My worst fear...

I think once you have reached your goal you will be use to eating less and more aware & educated. I lost 75 pounds in 2 years with diet and exercise alone....I felt better at that time then I could ever remember. My b/f and I were doing a long distance relationship during most of that time so I threw myself into fitness to get my mind off him and to counteract the depression......but when he came home....I threw myself back into him....I stopped working out and my eating habits went to hell....I gained almost 40lbs back in 4 or 5 months! I went from 280 to 205 within that 2 years.....and I went from 205 to 240 (ok so it was 35lbs) in just a few months. You have to truely make a life change....dont think of this journey as a diet.....you are basically redesigning your lifestyle. I guess what Iam saying is..... it is really all up to you.....then Phen is just a helper...you are the one who will be doing the hard work. When the phen is gone you should be strong.....you just have to stay positive and just keep going full steam ahead.

Dec2004 280lbs
    Dec2007 205lbs (NoPhen)
    Apr 2008 240lbs (StartedPhen)
    Sept 4th 210 YAY
    Sept 17 208
    Oct 1 205
    Oct 12 202

http://www.myspace.com/wickedwillowoftheeast

2. Advertising
    advertising

Diamond Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by PixxiDusted View Post
    I just started phen last week. I'm not so much worried about being able to stick to my new lifestyle. It's more that I think I'll always be hungry if I stopped the phen. Maybe my body will get used to eating less? I haven't really gained any weight in the last few years. I had a baby 2 years ago and was back to my pre prego weight before i was even in the hospital, and haven't really gained anything more.

Thanks for the help
    In addition to what's been said ... I have a suggestion: When you are near goal, have a heart to heart with doc about your concerns and try to decrease your phen intake slowly, allowing your body to adjust to the lack of the drug in your system.
    vs. just stopping and your brain clicking in telling your body it's hungry.

I might as well rattle off another suggestion:
    During your losing journey, while you are making new eating / lifestyle changes, see if you can discover where/why you gained weight.
    Was it from stressful situations? Boredom? Late night? etc. and see if you can work on that while you are on Phen so when the day comes you no longer have it ... you've learned to deal with your negative food eating time in another manner by replacing that action with another more healthy / positive manner.
    I know that's probably clear as mud, but hopefully you can make sense out of it.

best of luck to you.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Default Thanks

I just started phen last week. I'm not so much worried about being able to stick to my new lifestyle. It's more that I think I'll always be hungry if I stopped the phen. Maybe my body will get used to eating less? I haven't really gained any weight in the last few years. I had a baby 2 years ago and was back to my pre prego weight before i was even in the hospital, and haven't really gained anything more.

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by PixxiDusted View Post
    My fear is that I will do all this hard work and lose the weight, then my dr. will take me off of the phen. Then, I will lose all of my self control, energy, and success. Does anyone know of people that have kept off the weight once they were taken off the drug?
    I am so with you. The more I think about it the more I realize hey I have been losing the same 5 pounds over and over again for the last year SOOOO I think once I am at my goal I will be doing the same which is fine with me. i have no problem eating right and then if I feel myself slipping I will have to work a little harder. Have you been maintaining the same weight for awhile
    SW 5/24 188.8 started Phen
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/6 180 week 2 (179 @home)
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2
    7/31 172 WTH Start 37.7 tomorrow
    Avatar is me @ my wedding in 2001

Silver Phenster

I agree with Greenapple.

Phen is not a miracle pill. It can not make you lose weight on its own. Your weight loss is not dependent upon Phen. Phen is only a tool to help you lose weight. Use this tool to learn new eating and exercise habits. Your weight loss is dependent upon your newly formed eating and exercise habits. Remember this is a lifestyle change.

if you put the work in..you wont gain it back! You just need to keep on top of yourself and make good habits to replace your bad ones
    good luck
    Started Phen: 4/22/14 SW: 214.2

Unhappy My worst fear...

My fear is that I will do all this hard work and lose the weight, then my dr. will take me off of the phen. Then, I will lose all of my self control, energy, and success. Does anyone know of people that have kept off the weight once they were taken off the drug?