Food Talking to Me again
    Photos
    View albums

Whoo hoo for you!
    You did it!
    I've been snatching bites of hubby's stuff here and there. I really have found that's all I need: just one bite. He had fish sandwiches yesterdaiy. I ate one bite and that was enough to satisfy the urge. I ate my salad after that, and all was well. I could have either spent the day craving fish or eaten an entire sandwich, but one bite was enough. I ate it and moved on with the day.
    I was still thinking about cake, but I moved on with the day. LOL

2. Advertising
    advertising

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Jen - I think that is perfect - if we could ALL just do the "TASTE" and move on, we would be in a much happier place.

good job on resisting the temptation.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Band Mamma View Post
    Hangin in there and Thin4good: thanks to both of you! I needed a little encouragement today as my tummy is poofing out over my skirt. I think it wants to say "hello" to everyone today. LOL

Jenstarns: accountability time! What happened with the cake?
    Fess up! Is it gone? Did you eat more? Do we need to put together an intervention? Shall we dissect endlessly why you made the decision to eat cake?
    got over the need with a 100 cal snack PK. I did have a taste but when i say a taste it wasn't even a bite
    SW 5/24 188.8 started Phen
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/6 180 week 2 (179 @home)
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2
    7/31 172 WTH Start 37.7 tomorrow
    Avatar is me @ my wedding in 2001

Photos
    View albums

Hangin in there and Thin4good: thanks to both of you! I needed a little encouragement today as my tummy is poofing out over my skirt. I think it wants to say "hello" to everyone today. LOL

Jenstarns: accountability time! What happened with the cake?
    Fess up! Is it gone? Did you eat more? Do we need to put together an intervention? Shall we dissect endlessly why you made the decision to eat cake?

Photos
    View albums

yea, band said it perfectly! my mom keeps trying to tell me to stop wasting food. but im like "im sure the starving kids in ethiopia dont care if i finish my food or not"
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

Glad you overcame the cake! Bandmama excellent advice. I think I'm going to cut and paste that and stick to my fridge for any time there is something in there I don't want. Seriously your advice always just grabs me! Thanks!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Photos
    View albums

Food talks to me too. Has been talking to me nonstop ALL weekend. Go chug down a pint or two of water. The voices should quiet down .... a little.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

thanks guys I kept away from that cake and it is going in the trash this evening. Hubby gets one more chance to have a little. _Hubby is a health nut so he knows how much he can have, and does extra running when he needs it. Raquel glad to know you have talking food too
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm glad I'm not the only one food talks to. LOL

Do you think it's a side effect of the Phen ... maybe they should add it to the side effects part of this forum.

Beware ... food comes to life!
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I don't know my weakness is ben and jerry (new york super chunk) and i am pretty sure I enjoy every bite all the way to the bottom

Bronze Phenster Hangin' in there's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I also read somewhere that your taste buds actually stop enjoying something after only 3 bites. I am not sure if it is true or not, but I like to use it because any time that I am eating something that I know I shouldn't, I think about this. After I have had 3 bites I ask myself if I am still enjoying it or just eating it because it is there in front of me.

Bronze Phenster Hangin' in there's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Smile WOW!!

Band Momma:

Wow, I am new and I was just scanning to see how much people had lost. I am so envious (sp?) of you!! I would love to say that I had lost that much. I will get there. I have really been working on dedicating myself to work out. I also have been going to Weight Watchers which has helped me a lot. Anyway, just wanted to say CONGRATS!!

Photos
    View albums

Ask it what it wants.

If you don't the answer, pull a Nikki and toss it into the trash can. Thinking about it is harder than doing it.

Starving children in Africa will not be helped by you adding pounds onto your body. You cannot magically transport it to them using your body as a carrier.

Your mother was wrong about cleaning your plate.

It is already made, the money is already spent, so it is NOT a waste to throw it away. Whether it is eaten or thrown away, it is still gone.

If you can't bring yourself to pitch just yet, wrap that baby in lots o saran wrap and stick it in the freezer for the next time you have guests over.

Once it hits the can and you have smooshed it into oblivion with another piece of trash, you will feel victorous over the control you allowed it to have over you. It will be another step overtaken on your weight loss staircase that you have overcome. Do it, do it, DO IT!

Hubby doesn't need the cake, either. I will not provide his body the nutrition it needs to run like the well-oiled machine it was designed to be. You will be enabling the destruction of his body by keeping it.

One slice occasionally is fine- it's "normal". However, "normal" eaters are able to walk away after the first slice and not be tempted (or drawn to, or hear it talking). You are not at that point yet so you have to adapt or fake it. If it's calling to you, it sounds like a case of adapting to the situation by removing it from the "list of stuff in my home available for me to injest."

After the first slice, it has outlived its usefulness to you so freely throw it away like that old smelly pair of sneakers hubby keeps cause he likes them. What we like it not always good for us. Those shoes provided the support his body needed for a time, but they are not able to do that any longer. That cake provided support for you when you wanted a little something sweet and perhaps needed an emotional blanket to comfort you. It has outlived its usefullness in that capacity and is now simply another thing taking up needed space in your home, in your head, and in your life. You cannot pass it on because it will not be useful to someone else, so pitch it like those knick-knacks you hate dusting and don't really appreciate anymore.

Take a step forward in your life instead of backwards.

More cake will eventually come along so you don't have to stress as if it is the last piece of cake you will ever get the chance to eat.

Now, can somebody tell me why the air conditioner air smells like it's emitting powdered doughnuts over here? Is the fat fairy outside sifting it over the air conditioner to let it in?

I'm going to bed and hoping the fat fairy gets tired of standing out there with her sifter and bags of powered sugar.

Photos
    View albums

lol thanks a need that!! Mya** already had some this afternoon and I was ALREADY mad at myself when it started talking to me agan
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2

Photos
    View albums

leave the cake alone!!! its evil!!!! u'll hate urself in the morning if u eat it...trust me i was just there thursday night..and friday morning i wanted to kill myself b/c of it lol. DONT DO IT!!!!
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

Default Food Talking to Me again

Remind me again I am trying to lose weight not gain it right! Had a family cookout today and I have a German chocolate caking that is in the kitchen calling my name Come on let me have it tell me what a dumb a** I will be if I walk in there and eat it!! See even posting a vent helps. If DH doesn't eat it tomorrow it goes in the trash
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2