OT: How embarrassing (vent!!!)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Phen Newbie

Hi, Glad to see everyone making progres to meeting their goals. However I have a problem. I'm having trouble going to the bathroom. I really need some help in this area. I tried everthing and nothing seems to be working. I'm in so much pain, to the point where I can't sit down. Please help.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Scat I am with u....look at the price. I dont believe in if you have to ask how much u dont need to buy it. WTH? Oh I am asking because I dont just throw my money away. Losingweightn08, I would have died that day. That was very classless behavior.

lol scat your crazy!

ot... did you see the pics of emma in the outfit you sent her?

2/10/08 - 3/08/08** -19 (Month 1 on Phen)
    3/15/08 - 4/05/08** -31 (Month 2 on Phen)
    4/12/08 - 5/03/08** -35 (Month 3 on Phen)
    5/10/08 - 5/31/08** -45 (Month 4 on Phen)
    6/07/08 - 6/28/08** -49 (Month 5 NO Phen)
    7/12/08- 7/26/08 ** -58 (Month 6 on Phen)

month 5 results
    1st mini goal=215 met
    2nd mini goal=200 met
    3rd mini goal=185 met
    4th mini goal= 170

Okay y'all i am confused...we're talking about somebody acting like a damn FOOL...why is this a black/white thing now?

As far as ghetto, white trash, redneck, etc..I am born and raised in DA BRONX and I'll tell you right now I saw FOOLS in every color.......and they all irritate me....(although I'll take a sista fool over some white one any day but that's just me.......)

oh mmaaaaaaaaannnn....You know I worked in a restaurant for years and people like that would just get me crazed...don't order something unless you know the price first........and then the guy was nice enough to want to give it to her free and she still had a tude...girl i don't blame you for being embarassed...and it ruined y'all's night out too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skydreama View Post
    Losingweight08-

I would have been mortified!! I am the General Manager of a retail store and let me tell you - this is not uncommon - people - all different types - do this all the time and when they leave i ALWAYS ask - Who raised them??? My mom woulda beat me if I acted like that in public as a child and I could only imagine what she would say to me if i did that as an adult!

Sorry you didnt get to see your movie - I hope you get to see it soon without the drama lol
    thats exactly the reason i was embarrassed! most of the jobs ive worked have been in retail. like when i worked at a grocery store my senior year, some people would come through my line with a huuuuge cart full of stuff, and when its time to pay, they talk about "omg thats soo much i didnt think it would cost this much! what about my safeway card its sposed to take money off! i dont havre enough to pay for this" so in the end, i just wasted 10 minutes bagging and ringing up groceries & i have to call the manager over and explain to her y I need to void the transaction. thanks for the compliment tho ladies
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Losingweight08-

I would have been mortified!! I am the General Manager of a retail store and let me tell you - this is not uncommon - people - all different types - do this all the time and when they leave i ALWAYS ask - Who raised them??? My mom woulda beat me if I acted like that in public as a child and I could only imagine what she would say to me if i did that as an adult!

Sorry you didnt get to see your movie - I hope you get to see it soon without the drama lol
    SW:268
    LW:210
    CW:230
    GW:175

"You never know what you can do until you try"

Prncssmn7

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheelgirl View Post
    Itzbabyphat - now thats pure comedy. LOL

Bandm & Raquel - love what you had to say.

Princss - Welcome to the community. Ref your 2nd paragraph, good point, but maybe in your world, but not mine. I grew up & live in a military community which is really diverse.
    Losingweight - I too admire your maturity.

Hey there, thank you. Nah, I'm mixed, REALLY mixed. But I know my world isn't like everyone else's. I welcome all as does everyone I have in my life, but I can't play blind or ignorant to those who keep to their own. My world truly is the Rainbow Connection... I was just giving another point of view, not my own.

Itzbabyphat - now thats pure comedy. LOL

Bandm & Raquel - love what you had to say.

Princss - Welcome to the community. Ref your 2nd paragraph, good point, but maybe in your world, but not mine. I grew up & live in a military community which is really diverse.

Losingweight - I too admire your maturity.

Height 5'7
    SW - 178 (2-20-08)
    GW- 155
    Lost 16.4 lbs in 6 weeks on phen
    Lost additonal 9.6 after phen from 4-9-08 to 6-20-08
    Below goal & size 8 in most things 6-20-08

DESPERATELY TRYING TO MAINTAIN!

LIFE AFTER PHEN CHALLENGE

[[/url]

Diamond Phenster

LosingWeight you always impress me with your maturity for your age.

In the past, when I bothered myself with such ilk ... I use to say " I see we have a honor student from the school of class"
    or something to acknowledge that person's poor behavior. I use to think if I pointed it out to them in some way or fashion that I could change/ help them but it's just the opposite - people like attention, that's why they act in such behaviors so I learned a long time ago just to ignore them and excuse myself gracefully from the space we were sharing. Because I could really lose myself with WHY people do what they do. UGH and I've wasted way too much of my brain and time to trying to understand.

Just a side note: Dog trainers will tell you - praise the positive, ignore the negative. Dogs, like children (insert immature people) want attention any kind of attention they can get. So if they can't get it one way, they will quickly get it another. Ever see a kid go from good to bad in 0-60 and hear an adult say .. "Stop that" "Why can't you just _______?"
    however, when they were playing good .. not *bothering the adult the adult didn't bother w/ any attention.
    Hey - they got attention.

Sometimes my mouth still gets the best of me, some people ... it's just easy. Had I been in your place last night ...

I could have easily pulled off "Ohh my goodness - can't wait till my brother get's his next wife"

You keep taking the high road ... you are SO going places!
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Bronze Phenster Hangin' in there's Avatar

Default Great Reply Prncssmn7!

You can't take what someone else does and own it. I understand your frustration because it was most likely obvious that you were in the place together. More than likely, no-one else that was in the resturant is still thinking about the situation so don't stress. It seemed to me that the manager must get a lot of complaints as he was so quick to offer a free meal.

Prncssmn7

I wouldn't take her embarrassment and make it your own, LoSingWeightin08, that is all on her. But I would make it clear to her that until she goes to Charm School that she'll be left at home.

As far as the color thing, the OP is black. Since most people marry someone that mirrors their own family, it's a natural thought progression that her SIL is as well. If the OP was white, I am sure everyone would have thought the SIL was, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Band Mamma View Post
    Wow! You mean I could have pitched a fit instead of just s u c k ing it up and paying $70 bucks for so-so pizza the other day? Sure it was my fault I converted Euros to dollars incorrectly in my head, but it really was too much to pay even though I chose to eat there AFTER reading the menu outside the bistro that had the prices listed.
    I'll have to remember that.
    I don't think of it as either ghetto or redneck. I think of it as a lack of class. There are some people who you insist on paying their way when you hang with them to avoid such scenes. Of course, these are also the same people you choose not to go out in public with very often, either. Just as I wouldn't take a 2 year old to the symphony, I don't take fit throwers out in public. They are best left at home with babysitters until they are mature enough to sit still, be quiet, and behave in general.
    ur right band. however, i thought at 30y.o. , she'd b mature by now..guess i was wrong!

Starting over again!!!!

Wow! You mean I could have pitched a fit instead of just s u c k ing it up and paying $70 bucks for so-so pizza the other day? Sure it was my fault I converted Euros to dollars incorrectly in my head, but it really was too much to pay even though I chose to eat there AFTER reading the menu outside the bistro that had the prices listed.
    I'll have to remember that.
    I don't think of it as either ghetto or redneck. I think of it as a lack of class. There are some people who you insist on paying their way when you hang with them to avoid such scenes. Of course, these are also the same people you choose not to go out in public with very often, either. Just as I wouldn't take a 2 year old to the symphony, I don't take fit throwers out in public. They are best left at home with babysitters until they are mature enough to sit still, be quiet, and behave in general.

Quote Originally Posted by itzBabyPhat View Post
    Well at least she is MARRIED into the fmily, my sister....my flesh and blood, would of done the same thing! I took her to a Japenese resturant , I told her ahead of time that we would be going to this place and that it was hecka nice in Beverly Hills (i'm og from LA but I live in Sac now, I was visiting) and when we walked in about 10 deep started yelling "oh hell naw, I dont f wit sushi" pointing at people's food saying wtf is that. I wanted to crawl under the table and pray for her to be zapped into space....instead I ordered Saki and ignored her for the rest of the night.....so I know how you feel, believe me its nothing new to me. I cant take that broad no where!
    oh gosh i think i woulda just died if that happened to me!!! every1 knows japanese restaraunts are no joke when it comes to prices...oh lawwwwwwwwwwd!

Starting over again!!!!

Well at least she is MARRIED into the fmily, my sister....my flesh and blood, would of done the same thing! I took her to a Japenese resturant , I told her ahead of time that we would be going to this place and that it was hecka nice in Beverly Hills (i'm og from LA but I live in Sac now, I was visiting) and when we walked in about 10 deep started yelling "oh hell naw, I dont f wit sushi" pointing at people's food saying wtf is that. I wanted to crawl under the table and pray for her to be zapped into space....instead I ordered Saki and ignored her for the rest of the night.....so I know how you feel, believe me its nothing new to me. I cant take that broad no where!
    1/16/2009 Starting over is so f'in hard!
    7/1/08 251 lost 26 pounds, gained 21 back pounds by 1/1/09
    SW 246
    1/13/2009 241 w/Phen
    Started Low Carb
    01/19/2009 237
    02/23/2009 223
    03/29/2009 204
    04/16/2009 199.9
    05/04/2009 204.5 6 wk body makeover (mini)
    05/29/2009 188.32 (16 pounds in 3 weeks)
    08/10/2009 178.64 Slow but stil going
    09/19/2009 166
    11/1/2009 157
    1/30/10 166 tha holidays!!
    back at it no phen in 2 months grrrr!!

Me 08/19 174

Quote Originally Posted by map girl View Post
    There's a time and place to be ghetto, redneck, whatever. I'm sorry your SILE chose tonight to act that way.

Now crafty there is a difference in redneck, good Ole boys and white trash...being from the south you should know that.

**lame a ss attempt at being funny
    ha ha I got it!!! Yeah cause I got the redneck thing down but I am only white trash some of the time

I really am the redneck of my family!!!! You might be a redneck if you have ever had a child's bicycle seat attached to your 4 wheeler
    SW 5/24 188.8 started Phen
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/6 180 week 2 (179 @home)
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2
    7/31 172 WTH Start 37.7 tomorrow
    Avatar is me @ my wedding in 2001

yea foolishness, ghettoness & redneckness(is that a word? lol ) knows no color. But just so ya kno my sil is black lol

Starting over again!!!!

Oh Libby, not you! I should have been clearer. What mostly offends me is that when someone is telling a story about someone acting out or doing something wrong, I hear other black people say, I bet they were black. Foolishness has no color. lol

Height 5'7
    SW - 178 (2-20-08)
    GW- 155

[[/url]

There's a time and place to be ghetto, redneck, whatever. I'm sorry your SIL chose tonight to act that way.

Now crafty there is a difference in redneck, good ole boys and white trash...being from the south you should know that.

**lame a ss attempt at being funny
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Sorry if i offended you. And I assumed she was black, which i could of been wrong, but i wasnt corrected so i didnt think about it any further.

as for the ghetto it is still used to refer to a section of town... but not as much as it is used to refer to a way a person acts. ANYONE can be ghetto

month 5 results
    1st mini goal=215 met
    2nd mini goal=200 met
    3rd mini goal=185 met
    4th mini goal= 170

Hmm, how do we even know the sil is black? I didn't see where the OP mentioned her race. I'm not sure why I am offended by these comments, but I am.

Sorry your sil felt the need to be rude & voice her feelings so loudly. She sounds immature. I have always thought of the term ghetto as a section of a city. Keep in mind that I am probably 15 yrs older then some of you, so look over me.

Height 5'7
    SW - 178 (2-20-08)
    GW- 155

[[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by LoSingWeightin08 View Post
    i told her that she was acting real ghetto and she was like "well idc i guess i'm just ghetto then". being ghetto is nothing to be proud about, just my opinion.
    YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH I AGREE WITH YOU HERE!

month 5 results
    1st mini goal=215 met
    2nd mini goal=200 met
    3rd mini goal=185 met
    4th mini goal= 170

So sorry... I think we can all relate, families do and say things that embarrass us.
    We could have a contest here and now… and I’m sure it would be difficult to pick a winner, or should I say loser…LOL
    At least now, you know what you’re dealing with, and next time you can run interference for your fine self!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHf5sfG/]

i told her that she was acting real ghetto and she was like "well idc i guess i'm just ghetto then". being ghetto is nothing to be proud about, just my opinion.

Starting over again!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast