:::::::Push it to the LIMIT!!!:::::::
    BronzyBella

Quote Originally Posted by thin4good View Post
    Bronzy! You did an awesome job! You're so motivating!!! That is all very good advice!

Two pieces of info that might help others...

1. When using the treadmill never keep it at zero, even if all you do is a .4 incline. The zero setting is not natural for our bodies and causes us to over use ligaments in our ankles and knees and makes us tired faster. (learned this from several trainers)

2. Instead of buying a cushion to put of over your seat invest in a good pair of bike shorts! Believe it or not adding a cushion to the seat will just make you ache more because it moves too much and creates even more friction! If you look at marathon cyclists seats they are actually pretty darn hard and that's because it creates the least amount of friction. A good pair of bike shorts with the padding in the shorts is the way to go! The padding moves with you instead of against you this way. You'll feel like you're wearing a diaper at first, but trust me once you're pedaling you'll get used to it. When selecting a pair of shorts you want ones that are Seamless and anti- bacterial! Do not wear underwear under these (again another source of friction) they are designed to be worn as is. Here is the best place to buy plus size bike shorts. www.teamestrogen.com. They have a ton of sizes (up to a 4x!!!) I hope that helps!

Really good info!!! So when I jog I should at least put it on a .4, huh? That is news to me, but it makes sense. I will be doing this from now on! Also I will invest in the shorts cause I really want to keep up with the spinning. It would be ashame if a sore muffin would stop me from going to that class lol.

Quote Originally Posted by seashells_63 View Post
    Hiii Bronzy! My, my now I learned something!! Now I begin to understand now about this "to push" and "to go further" advice. I wasn't thinking! I'm to go for the hilly first. As I am deaf, I dont get to know something or to hear something more. I started the weight lifting two weeks. My arms begins to tone up!! I am seeking my dr today to check on this hip joint pain and side stomach problem I been having since a week or two after I started walking... I hope it was from hysterectomy or might be some muscles I pulled hard or hope something is not serious like cancer I had a rare sarcoma right behind the hip joint once I knew when I was excercise walking too, but now Im cancer free and its been 2 yrs now. Cross your fingers for me!

Thanks so much for your thoughts of me! You are my inspiriation!!
    I'm soooo happy to hear you beat cancer. You're one tough lady. Heck, if you beat cancer you can definately beat fat!!! You are doing an amazing jog. Good to hear you better understand this whole "push" scenario. Once you get that "push motivation" in yourself, you will be UNSTOPPABLE in every aspect of life!

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeShell View Post
    I must say I am impressed by some of the suggestions on here. I have been a certified personal trainer for 8 years and I was expecting to read some inaccurate info on this thread, but to my surprise...you have some GREAT suggestions! The number one thing to remember is don't give up!!! If you try something and you don't like it, try something else. Keep doing this until you find something you like...or at least something you can tolerate!
    Thanks! That means a lot to hear that come from an official trainer!

Ladies thanks for all the nice comments under this thread. You are all doing ah--mazing!!!!

Momto8----lol....ok maybe not many white men can jump but I bet there are 2 or 3 that can lol

2. Advertising
    advertising

Default Bronzy you are truly an inspiration...

I needed to read that post today. I had just listed my exercise bike on craigslist for sale , because it was hurting my bum :-), but now I will use a towel to cushion. After reading this I am ready to leave work and go home and "get ugly"...... I agree I used to hate to sweat, but the more sweat I see on my clothes the better. That is waht I need to do today.....Thank You for this push...!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Started 05/21- 253
    05-28- 250
    06-04- 249
    06-11-(Dr's Visit)- 248
    stopped weighing for awhile dr. out of town, lost interest for a minute
    Back on Track 07-06-08
    weighed in 07-19-08 242

Short Goal 07/04---240
    Goal: 180-200 by xmas

Awesome, Bronzy!!!!!!!!!!!!! you make me wanna go buy a bike!!!! LOL..And I would except for the fact people around here will run you over.......Rednecks don't believe in sharing the road...with their big butt trucks.!!!!!!!!
    I loved the "white men..can jump" part!!!!! So funny.....seriously, I really don't think they can though...........Shaq gets my vote any day!!! Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!!!!!!! It was great advice!!!
    ]before 220-225
    now 141
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Bronze Phenster

I must say I am impressed by some of the suggestions on here. I have been a certified personal trainer for 8 years and I was expecting to read some inaccurate info on this thread, but to my surprise...you have some GREAT suggestions! The number one thing to remember is don't give up!!! If you try something and you don't like it, try something else. Keep doing this until you find something you like...or at least something you can tolerate!

YAY! I am glad you like spinning. I was the same way! I never thought I could do it. It is now my favorite workout!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Diamond Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by seashells_63 View Post
    but now Im cancer free and its been 2 yrs now. Cross your fingers for me!

That's GREAT News ... you beat the big bad C !
    congrats!
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Hiii Bronzy! My, my now I learned something!! Now I begin to understand now about this "to push" and "to go further" advice. I wasn't thinking! I'm to go for the hilly first. As I am deaf, I dont get to know something or to hear something more. I started the weight lifting two weeks. My arms begins to tone up!! I am seeking my dr today to check on this hip joint pain and side stomach problem I been having since a week or two after I started walking... I hope it was from hysterectomy or might be some muscles I pulled hard or hope something is not serious like cancer I had a rare sarcoma right behind the hip joint once I knew when I was excercise walking too, but now Im cancer free and its been 2 yrs now. Cross your fingers for me!

What I want for Xmas is... an Onederland!!!

almost!!!

Bronzy! You did an awesome job! You're so motivating!!! That is all very good advice!

Two pieces of info that might help others...

1. When using the treadmill never keep it at zero, even if all you do is a .4 incline. The zero setting is not natural for our bodies and causes us to over use ligaments in our ankles and knees and makes us tired faster. (learned this from several trainers)

2. Instead of buying a cushion to put of over your seat invest in a good pair of bike shorts! Believe it or not adding a cushion to the seat will just make you ache more because it moves too much and creates even more friction! If you look at marathon cyclists seats they are actually pretty darn hard and that's because it creates the least amount of friction. A good pair of bike shorts with the padding in the shorts is the way to go! The padding moves with you instead of against you this way. You'll feel like you're wearing a diaper at first, but trust me once you're pedaling you'll get used to it. When selecting a pair of shorts you want ones that are Seamless and anti- bacterial! Do not wear underwear under these (again another source of friction) they are designed to be worn as is. Here is the best place to buy plus size bike shorts. www.teamestrogen.com. They have a ton of sizes (up to a 4x!!!) I hope that helps!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

BronzyBella

Ladies I'm happy you all like the info! I want to see everyone succeed and I love to see what everyone has acheived so far. I'm really proud of all of you. You are all my inspiration!

You ain't never lied!!! Girl you keep this up and you gone melt away like sugar. I am going to try to do a spin class my goal is to try to do one before August 17. You are inspiring. TY

Highest Non-Pregnancy related weight 03/08: 279
    1st Weigh-in 6/18: 262
    2nd Weigh-in 7/15: 249
    7/25: 244
    Regained all weight plus some
    01/05 265
    01/10 255

1st Mini goal: 2/05 235
    2nd mini goal: 03/05 225
    Ultimate goal : 210-215 by 05/15 Grad School Graduation!!!!

Goals subject to change based on how I look and feel as I lose weight.

This is awesome! "Push it" should be the board motto! lol.
    I actually watch TV or put a picture over my timer. It's awful to just watch, so I've got to focus on something else. It seems to go faster that way too.

Thanks Bronzy!
    First, love and accept, then change.

Toccara Jones is my avatar and inspiration. :BTW:

Bronze Phenster

Hi libby0290, I am a newbie here. it is so good to see you posting again. you know you are one of my biggest
    inspiration .

Diamond Phenster

You out did yourself woman. On your way to Alabama, stop in TN and be my personal trainer 1st!
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

bronzy this was too frickin cute! good info here too

2/10/08 - 3/08/08** -19 (Month 1 on Phen)
    3/15/08 - 4/05/08** -31 (Month 2 on Phen)
    4/12/08 - 5/03/08** -35 (Month 3 on Phen)
    5/10/08 - 5/31/08** -45 (Month 4 on Phen)
    6/07/08 - 6/28/08** -49 (Month 5 NO Phen)
    7/12/08- 7/26/08 ** -58 (Month 6 on Phen)

month 5 results
    1st mini goal=215 met
    2nd mini goal=200 met
    3rd mini goal=185 met
    4th mini goal= 170

Bronzy, why can't you move to Alabama and be my personal trainer??? lol
    Amanda in AL
    Classified Binge Eater
    SW: 1/08- 294
    04/08- 264 diet and excercise - Binge Eater- off wagon after this!
    06/03/08 271- Started Phen per doc. 37.5mg 1x/day
    6/10/08-261 WOW! 10 lbs in one week!
    6/17/08-263 BLOATED! Blah!
    6/18/08-258
    07/07/08 Overdid it this weekend! 259 Crap!
    08/01/08 257.5 WTF?
    08/05/08 TOM came and gone...Drumroll.... 249.5 YES!

Prncssmn7

I flippin' KNEW that was going to have something to do with your post...I am going to download that now for me to listen to...I love that song. Scarface may have been a drug dealer, but he did pursue his dreams and achieve them, didn't he? Thank you!

May I add some?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSFAjqkj6co

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha7pwjDz1u4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvTptAH9cn0

Last edited by Prncssmn7; July 17th, 2008 at 09:10 PM.

There is some GREAT stuff in here! I think this should be a sticky-ed thread. Permanently at the top! You are always soooo encouraging!! You're my hero for the day!

This needs to go in the information that thin4good is gonna try and post for newbies. Excellent advice!!!!

BronzyBella

Thumbs up :::::::Push it to the LIMIT!!!:::::::

These are YouTube links (virus free---promise!) of songs you could choose from to listen to, in the background, as you read this thread lol (I'm trying to create a mood here):

Seashells--I've got something for you too. Look at this before you read this!----ok it is 15 minutes later after writing that and I was on YouTube searching for something visually motivating for you...I couldn't find anything good. Sorry...but I did think about ya!

While working out I sometimes have to really push myself further than what I am used to by trying out new things. I do this mainly because I want to get stronger and better and it is something that will help push along the weight loss process...cause we all know, if your body gets used to something, it is no longer going to help you lose weight. You always have to suprise your body (like ever 6-8 weeks) with something new. Whether it be a new exercise, activity, limit, etc, your body always needs something different to keep losing weight. I have listed things that I have done to push me that extra mile

How 'bout a jog <----actually she's running but you get the point! lol
    On the days I do cardio I do intervals of jogging (about 4.8 on the treadmill). When first starting this I could only do 30 seconds, but now i am up to 1 minute 30 seconds of jogging. I don't plan on jogging for my whole cardio time cause I would prefer to stick to intervals. The intervals allows you to increase and drop your heart rate over and over again, this results in more calories burned (even more then jogging or running for the whole time). Try doing this for about 2 weeks and see how your body adjusts. Don't automatically tell yourself you CAN'T do it. It is totally possible. I was at my heaviest (307 lbs) and jogging....so, yes big girls can jog just the same as white men can jump! The two helpful hints I can give you is not to stare at the time when you jog. Just jog until you start to feel completely unable to jog anymore. Then check your time. Just set 30 seconds or 1 minute as your goal to reach. Staring at the time will only hurt you, not help you. Also when doing the jogging interval breath IN through your nose and OUT through your mouth. You will be able to jog a bit longer when doing this...TRUST ME

Go climb a hill <---I don't think anyone walks or looks like this but he was tooooo cute not to use lol
    If jogging isn't your thing then increase your incline on the treadmill. This also increases your heart rate :heartpump:. When walking on an incline (I go up to 6), you don't have walk fast...which is pretty nice (your heart rate will increase from the incline alone). When I am walking on the incline of 6 I set my speed about 2.8 or 3 (when on a 0 incline I walk at a 3.5/3.6). You can do these in intervals too, you can change them yourself or the treadmill may already have a program set. The treadmill I use, has a program called Forest Walk, which does this all for you. This is also nice because it will really tone your legs. OH...when on an incline, if you find yourself HAVING to hold on to the bars of the machine then you are too high. You want to be able to walk on it freely. Don't be afraid to lean forward and actually act like you are climbing a hill.

Spinning!
    Ok this was my challenge. Spinning was the one thing I just KNEW I would never get into. Mainly because I thought I would get too tired and also, even though I love to bike ride, the seats hurt my muffin and bum!<----it still does...I plan on buying a cushion seat to put on the bike seat . Anyway, back on topic. This is a great calorie burner and you feel good when your done. Along with the previous 2 items listed this well help build up your stamina and really sculpt your butts, thighs, and calves. I think CMarie posted something a while ago about spinning and I always kept that thread in my mind....so thanks CMarie for pushing me. I actually love the class now!

Being ugly isn't such a bad thing!
    Ok we are ALL beautiful here, but I personally take pride in walking out the gym doors looking ugly! Please take note that I drive my ugly self RIGHT home after the gym lol. If I'm not ugly I will turn around and go right back to the gym (ummm not really lol). I used to want to be cute going to the gym and during that time I lost NO weight and I was at a coed gym. To fix that problem I now only join all women gyms (this is what works best for me). When working out you WANT to sweat...the more places you sweat the better. I love coming home and looking in the mirror and seeing all of the sweat soaked in my clothes. For me, when I see that, I know I've done well. A trainer once told me "If your not sweating, then work harder!"---ever since then, I Iive by that statement when working out. You also don't want to be relaxed throught a WHOLE workout. You want to feel like you are working at some point of your workout. Another ugly thing I love is when I am doing weights or any type of exercise I make that ugly face to push myself further. This is the one thing that helps me not to give up and to keep my eyes on the prize

No "pain"---No gain!
    Don't be afraid of "pain" because chances are, it isn't pain you're feeling, just a good workout. I had to really get used to this thought because in the past I used to lift weights and as soon as I felt that muscle tense up, I would say "ok this hurts, I'm done." Train your mind to understand the difference between pain and getting a good workout. While working out, you should feel certain tensions in the muscles (not joints though---that's bad) and you should breath heavy and steadily (in through your nose out through your mouth...this really does work better than just regular breathing). When that moment comes up just push a little further. Don't let your mind trick you into thinking it is pain. Honestly the true workout or building up of muscle just STARTS when you feel that tension. That is when your body burns the most calories and builds the tightest muscles. BUT if you REALLY are experiencing pain, then by all means stop, but just try to figure out if it is true pain you're feeling.

Ok...that is all I can think of for now. I hope this is of help to at least one person. I am aware that some of these things are common sense but sometimes well need a push to do what we need to do! Please remember that we really have NO permanent limit. We can always do better and we can always push harder. It is all within our grasp if we just do it. Your body might get tired and that is fine, but once you recoop, then push again! We have come so far already. Yeah we are making use of a pill but we ALL know that we still need to work our bu.tts off! So push yourself to the next level every time you reach a certain point. Be your own trainer and own motivator. You must have that within yourself you push these limits. Try to do something you though you would never be physically able to do. If you can't do all of it, then do some if it. But push yourself to try....cause you if try you will get better!
    If you have any helpful hints tips or ideas to help other Phensters push past their limit. Please post!
    Last edited by BronzyBella; July 17th, 2008 at 10:13 PM.