in love with carbs!!! HELP!!!

It's not answering your question about carbs, but here's a suggestion. If you are still feeling hungry after a meal, most dr.'s tell you that your not consuming enough protein. Lean protein is good for you and helps you maintain that full feeling longer than sugars/carbs. Just remember lean proteins though.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster

the headaches will subside after a few days.... the initial side effects of the pill can be awful, mood swings, headaches, feling like your cracked out even..... but stick with it and you will love the results, take advantage of the loss in the first 2 or 3 weeks cause once it slows down it takes a hell of alot of work i am having to fight for every ounce i lose now...

thanks everyone for the carb help..... i guess im becoming obsessed and depressed because i am working so hard and not getting results, i know longevity is the key to weight loss success, but i cant help but feel guilty with every single bite that i put in my mouth, even if its a green salad with salsa as a dressing and a piece of turkey..... anyone else feel the same, ive given up my favorite jim beam and diet coke, and drink nothing but an occasionaly cup of tea and tons of water..... im just getting impatient and i need a boost..... hopefully when i go on the 22 and get my b12 shot it will boost my loss again...

sorry to vent haha
    Last edited by losingformywedding; July 17th, 2008 at 08:46 PM.
    6-24-08 Begin weight 153
    7-17-08 weight in 144
    7-22-08 weight in 137.5
    Goal weight 130

mini goal by 8-1-08 135 !!

Default My First Day

I started Phen today..I had such a bad headache all day long. But looking At the different picture has really engcourage me to keep going.

I agree with graphicMOM, the more I eat carbs the more I want. The low carb diet always has worked for me. The key is the exercise and you'll see results in the first few days. Drink lots of water and stick to lean proteins and dark green veggies. The best thing about low carb diets is that makes BOB (big ole belly) disappear.

If you need a crunchy fix you can put cheese in small piles on parchment paper in the microwave. Zap it for about a minute and presto!!.... you've got cheese crackers.

I'm very strict about carbs because the more I eat them the more I crave them. I can't really do fruit. I stick to green veggies because they have a lower glycemic index. Carrots and tomatoes are kind of high, so I try to avoid them. I think I'm one of the more extremists on here though, so don't feel like you have to cut them out completely to see results. That's just what works for me.

Good luck!
    SW: 307 LBS 9/16/10.
    In 2008 I lost 91 pounds, but I've gained it all back... so here I am, at square one, but not for long.

Good carbs like vegees and fruit are o.k. for most people.
    But many are extremely sensitive to the carbs in breads, rice pasta and such.

Think of enriched or white flour as sugar...

It's a once in a great while treat for me to have bread.

Ugly Truth About Flour: http://tinyurl.com/4yej8q

Replacing Flour With Whole Grain: http://tinyurl.com/52ldm9

Associated Content: http://tinyurl.com/59cc93

Bronze Phenster

hey thanks for that! i looked at my bread and ceral, i bought what was supposed to be the "healthy" stuff and it still had the high frudtose corn syrup in it, i guess im gunna have to research the foods without the crap in it, or start eating totally organic whole foods,
    6-24-08 Begin weight 153
    7-17-08 weight in 144
    7-22-08 weight in 137.5
    Goal weight 130

I can't answer your question about carbs but I can say that if you're choosing the right types of breads and cereals you can have them. Make sure it's whole wheat with NO enriched stuff! Sometimes they put enough whole wheat in that they can list it first in the ingredients and then make the rest enriched flour! Make sure there is no yucky hydrogenated oils and definitely no high fructose corn syrup, which Dr.'s Oz and Roizen have found to inhibit the hormone 'leptin' from being released. Leptin is what tells your brain you've eaten and are not hungry. Of course the right kind of fats and protein are important too.

As with everything, watch your portions. I know, easier said than done, right? But still, it is crucial.

I wish you luck!
    Started Phen 7/2/08
    SW: 177
    Height: 5'5"

8/6/08
    8/13/08
    8/20/08
    8/27/08
    9/3/08
    1st Goal: 164 by August 1st (-10lbs in 4 weeeks) MET! 7/19/08
    2nd Goal: 149 by September 28rd (-15lbs)
    GW: 135 by Christmas 2008

Bronze Phenster

Question in love with carbs!!! HELP!!!

Hi Ladies,
    My name is Brittany,
    I havent posted much, but i get alot of support out of reading everyones problems and advice!!! Ive been on phen for almost a month now, 8-10 lbs down depending on the day, but of course after the initial 2 week "melt off" my weight lost has dramatically slowed down, i havent cheated since i started, ive eaten betwen 1000-1100 calories a day and worked out just about everyday for at least 45 minutes, i know that i am building muscle, but i am still getting soooooo discouraged.....

so i am going to bump up the workouts!.... is that a good idea?, and does anyone have any other advice, i weigh 144 now and i guess since i have about 14 lbs to lose lose its twice as hard......

my question is...... how many carbs do you veteran "low carbers" think i should be eating a day, i eat very well, but i was reading a post last night and i think i might be eating a little so much sugar and way to many carbs, and what do you eat in place of bread and cereal, i am in love with them both and im having trouble finding foods that fill me up like they do....... ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6-24-08 Begin weight 153
    7-17-08 weight in 144
    7-22-08 weight in 137.5
    Goal weight 130