Down and Out

Thread: Down and Out

Bronze Phenster angeleyes_38829's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for your reply, I just wanted to make sure that I wasnt just over analyzing or being jealous or *****y. Maybe I will get a hobby..hmmm what can I do??? I will think on that one.

*SW* 260.8~ 07/29/08~ (doctors scale)

*JeRi*

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Yeah, your SIL seems to have a bit of an ego now.....mine does too. We were at the pool over the 4th of july holiday and she seemed to be a little on the rude side. I even told my hubby that I felt really uncomfortable. I guess we can see it in a different light though.....They are much healthier now and they still battle their demons.....my sil has to go to therapy because even though she can't eat she still really wants to AND she can't reverse it either like we can.
    But as the eating goes I feel like Ive had lapband surgery. I had a pickle for lunch and then hubby and I went to TGIFridays and a got soup and had mabye five or six sips and I felt sooooo full.... I didn't want to eat it in the first place but I didn't want to pass out from not eating!
    Talking about getting a hobby, that is a perfect idea....Literally since I started Phen I have been learning how to play guitar with my family (almost everyone but me plays) and it is soooo addictive I got my own guitar!!!
    Last edited by katy625; July 19th, 2008 at 10:22 PM.

Photos
    View albums

Thanks Dimples you are such a sweetheart! Now I know why I joined this site.....because of people like you. Thank you!

*JeRi*

Photos
    View albums

Wink my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by angeleyes_38829 View Post
    Thanks you guys. I know this is something I have to do for myself and I am feeling like for my marriage too. The other day hubby made a "fat" remark when I was getting out of the car at Wal Mart and it really hurt my feelings. He laughed it off and said he was just kidding, but I know its true. I also know if it didnt bother him that I was this size he wouldnt have said anything in the first place. How could he be so cold, he is generally a sweet understanding person and my best friend as well. I am afraid that he is really getting disgusted with me and I am already disgusted with myself. I dont look good to myself when I look in the mirror, how can I expect him to be any different. I wouldnt be attracted to myself the way I look now. My sister in law used to catch all the hell and jokes (not from me but other family members) but now that she has had her gasteric bypass and under 200 pounds I am the heaviest one of my in laws...family can be a *****.

FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO SAY! AND DONT EVER FORGET THAT YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! ABOUT THE EATING AND LOSING WEIGHT. ......FIRST OF ALL LOSE THE WEIGHT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO AND NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE. TURN YOUR OBSESSION OF YOUR WEIGHT INTO YOUR DESIRE TO EATING HEALTHY! I HAVE 2 YOUNGER SISTERS THAT ARE VERY SKINNY BUT SHAPLEY THAT GETS ALL THE ATTENTION. MY MOM WOULD GET ON ME ABOUT MY WEIGHT AND WOULD MAKE COMMENTS WHEN I WOULD TAKE MY SISTERS OUT TO EAT AT RESTURANTS. TELLING ME THAT I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT AND SO ON. AND THIS WOULD OFTEN HURT MY FEELINGS. BECAUSE I FEEL MY BODY DOESNT DEFINED WHO I AM AS A PERSON. I WOULD RATHER HAVE A BIG HEART THAN TO BE SKINNY AND HEARTLESS. ( JUST HOW I FEEL PERSONALLY). THEN I REALIZED THAT YOU KNOW WHAT I WILL LOSE MY WEIGHT WHEN I AM READY TO COMMIT TO EATING HEALTHY! ALOT OF PEOPLE I HAVE NOTICED WOULD BE SO ENGULT WITH TRYING TO FINDING A QUICK FIX TO LOSING WEIGHT QUICKLY THAT AFTER LOSING THE WEIGHT THEY WOULD FALL SHORT ONCE MORE. AND AFTER A WHILE GAIN MORE WEIGHT. OR OTHERS HAVE LOST WEIGHT AND BECOME CRAZY WITH IT. LOSING TOO MUCH WEIGHT. .........
    SO FOR ME I DECIDED I WANTED TO NOT ONLY LOSE WEIGHT BUT ALSO LEARN TO EAT RIGHT. ONCE IM FINISH WITH PHEN I WANT TO BE ABLE TO EAT HEALTHY FOR LIFE. ...........................
    .............. SO TO HECK WITH WHAT YOUR FAMILY THINK! DO YOU! BE HEALTHY! AND EATING RIGHT WILL GET YOU THERE!
    ...................AS FAR AS BEING HUNGRY...I THINK YOUR EATING OUT OF BOREDOM SO GET A HOBBY! OR LIKE ONE PERSON SUGGESTED EAT ICE. BETTER YET JUST KEEP FRUITS AROUND, OR NUTS. CHOMP ON SOME CELERY !
    YOU WILL BE OK! I JUST KNOW IT!

SW 192LBS 7/12/08
    GW 140-150LBS

7/12/08 - 192lbs
    7/17/08 - 189 lbs (not bad since i didnt do any exercise)
    8/07/08 - 187lbs (no phen)

Photos
    View albums

I totally agree. Its is hard though. I told myself the same thing and I guess I just got in a comfort zone and took for granted that she would always be a little bigger than me but now talk about uncomfortable....especially at family dinners. Considering she can only eat something the size of an egg and she is full, what she eats compared to what everyone else does make us all look like pigs. And she dont care to say that either...she is like " I get so disgusted now watchin people eat a "normal" amount of food because it just looks like so much to me now" I was also wondering if the surgery changed your sister in laws personality? Me and my sister in law used to be sooo close but now its like she is so different. I see her looking at overweight people different than she did before. She promised that the surgery wouldnt changer her but I think it has. I dont think we can ever be as close as we used to anyways. Another thing she is always telling me "if my weight loss starts bothering you, you need to talk to me about it because I know you will probably at some point develop hard feelings against me and we will need to talk about that when it happens so you dont resent me in the long run" she went thruough the same thing with her friend when her friend had the surgery before her and she thinks I will be the same way, now I am not goin to say it dont bother me, it does but she is making it out to be a much bigger thing. And I hate it when we are discussing weight loss and she pops up and says well if you would eat the portion size that I do, you would lose weight too.....I hate that because she was here once, she was even bigger than me and I never once threw my size up in her face or treated her any different of made her feel self concious....sorry to vent

*JeRi*

Photos
    View albums

You sound just like me! My Sister in law had the bipass surgery (she was always the heaviest at close to 300lb) and I told myself there is no way i would let her pass me up.......well a year later...she did and is now wearing a size 6 and Im still at 200lbs. My hubby cracks jokes at my other SIL who weighs exactly what I weigh and I'm like HELLO do you not realiize we are the same freakin weight and your cracks at her are also directed at me. Boys can be so stupid....I would say men but they don't always act like it.......the sad thing is......and we know this....is that our hubbies and/or boyfriends will most likely give us way more attention once we are thinner.....annoying as hell I thimk but its true.....but I too am doing this for myself and that is who matters the most.

Photos
    View albums

Thanks you guys. I know this is something I have to do for myself and I am feeling like for my marriage too. The other day hubby made a "fat" remark when I was getting out of the car at Wal Mart and it really hurt my feelings. He laughed it off and said he was just kidding, but I know its true. I also know if it didnt bother him that I was this size he wouldnt have said anything in the first place. How could he be so cold, he is generally a sweet understanding person and my best friend as well. I am afraid that he is really getting disgusted with me and I am already disgusted with myself. I dont look good to myself when I look in the mirror, how can I expect him to be any different. I wouldnt be attracted to myself the way I look now. My sister in law used to catch all the hell and jokes (not from me but other family members) but now that she has had her gasteric bypass and under 200 pounds I am the heaviest one of my in laws...family can be a *****.

Photos
    View albums

You haven't started yet..... Let me just say that you WILL be motivated when you start. This is my second day on Phen and have no appetite and do not think of food at all......before 2 days ago I overate at every meal and snacked a billion times a day....sometimes out of stress of my work, other times boredom, other times it was because I have a terrible TERRIBLE Sweet tooth. I have been literally amazed at how well it is working and how good I feel.....I've read that docs used to give Phen out as an anti depressant, so maybe it is why I have been in a much better mood.......DON"T get discouraged!!! Not too much longer and you will be feeling much better!

Photos
    View albums

tried eating ice instead..i dont knwo where you are, but we have stores that sells crushed ice..so good or try eating a hard candy instead. Get up and get busy..distract yourself.

Good luck
    Started Phen: 4/22/14 SW: 214.2

Photos
    View albums

Unhappy Down and Out

Ok you guys I need some encouragement....today it seems like all I have done is eat eat eat. I havent started taking my phentermine pills yet, I go to the doctor Tuesday the 29th to get started. I am just down and out...feeling a little depressed. Not to mention I am trying to quit smoking completely (have quit completely around hubby he doesnt know I still smoke every now and then) but when I want a cigarette that is the first thing I do is put food in my mouth. Before quitting smoking I weighed around 260, today I weighed and the scale said 267 thats 7 pounds in a little over a month. I guess it could be boredom too, hubby works 2nd shift so I am home alone 99.99999% of the time and that's what I do, eat. How do I get out of the rut of depending on food for emotion, boredom, etc.......maybe when I actually get to start my pills I will get more motivated.