"The Bra Lady" Store on Lexington Avenue
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

yeah i hear you ladies, bra's are a mother... i went up a cup size and a half...cant find the half size though DD is too big and im spilling out of the Dcups... i cant fit into clothes because of my boobs! i hate that most of all. I used to be a C cup and hope once i loose the weight the boobies will shrink too! i cant believe you weigh 137 and still have huge boobs, hopefully they will be the next thing to loose weight! good luck to you, i know how frusterating it can be, not to mention uncomfortable and pianful.

I think i lost my mind struggling to loose my extra weight.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster

Sheesh. My boobs were the first thing to go They look better now though...I refuse to buy any new clothes till I'm at goal (including bras). I think I'm a c cup now. I have the problem of one being WAAAAY bigger than the other. Is this common? I've heard people say that it is normal but mine is VERY lop-sided....probably a whole size....
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie

yup, i feel like i got some kind of orthopaedic bra on or something, but i bought it because i'm so tired of feeling uncomfortable....the felina bra that I bought is super nice but I can't wear that every day, and the straps are thin so they hurt a little. the girl at teh store said they sell some kind of cushions to put under the straps....great..so now i'm going to be wearing shoulder pads....

i used to love love love lingerie, so now that i can only wear big parachute bras I'm really stressin', but like i said before, just another reason to want to lose weight....woot woot

Quote Originally Posted by scatanafas View Post
    i was always confused when i met a larger women with an A or B cup.....I guess then it is hard to be sized too......lane bryant has alot of bra sizes though....
    Yeah thank GOD for lane bryant. That was the only place I could find a bra that mostly fit, and did what i wanted it to. And not to mention my left boob is like almost a cup bigger than my right. So I always have gappage in my right cup....or a bulging boob in the left one. HAHA.

The last time I went to lane bryant they pissed me off. They were having their semi annual bra sale. Buy 2 get 2 free. GREAT SALE!!! I get there...and all the pretty fun colors they had NO cup sizes smaller than a D. I was super pissed. I asked the deal was "oh we haven't gotten them yet." So I'm like what am I supposed to do? Buy 4 beige plain bras? I don't think so!! They told me they would have some in two weeks. And i'm like what good is that gonna do because the sale will be over by then and I don't freaking live here to just come everyday to look!! I was not happy!!

So girl, I feel ya, it's just the opposite problem! And I refuse to wear a plain beige bra that looks old lady. I am 24, i want something cute!!

i was always confused when i met a larger women with an A or B cup.....I guess then it is hard to be sized too......lane bryant has alot of bra sizes though....

Scat, if you know which size you'd wear in this felina bra...if Macy's doesn't have your size in store, maybe they carry it online. Or ask the sales clerk if they can order it for you in a bigger size! But based on my experience in my own little macy's (that I used to work at), we didn't have anything compared to the bigger stores. Since you're in NY, surely they carry mostly everything!!!

Now girls, I have the opposite problem. I am a big girl with itty bitty titties. Do you know how hard it is to find a 42B? The only place I could attempt to find one was in Torrid or Lane Bryant. In the department stores the big girl bras were ALWAYS the minimizers that started at like 40D. I sure as hell don't need a minimizer of any sort, lol. Luckily for me though I am sooooo much smaller around up top, that I can almost fit a 38 C. I will be there soon, I promise! I just wanna be able to go to any store, whether it be victoria's secret, fredricks of hollywood, macy's, hell even JCPenny and find a bra that fits.

How frustrating. I hope you eventually find a bra that fits great and you like.

I went bra shopping just the other day(my stupid dog chewed my bra up )and I ended up buying 36 B . I still can't believe it LOL.I used to be a size 46DD!!!

Yup, I'm glad you hear me girl......I just look kind of deformed this way....i have a small waist and then monster boobs....clothes don't fit right....I know I have bigger problems but this boob issue is just adding to it. I refuse to buy any more bras in an F cup cause I want these puppies to shrink back down to comfortable D cups.....

Quote Originally Posted by scatanafas View Post
    LOL...Girl I hear that! We can get the work done together and then recover at the Beverly Hills hotel or something like the famous people do.....then go home and deny that we had any work done!!

Thing is girl that when I weighed less than I do now my boobies were a decent size and I was wearing really nice bras....clothes just looked better on me...now when I get dressed all you see is boobs...it is so irritating..I know that some women enjoy looking like a stripper but that's not my thang........I think smaller boobs make you look "neater" and more "put together"...I'm not saying I want to be a B cup or something......just want my old boobs back....Just another reason for me to want to lose wight and shape up........
    LMAO... I TOTALLY get what you are saying. I think that smaller boobs look "neater" too. No offense to anyone who is well endowed.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    I'll be D AMNED if we are not somehow related. First the hip thing and now the impossible to fit boobies. I have ALWAYS had enormous boobs. But now they are just plain ridiculous. I tried to get fitted to and the bras just weren't right. I am waiting until I reach my goal to go to Nordstrom's for a fitting and praying that works out.

If all else fails I guess we will both be going under the knife for boob work and to rid us of our hips. I will start the search now for a location and we may just be lucky enough to get a package deal. Half off the second boob? Pay for two thighs get two free???

LOL...Girl I hear that! We can get the work done together and then recover at the Beverly Hills hotel or something like the famous people do.....then go home and deny that we had any work done!!

Thing is girl that when I weighed less than I do now my boobies were a decent size and I was wearing really nice bras....clothes just looked better on me...now when I get dressed all you see is boobs...it is so irritating..I know that some women enjoy looking like a stripper but that's not my thang........I think smaller boobs make you look "neater" and more "put together"...I'm not saying I want to be a B cup or something......just want my old boobs back....Just another reason for me to want to lose wight and shape up........

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie_M View Post
    Try to find a store near you that carries the Felina brand bra line. They are very pretty, fit larger breasts without making you look like your grandmother and the cups are sewn in 3 to 5 pieces to actually fit the shape and form of a breast. They hold you up, push in from the sides a little and are very feminine. I am a 34DD which translates to an E or F cup, depending on the cut. And forget about Victoria's Secret...I hate that place. Their bras are made from small size models and NONE of them fit my breasts, they just push and crunch them and make them shapeless. Here in California, Macy's carries Felina as well as Nordstrom. I'm sure the middle to higher end dept stores there do, as well.
    One of the bras that I bought from this store was Felina..it is so pretty! It also cost 110 dollars and then I bought eh matching panty...I've seen them at Macy's and when I have money again and time I"m going back there, not sure if they'll carry an F cup though......

I really wanted to get a t-shirt bra, the molded kind but that I had no luck getting in my size......

I'll be D AMNED if we are not somehow related. First the hip thing and now the impossible to fit boobies. I have ALWAYS had enormous boobs. But now they are just plain ridiculous. I tried to get fitted to and the bras just weren't right. I am waiting until I reach my goal to go to Nordstrom's for a fitting and praying that works out.

If all else fails I guess we will both be going under the knife for boob work and to rid us of our hips. I will start the search now for a location and we may just be lucky enough to get a package deal. Half off the second boob? Pay for two thighs get two free???
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

I know what your talking about, I might be a 44 ff / g which are the same size but listed as different, or I might me a h and one even said I was a dd... maybe 10 years ago when I was 15. I have g's and im still to big. I was a ddd before I had kids and they just got so big after that. Fashion Bug is good. Also Boscovs female section does it. Some fashion bugs have that thing you stand in and it will tell you what you are.
    Starting weight 280 (before I started working out )
    Starting weight (when I started Phentermine)
    273 2/07/2008
    Week One Results
    267 2/14/2008
    Week Two Results
    261 2/21/2008
    Week Three Results
    257 2/29/2008
    July 18th 2008
    265 (starting over again)

Goal weight 120

thanks for the link to that article, I was laughing because it was sort of my experience. the bras did look like parachutes, and some of them were just so UGLY!

OK this is what he read to me... this article is also "town shop"
    http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/200...sts/index.html
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

www.orchardcorset.com
    http://www.townshop.com

These were mentioned in this article.
    http://www.salon.com/mwt/broadsheet/...tas/index.html

though that's not the article BF read me... let me see what else I can find.
    41 down 36 to go!

7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Yeah, I totally understand. I'm sorry to hear that.. you know my BF recently read me an article on salon about bra sizing and I think the article was based in NY let me see if I can find it.
    41 down 36 to go!

7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

well the whole thing is I can't do online ordering for bras, since the same size in different styles or brands don't fit the same...I really wanted to get the Tisha bra but it just didn't fit right no matter what size we tried.......I am going to try another bra place near me and see if I do better...I'm just disappointed because this place was on t.v. and everything and was in Manhattan, I was saving money all year to go to this place and it was such a let down.

there's a place in LA called the wizard of bras that carries the most unique sizes I've ever seen. not sure if they do online ordering or not though. I'm sorry, that ****s
    41 down 36 to go!

7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Silver Phenster

Try Fredericks of Hollywood. They have some super sexy bras and they carry the larger cup sizes even in the stores. If I am not mistaken they carry up to an F in the store. You can also get some awesome deals on their clearance bras. I got some a couple of months ago for $10 each and the only reason they were marked down was because the store was getting their summer colors in.

well this store was featured on "what not to wear" and I really thought they were going to perform miracles for me like htey did for the girl in the show, but they didn't do crap........just sold me too overpriced bras. Its not their fault, just my wierd sized boobs.

You don't need a reduction, just a lift... that decreases the size immensly.
    Also it's less then 5,000 and that's what loans are for...lol

I guess it depends on where you live (the price).

Oprah has great suggestions on Bras for the hard to fit....

I hate doing crunches cause my chin always ends up hitting my boobs....it s*kks. I won't ever jog/run(not that I can anyway), I'd probably kill myself with one of them..lol

I busted out in high school, by college i was a D cup..I think i always wore the wrong size bra though...

But being a D cup was alot better than what I'm hauling around now...this is ridiculouis. i feel it just adds weight to me and it is hard to work out....I hate it.

I don't know what 'small' is, I've been a D cup since 7th grade. I blame it on my heritage...damn Irish!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast