HELP!! HEMORRHOIDS!!!!

Sit in a warm bath, apply warm washclothes, and wrap your hand good and support the area (including the perinium) when attempting to pass a stool. Also, what they all said up there, too.
    If possible, take a lightly stuffed pillow to work-one that you can separate the stuffing into two sections so the area can just hang in between the two sides and not have pressure on it. Tell everyone your chair seat seems to have lost it's cushioning or your back is aching so you don't have to talk about 'roids at work.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster

OMG I have had this problem for the past month but i didnt want to start a thread about it so im glad someone else did!!! One night about a month ago i went to go number 2 before bed and i felt like i ripped something it was soo painful i was up until 4am i couldnt move without not being in pain! I called my mom up and told her that I was thinking of going to the hospital I was ccrying and so upset! She told me to calm down take a warm bath and drink some medamucil not sure if thats how its spelled! So that helped and I finally fell asleep. The next day I was still in pain but I got the cream and wipes and that helped but it hurt for a few days after. So my mom suggest Senocot which is a pill form of a stool softener and it worked pretty good! Id take it at bedtime and in the morning i would be regular.

I still have problem a few times a month Im kinda scared that I might have hurt something else. But Im so scared to go to the doc for that kind of stuff. My mom has them often and she had surgery bout 10 years ago because of it YIKES! I hear it is genitec so Im gonna try and drink more and more water and eat lots of fiber!

Mine come and go...at one time they were really bad and I thought i was going to die....I took alot of sitz baths...and just kept the area really clean and dry while using prep. H maximum strength and colace stool softeners..the stool softeners are important, otherwise your bum will just re-injure itself every time you take a dump.

i had them once. i got preperation H suppositories. i was scared cus i'd never used a suppository before, but it didn't hurt and wasn't uncomfortable at ALL. it kind of melts when you put it in so the medicine is like ...in there...once you put it in. mine went away after using those for a few days.

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Silver Phenster

Thanks imabijou, I'll try that and also look at that website!

You can also get a bottle of Witch Hazel at the drug store or any retail store like Walmart...Soak a cotton ball in it and place it on the "roid" and leave it there awhileor leave it on it over night...Witch Hazel cuts the swelling down...If the swollen area gets sore then keep the Witch Hazel in the fridge...will comfort quickly...
    Check out this website!
    http://www.hemroids.us/hemroid-symptoms.htm

My starting face! My new do, 6 months later!

to change your weight on the left click on 'user cp' near the top after you log in. Then over on the left there will be different links. It is in 'edit profile' I believe.
    Started Phen 7/2/08
    SW: 177
    Height: 5'5"

8/6/08
    8/13/08
    8/20/08
    8/27/08
    9/3/08
    1st Goal: 164 by August 1st (-10lbs in 4 weeeks) MET! 7/19/08
    2nd Goal: 149 by September 28rd (-15lbs)
    GW: 135 by Christmas 2008

Silver Phenster

Thanks gothprincess about the info. about medicated wipes! It is getting more uncomfortable to sit, I think the swelling has gone down some though, so maybe they will be gone soon

If it gets too uncomfortable to sit, try using the Tuck's Medicated Pads(for hemorrhoids) when you wipe. I've never had hemorrhoids but my hubby has internal ones that flare up once a month.

Silver Phenster

Thanks so much again!! I did end up e-mailing my family doc this morning (I like him because he does give youi his e-mail address so you can ask questions and it cuts down on office visits if it is something you do not need to go in for). So, I will see what he says, like I said, I have never had external hemmorhoids before and it is kind of freaky! I am now starting to really understand the importance of fiber in your diet and good colon health too! Not too many people think about it, but as you get older it is really important, especially to guard against colon cancer!

Bronze Phenster nc_beached_whale's Avatar

yep, I got em after I started the phen. Take a stool softener and they will probably clear up on their own.
    See ya at the beach, I'll be the fat one in the thong.

:eatnphen1:]

Diamond Phenster

Never had these, but bumping this thread so others can see it - that may be able to offer insight.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Silver Phenster

Thanks countryasadirtroad and SHAREBEAR29! It makes me feel better to know that maybe I can get rid of them without going to the doctor!

Silver Phenster

I've had problems with them on and off most of my life. Prep H always works pretty good for me. I'd give that a week or two -- if it's not any better go to the dr and see what he says. I agree about being uncomfortable about going to the dr for that problem. lol

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar

I had the same issue a couple weeks ago... mine ended up going away on its own after about a week. It got the most painful two days before it went away. Good luck.
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

Silver Phenster

Default HELP!! HEMORRHOIDS!!!!

I have been on the phen for almost three weeks now and have lost about 12 lb. (sorry do not know how to change it on the left side for the weight loss). Anyway, I have been trying to eat fiber like crazy and drink lots of water, but I now have an external hemorrhoid (at least that is what I assume it is as I have never had one before, but it is swollen tissue around my bunghole (sorry I must be channeling Beavis and ********!) It really is not that painful or anything, I have had some BMs without discomfort, it is a little uncomfortable and unfortunately I have an office job where I sit most of the day which does not help. I really do not want to go to the doctor for this and I have been increasing fiber a lot and water and just starting using Prep H suppositories and cream to help hopefully shrink the tissue and also taking a stool softener. Has anyone else experience this and were able to treat it on their own without going to the doctor? I've had two kids so they have seen pretty much everything, but there is still just something about your doctor looking at your a**hole that I am just not quite comfortable with!