OT just venting

Thread: OT just venting

Photos
    View albums

Yay for you for doing something about it!!!!!
    If we all do this, we can "cure" each and every one of them. LOL

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

call me, we can go garage saling..i need baby stuff
    Started Phen: 4/22/14 SW: 214.2

Photos
    View albums

she is a bridesmaid, like i said she is seriously my only girlfriend within 3 hours of here. (But not my maid of honor, and I actually had to tell her why when I she found out lol) But I know for a fact that she would never screw up on something that important and we'll be getting ready starting at 10am at the wedding location for a 7pm wedding so I know she'll be there on time. It really ****s that she acts so stupid sometimes cause we've been friends for like 6 years and the only one that hasn't moved away to a big city. I gave her a taste of her own medicine yesterday and she got the hint and aplogized and helped me clean house for like 5 hours today. I just wish I got a house cleaning like this everytime she efffed up, it would be like having a maid come once or twice a month for free LMAO.

!!!

1/9/09
    height: 5'6"
    weight: 146.00

Prncssmn7

She does it because you let her. Next time she calls, tell her that you've made plans with people who actually show. She's not a real friend, Hon. Friends don't flake.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel View Post
    My exact concerns - even if just a guest, it's so inconsiderate and rude to show up late. ESPECIALLY for someones special day.

the silence of the room ... you are about to exchange vows, then BAM the doors open in the back!

I think I need to go there to stand guard! LOL
    showing up late is just tactless! she isnt a bridemaid or something tho is she? b/c if she is..talk about awkward..
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Cmarie123 View Post
    I think if I were you I would just stop making plans with her. Did you ever hear from her? I hope she isn't an important part of your wedding. Do you think she will show up for that??
    My exact concerns - even if just a guest, it's so inconsiderate and rude to show up late. ESPECIALLY for someones special day.

the silence of the room ... you are about to exchange vows, then BAM the doors open in the back!

I think I need to go there to stand guard! LOL
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

I think if I were you I would just stop making plans with her. Did you ever hear from her? I hope she isn't an important part of your wedding. Do you think she will show up for that??
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyStar View Post
    well I'm not any less p issed, but in her defense she really does try to be a good friend, but "bless her heart" she's just not always ALL THERE if ya know what I mean. She's a sweet girl but she's taking a little longer than some to mature and think rationally and responsiably like an adult. She just needs to find the man she's gonna marry so she can settle down and do some growing up. I'm slowly getting through to her in some aspects of her life but good lord it take time and perseverence.
    Got news for you girlfriend, marrying a man doesn't make you grow up. This girl needs either a swift kick in her *** bc she thinks she is so important she can be late or some therapy to see why she is clueless to the world around her. Either way if you choose to be her friend then you choose to put up with it....that's just how it is.
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Photos
    View albums

I know several people who are like that. What I have done is:
    Pick a semi-important event of her's and not show up.
    Ten minutes after the agreed upon time, leave and go do something fun without her.
    For chronic lateness, tell them an hour earlier than the actual time.

Try different ways to get your point across and show her how it feels to be on the receiving end of that garbage. Explain to her as nicely as you can that what is really happening is self-centeredness. She WANTS everyone to be hanging around waiting on the Princess to show up. It makes her feel needed. By getting ticked, continuing to make plans with her, waiting around, etc.... you are actually giving her the ego boost she seeks. In general, stop feeding the machine. Most people who are like this don't even realize the REAL reason they do it- they just think they get side-tracked too easily, are too busy to handle everything, someone or something always delays them, etc....

Photos
    View albums

Hi, i know your situation, i quit my crappy job in may and all my coworkers were my friends and we all hung out all the time, and 3 of those girls were probably considered close friends. one had a DUI and lost her license and i drove her around too but after i quit i dont hear from any of them. i have called and left messages in the likes of "hey remember me? it erin ya know that coworker that was your friend?" i see one girl ever few weeks and she is pregnant so i understan she has to work now to make $ and is busy, but the others have no excuse. I just stoped calling and that was that. they know how to reach me.

i can only suggest to just not take plans with this friend of yours so seriously and if something else comes up go do that. i personally wouldn't of gotten up, i would have waited for her to arrive then made her wait for me to get ready, i mean given her history why adjust your schedule for her.

good luck!

I think i lost my mind struggling to loose my extra weight.

Photos
    View albums

I think you're just gonna have to quit asking her to do stuff and say no if she asks you to do stuff. Do that for awhile and maybe she'll realize that she ****s, lol.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by dbethied View Post
    i have no advice....i don't understand people like that. i HATE when people say they are going to do something and then don't do it. i mean, if i don't want to do something i will just say NO. i think some people have a really hard time saying no because they don't want to disappoint someone or have to defend themselves. a lot of times when i say no to someone they will be like "why?! oh, come on.....etc." i can handle that, but others can't. it's still no excuse. it's really annoying and immature.
    I understand that too but it's always her ideas that she bails on...

!!!

1/9/09

Photos
    View albums

"flighty" that's it that's the word I was looking for! I used to drive always cause I have a car and she has a truck but after several times of going to pick her up and she was asleep and wouldn't answer or crashed at a friends house the night before I decided I'm not wasting my time she can spend the gas to come get me if she's actually gonna show. well i've gotten 3 "unkown" phone calls this morning and I refuse to answer "unkown" calls I'd bet it's her and she knows i'm pissed and may not answer if i know it's her, oh wait there it goes again make that 4 "unkown calls". COME ON atleast have the balls to call me without hiding...

!!!

1/9/09

Photos
    View albums

i have no advice....i don't understand people like that. i HATE when people say they are going to do something and then don't do it. i mean, if i don't want to do something i will just say NO. i think some people have a really hard time saying no because they don't want to disappoint someone or have to defend themselves. a lot of times when i say no to someone they will be like "why?! oh, come on.....etc." i can handle that, but others can't. it's still no excuse. it's really annoying and immature.

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

definitely been there with flighty friends!! me & this girl used to be bffs. we'd always talk and hang out and stuff..but then she'd start asking me places, and when i'd tell my parents and get ready & everything, she'd call and say "oh i cant make it, maybe another time". omg the last time we made a plan to go 2 the movies, she was supposed to call me in the afternoon after her dance class (she was a competitive dancer ) so we could pick out a movie time. NEVER CALLED. i called her like 4 times but she didnt return my calls, so i was like forget it. Then @ 9pm that night she calls me talking about "omg me & my friends just went to see (insert movie name) tonight it was so good!" That pissed me off in all sorts of ways. First ur not gonna call me, and then second ur gonna call me later and throw it in my face that u went to see the movie that u asked ME to go with u, with somebody else?! Needless to say, I stopped talking to her after that. I don't have very good luck with picking good friends :-(
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

My situation isn't exactly the same as yours...but here it is anyway.

There were three of us that were supposed to be best friends. Graduated highschool and went to the same college. Towards the end of the first year, one started going against me. Okay so i stopped being friends with her for good during our 2nd year of college. Well my friend and the non friend started going their separate ways also. Me and the friend were great friends, did most everything together, blah blah blah. Well then she started hanging around with the old non-friend again...and started ditching me to do things with her. I got mad. Needless to say we stopped being so friendly for awhile. We moved out of our apartments and all this jazz. Well the old non-friend showed her true colors once again to my friend...and they are no longer friends. The friend and I are still good friends...we just don't see each other often, as now we live in different towns.

I know how you feel though, it pisses me off to no end when ppl make plans and they break them without any kind of indication other than not showing up.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have family, well to be fair its my husbands side of the family, who has issues of being "on time" and "following through". Over the years I have learned to accept that they have limitations, just like everyone else. I know that they mean well, but if I really want to go somewhere with them I plan the event, tell them when I will pick them up, and I drive. Honestly, that is the only way it gets done. Otherwise, the family will say "ya let's do that" and then nothing ever happens. If your friend is that good of a person just accept that she has limitations and you may need to be the driving force for somethings.

Photos
    View albums

well I'm not any less p issed, but in her defense she really does try to be a good friend, but "bless her heart" she's just not always ALL THERE if ya know what I mean. She's a sweet girl but she's taking a little longer than some to mature and think rationally and responsiably like an adult. She just needs to find the man she's gonna marry so she can settle down and do some growing up. I'm slowly getting through to her in some aspects of her life but good lord it take time and perseverence.

!!!

1/9/09

Photos
    View albums

SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT SHE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A TRUE FRIEND TO ME

Photos
    View albums

Default OT just venting

So I have this friend, she's my only girl friend left in this tiny town after college, and she just can't seem to understand how rude it is to not show up when you have plans. So I'm talking to her last night around 11:30 and she's like "hey, we should go to garage sales in the morning we haven't done that in forever" me: "ok sounds fun, what time?" her: "how about we get up at 7 and head out" me: "ok but you pick me up and call me on your way becuase i'm not getting my happy a s s out of bed at 7 in the morning if your gonna no show again...(slight giggle so as not to sound ***** lol)" her: "ok I'll call you when I get up, bye" So this morning around 7:30 i woke up and relized i hadn't heard from her so i sent her a text message "garage sales?" reply "sure, be there in a sec" that was at 7:36 and i'm obviously not out garage saling yet and it's 9:00 with no response to a text 30 minutes ago and no answer to a phone call 15 minutes ago! Seriously how can people be so disrespectful! All she had to say when I texted her "garage sales?" was "no i'm tierd maybe another weekend" and I would have stayed in bed and been happy, but no she said ok so I got up started a load of laundry fed the dog and waited and waited and waited. It's not like she doesn't know how p i s s e d I get when she pulls this imature c r a p, so why does she still do it? AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

!!!

1/9/09