Please help: Life after Phentermine
    Prncssmn7

Just so everyone knows, 5HTP balances the serotonin levels in the brain, it's a natural alternative to drugs for bipolar people. It does control your appetite, enhance your mood and help regulate your sleep patterns as well.

Kimberly, at 95 lbs you won't be getting the necessary nutrients to exist, let alone function. Focus more on the strength and health of your body than the weight of it. You can eat more healthy food than unhealthy food with less calories. Eat wheat bread instead of white. Have a protein shake for breakfast, it will fill you up with the right kind of energy. Eat lean meat and chicken instead of fatty foods. Be sure to hydrate yourself properly. The phen will stop working. You need to get natural energy that your body won't adjust and get used to. Get regular exercise. A body in motion stays in motion and muscles weighs more than fat. HTH!

2. Advertising
    advertising

I've heard Hoodia works well too for appetite suppressant. Also Spirulina taken regularly helps. I've done a combo of hoodia and spirulina, with b12 vitamins before and it did keep me from being hungry. and the b12 gave energy.

Kimberly, I'm certainly not trying to judge and 95 pounds at 5'0" is considered in the normal range for BMI. So I can understand setting a goal for yourself. But honestly, you are within the normal range for your BMI right now, so doctors aren't going to prescribe phen for you.

You say you miss the way it made you feel. Again, I am not trying to judge, but you are aware that Phen can be habit forming right? Have you considered you might be weaning off an addiction? It is a form of emphetamine. Also, at your size, you really want to be careful messing around with drugs like hydroxycut or other stimulants, because the dosage you would need is much less than most people!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

I have heard that 5HTP works as an appetite suppressant. It's with the vitamins in the store.
    Started Phen 7/2/08
    SW: 177
    Height: 5'5"

8/6/08
    8/13/08
    8/20/08
    8/27/08
    9/3/08
    1st Goal: 164 by August 1st (-10lbs in 4 weeeks) MET! 7/19/08
    2nd Goal: 149 by September 28rd (-15lbs)
    GW: 135 by Christmas 2008

Phen Newbie

I am 5'0 ft tall. I do focus on being healthy. I do not drink any soft drinks and I do not eat meat. I am very healthy minded. I live in a small town so it seems like it is hard to find a nutritionist. For some reason since I got off of phen I cant control my cravings. This is what I needed help with. I know that I am healthy, I just need help getting back on track. I also liked how phen made me feel. I know that I am not overweight. I also understand that many people would love to weigh what I do. People have different expectations of themselves. Mine may be different than others. I was just looking for some help, but I sincerely appreciate your insight and different opinions.

You can find help with this:

Sparkpeople.com has many teams with people of your weight who are trying to maintain it.

Seriously at only 105 pounds, I don't think phen is a smart option.

Bronze Phenster

How tall are you?

So, you want to weight 95lbs? That seems a little crazy unless you are
    4'3"!!! Your doctor is doing what he thinks is right, Phen is for overweight people and 110lbs does not qualify. I think you should focus more on being healthy. Eat lots of protein and fiber and that will help fill you up. Exercise and use light weight to get toned instead of focusing on your weight!

Silver Phenster

I don't know how tall you are, but 105 seems like a very healthy weight and you should not go below that!!

I live in Villa RIca Ga just outside Atlanta

You only weigh 105??? What I wouldn't do to weigh that..Maybe your Dr feels you are at a healthy weight
    and that is why he won't prescribe it to you...maybe a nutristionist would help you....

Live, Laugh and Love every day:heartpump:

Phen Newbie

Question Please help: Life after Phentermine

Hey guys! I am new to the site but I am not new to Phentermine. I have a problem and really need help. I hope some of you can relate. I lost 30 lbs on phentermine. I still want to lose 10 lbs. My doctor disagrees and will not prescribe me any more. I was on phentermine for 2 months and as soon as I got off the med I went CRAZY with food! EVERYTHING I seen whether I truely wanted it or not went into my mouth. My problem is that I cant seem to find anything to curb my appetite. I have tried hydroxycut and it isnt working. I wish I was displined enough just to say no, but I am not. Is there anyone else who went through the STRONG cravings after getting off of Phentermine and is there anything I can take or do about it??