and say a little prayer as you go about your day.just keep looking at that scale and see the wieght coming off
    url=http://www.extrapounds.com/] [/url]

My doctor tells me, "It's okay to be hungry. There is so much food around the office that some times I leave for lunch to visit the nursing home so I don't eat. It's okay to be hungry."
    I agree with making sure you are eating enough protein and drinking some more water. There were days I thought I would float away from drinking so much water. Currently, I am making sure I am hungry and don't eat right away at least once per day. I want to be able to handle hunger feelings when I am no longer on the phen. Prior to phen, the moment I felt the littlest bit hungry, I would eat something. I noticed that people who don't have issues with food and/or weight didn't do that. They were perfectly fine with being hungry and not eating right away.
    However, you are at the beginning of your journey while I am at the end. Have you tracked your intake to make sure you are eating enough? I know that many times people tend to eat too little at first.

Increasing my protein and drinking lots of water helped for me.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Yes, I think you are right, especially since you just started. I would get a higher dose. Did you get the pills from a doctor or online? You should be feeling less hungry even with the 15mg.

Did you get enough protien? It fills you up. I eat protien every 3 hours. I was never hungry with phen. Maybe it'll help you with it.

Banned

Angry Hungry Alot

I just started taking Phentermine 15MG on Sunday & these past few days that I have been taking it I have been hungry alot & I know this pill isn't supposed to make you hungry.I dont know what to do but it's driving me crazy.Maybe I should go up to a higher dose will that help?