Strange Armpit/Leg hair issue
    Silver Phenster

Thanks everyone. No, I don't think that I am making a big deal about it because it IS a big deal :P haha. No, seriously, I will shave and then 2 hours later I will be in the pool with my son and he says "my legs are sharp" sigh...My friends don't have to shave ever 3 hrs.

I have the venus and it is better on the legs but SU&C*S on the armpits. The exfoliant sounds like the best idea. Ima try that!
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie

2. Advertising
    advertising

Quote Originally Posted by MommaCarr View Post
    Have you ever thought about using veet or nair in that area? Maybe its your razor. I knwo that when I use a shaving cream rather than soap I stay smoother longer!
    me too. skintimates is a really good shaving cream to try.
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

This is a funny thread, but I feel ya. Waxing on your legs is the best way to go, stays smooth for so long and grows back thinner each time. For your armpits use and exfoliant to rub it clean because those pores on your armpits get it rough and tweeze your hair, grows back thinner and stays away longer. Eventually laser hair removal is where I am turning to for the armpit especially. So many places to freaking wax and shave sometimes wish we could all be European or go back to the 70's

hmm, i know what you're saying. i get p-r-i-c-k-l-y (gasp!) pretty quick after i shave.....i don't really think much of it...i think it's normal. maybe it's just one of those things you are overly concerned about? i don't mean that to sound rude, but you know how someone will have a zit and they are like "see! right there!' and you are like...NOOOO. i wouldn't worry about it....nobody probably even notices.

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Y'all I'm Greek so hair removal has been a major issue for me since kindergarten....ONLY KIDDING...

But seriously I feel the right razor does the trick better with the underarms.....Venus is good, the Quattro in my opinion stinx!! I have that *****ly skin on one of my legs on the side since I started taking phen..not sure if there is a correlation or if my workout pants just rub there the wrong way......

My dermatologist told me that some people have thinner skin than others, that is why when I shave it kind of looks like I ididnt

Honestly I have bigger things to worry about....so I don't spend too much time thinking about it...

However just a suggestion, get yourself a good body exfoliator and do your legs , that will make any ingrown hairs "outgrow" and maybe you can get a closer shave that way?

Silver Phenster

Wow thanks so much! Do you think the mitten would work on the underarms?! I need to do somethin' lol.

I definitely know where you are coming from. I am part Italian and have the same problems with hair removal. As for the stubble on your legs Ulta has a product called Hair Off Mitten. It looks like sandpaper that you rub on your legs but I promise it does not hurt and it works on getting rid of the p-r-i-c-k-l-e-s so you have to shave less often. I love it cause it leaves your legs real soft and smooth. As for underarm area I am the same way. I will shave but I still see the dark stubble. I haven't tried this myself but when I was just at Ulta.com they have a bottle by Jolen called Creme Bleach with Aloe. Supposedly it lightens the hair on your face and body. They also have many Waxing Kits for body. Maybe if you are near an Ulta store you could go and see if they have any suggestions for you.

SW: 247 (started Phen 2-11-08)
    -71 lbs. in 7 months

02-12-09 154.6

*~*First Goal: 160 lbs. *~*
    *~*Second Goal: 150 lbs. *~*

Silver Phenster

Yeah the hair is so thick Nair does nothing...I never tried veet though...( I just assumed it was like nair). This has been the case for about 3 yrs. I know it isn't the phen. I've bought every new razor out there. It is so weird. I have PCOS but all of my symptoms have gone away since losing weight AND metformin...maybe thats it?

Have you ever thought about using veet or nair in that area? Maybe its your razor. I knwo that when I use a shaving cream rather than soap I stay smoother longer!
    Mother of two wonderful boys; ages 2 and 4!! Trying to lose a whopping 74 Lbs!!

SW-- 224 Lbs
    Started Phen-- 3/5/2008

lol prob cuz of the p-r-i-c-k in the word... but on your hairy issue (hahaha im so corny) i have no advice . has this always happened or did it sart when you started phen?

2/10/08 - 3/08/08** -19 (Month 1 on Phen)
    3/15/08 - 4/05/08** -31 (Month 2 on Phen)
    4/12/08 - 5/03/08** -35 (Month 3 on Phen)
    5/10/08 - 5/31/08** -45 (Month 4 on Phen)
    6/07/08 - 6/28/08** -49 (Month 5 NO Phen)
    7/12/08- 7/26/08 ** -58 (Month 6 on Phen)

month 5 results
    1st mini goal=215 met
    2nd mini goal=200 met
    3rd mini goal=185 met
    4th mini goal= 170

Silver Phenster

I have no idea what those stars (****) mean...are we not alowed to say the P-r- i _c...k_:L.E_S?

Silver Phenster

Default Strange Armpit/Leg hair issue

OK so when I shave under my arms, it still looks like I didn't shave. For a while I thought that it bc my underarms were so white and my hair was so dark...but I got a tanning membership and I still look like I don't shave...the skin under there is always bumpy and creepy looking. My legs do, however, look nice and fine when shaved but the problem is they get *****les within about 4 hrs...Anyone have advice?

(this is what happens when an Irish man had children with an Italian woman )