Adderall?

Thread: Adderall?

Photos
    View albums

Yah I wake up at 5:00am my husband drives an hour to work and I go ahead and get up with him. I have to be at work at 7:00 so I usually bring breakfast with me and eat it at my desk. Usually eat between 7:30 and 8:30. I don't think I could hold out until 10:00. I usually go to lunch anywhere from 11:00-1:00. I can definately tell I am not starving at 10:30-11:00 I have been able to wait until 1:00 and go to lunch the past two days. I need to try and go around 12:00 though.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Its funny that you say you were starving before lunch time because initally when I first started taking phen I felt the same way. I didn't think it was working at all. But someone told me to take the medicine later in the day. So I did and what a difference!! I eat breakfast around 10am wait 2 hours then take my phen. Usually take it between 12-1pm and I don't get hungary until later....
    Love the skin you are in.

"Love yourself enough to do whatever it takes to be the best you can be!"

"You are worthless to your colleagues, friends, and family if you do not value yourself enough to take excellent care of you."

Photos
    View albums

No No no I wouldn't take them together. I still have maybe 4 phen left from the days I had forgot to take it last month. I got the Adderall script on Friday afternoon and waited until Sunday to take it because I had already taken a phen on Saturday.

The doctor said sometimes people have to be switched up on the medicine. He said phen sometimes doesn't work right away for everyone. I couldn't really tell I was taking it. I mean I would get hungry but I'd make better choices about what I snacked on versus before starting it. So after my third visit he prescribed this. So far I can tell my appetite is surpressed a lot better. At breakfast I am not to hungry but I will eat something yogurt, toast, or fruit and I used to feel like I was starving before lunch and I can hold out a lot longer. Also I used to need some kind of snack between lunch and dinner and for the most part I can work and don't even think about it because I am not hungry. So we will see if it helps. So far I like it better but only because the phen wasn't do much for my appetite.

RhondaB I didn't take it badly. I know what your saying. I know people that have abused other meds for the euphoric effect and they just got out of control with it. I just thought it was sad your friend takes it from her child who has the illness and it prescribed whatever dose to help him.

Thanks all!
    Kristen

Photos
    View albums

Wink

I have taken adderall several times. It really puts me "in the zone" to get focused and get done what I need to (school). Both of my brothers take adderall. My doctor is going to prescribe Adderall for me in Sept when I go back to school because I believe I have some attention/ staying focused issues. He told me Adderall is an appetite suppressant. And the times I have taken it I had NO APPETITE what so ever! I was going to take it back in May when I went to see my doctor but we got to talking and he suggested for me to take phentermine. And see how it works for me. Since may 28th I have lost almost 20 pounds which is great! But I think though if I were on adderoll I would have lost more. But I wouldn't take Adderall just for the appetite suppressant side of the medicine. I have focusing/attention issues. I'm suprised your doctor would just put you on adderall and take you off of phen. What were his reasons if you don't mind me asking? I can't imagine a doctor prescribing adderall just for weight loss. I mean it would be one thing if you asked your doctor for adderall with the intent of taking it to loose weight but you have been asking about adderall.... As for caffeine, I would suggest drinking decaf coffee while taking adderall. There is still caffeine in decaf coffee but you won't have the pounding headaches the next day .

ANd an FYI adderall and phentermine should never be taken together!
    Last edited by dutchtulips; July 22nd, 2008 at 05:19 PM.
    Love the skin you are in.

"Love yourself enough to do whatever it takes to be the best you can be!"

"You are worthless to your colleagues, friends, and family if you do not value yourself enough to take excellent care of you."

Photos
    View albums

Please dont take what I said wrong. I didn't even think how it sounded. I wasn't saying you would do anything like that. I was only sharing my experience (the one experience I have) of a friend that tried that for weight loss.
    You sound like you fully understand the risks and are careful. So good luck and let us know how it goes.
    I'm in ONEDERLAAAAANNNDDD!!

Use myspace all day long lol. Add me if you would like to chat

http://www.myspace.com/rhondascanlon

Photos
    View albums

That's pretty sad and very selfish of her. Her son has a condition that he NEEDS medicine for and she takes what he needs for vanity.

I'll see how it does and be very careful with it. I've seen people get dependent on prescriptions for various things and have difficulty stopping it because they rely on it. I try to be really good with any medication I have and don't abuse it.

Thanks for the advice!

Kristen

Photos
    View albums

Me personally? I would NEVER take adderall as an appetite suppresant. Only because I have a very dear friend that I've watched abuse this drug for a while now. Her son gets the medicine due to being severe ADHD and she ends up taking half of the medicine out of the capsules and taking it. She started taking it to loose weight too. It's very addictive. I've taken a total of 4 of the pills in my life, and it does give you a great rush. But IMO it's not worth the addiction danger. I would rather stick to meds that are used primarily for what they were intended for. JMO though.
    I'm in ONEDERLAAAAANNNDDD!!

Use myspace all day long lol. Add me if you would like to chat

http://www.myspace.com/rhondascanlon

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the input. I am seeing the same doctor for the Levoxyl for my thyroid and now Adderall. I have hypothyroidism where it doesn't produce enough. He said it was just slightley over and he liked to keep people below 3 and mine I think was a 5 on the scale he is using. I'm kind of weary of drinking a lot of caffiene with the Adderall. I cut out cokes about a year ago because I was on Topamax for headaches and it made coke taste awful, but I might have one every 2 weeks or so. I am addicted to Tea now sweetened with splenda. I didn't ask the doctor to put me on Adderall, with the phentermine I was still hungry and he said he would switch it up after a month and a half it I wasn't loosing that much. I'm pretty cautious with taking pills, I always look them up and see what people have to say about them, I just didn't see that much on the internet with weightloss and personal experiences. I don't want to become so dependent on something I can't get off of it easily. I only take whats prescribed and sometimes I forget to take it. Wow I just noticed everyone that posted back is around my weight! That's pretty good. Thanks all!

Kristen

Photos
    View albums

not familiar with the drug but if Goth says it is what it is I believe her, she used to be a pharm. tech......I think taking it for weight loss is definitely an off label practice and I never thought that was a good idea......not enough studies about taking it for weight loss supporting it, etc.

Photos
    View albums

I have taken Adderall before and i think it works better because it lasts all day and gives me tons of energy that I dont really get, but i am on phenD, not phen. you should be careful though, adderall has dextroamphetamine like gothprincess said, this is another scientific name for the d-isomer of methamphetamine....its addictive, and dangerous...call your Dr. if you feel funny or your heart is really racing. Are you seeing the same Dr. for both the thyroid issue and weight loss? if not both should know about what you are taking.
    please try to stay aware of how you are feeling, its dangerous to have your heart rate over 100bpm for an extended period of time when its not from exercise or a normal adrenaline rush type thing (google tachycardia) .

I think i lost my mind struggling to loose my extra weight.

Photos
    View albums

It's mainly used for ADD/ADHD. Can also be used to treat Narcolepsy, Anorexia, and other purposes. It's highly addictive..is a C-II controlled drug. It's an Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. If you have an overactive thyroid, you should not be taking this med.

Photos
    View albums

Hi Kristen!! Welcome!

I have mostly taken phen, but on the time or two that I had run out in the past, I managed to get a few adderall from a friend. Both felt about the same. Only difference was on the add, I definitely felt more of a "rush" if you will, and NO appetite!! lol
    This was after being on phen for about a month...
    https://www.phentermine.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41361&dateline=122056  0553

That spare tire aka muffin top, has got to GO!!!

Starting the Body For Life challenge at around 152, i'm sure... I haven't weighed tho... so we shall see!

Photos
    View albums

Smile Adderall?

Hi,
    I have been lurking and reading this board everyday since probably April... My name is Kristen I am 25 years old. I have always been able to go on fad diets and get off maybe 15 pounds and then hit a wall and then fall off the wagon. I decided to get help this time and I started Phentermine at the beginning of June. First day it gave me energy and from then on I only noticed I was slightly less hungry. I eat 1200 or less calories per day and keep a food diary.

6/6 was my first appt with my doctor and I weighed 175, 2 weeks later on 6/18 I weighed 167 and he prescribed levoyxl because I had given bloodwork and found out I had slight hypothyroidism, I went back Friday 7/18 a month after my last appointment and I only lost 5 pounds in a month. Anyways my doctor switched it on Friday to Adderall 30mg twice a day. Anyone have any experiences with Adderall? I just started it on Sunday but I am suppose to take 1 pill for 3 days and then 2 times a day after that.

Thanks for your help!
    Kristen