Weird mood swings... help!
    Photos
    View albums

That is exactly how I feel! I think i'm going crazy! :thinking: You are so lucky, Lita. I wish that had worked out for me. It's nice to know i'm not the only one tripping, lol.
    First, love and accept, then change.

Toccara Jones is my avatar and inspiration. :BTW:

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

im really glad you posted that.... i though i was in the dark feeling all depressed, and on the verge of tears all the time, it makes me feel better to know you guys are feeling the same way!
    6-24-08 Begin weight 153
    7-17-08 weight in 144
    7-22-08 weight in 137.5
    Goal weight 130

mini goal by 8-1-08 135 !!

Photos
    View albums

Lol thin4good!!! I used to be that way before phen. I guess it altered my chemical balance or something. I had bad issues with keeping my emotions/anger in check. Now it's kinda working the opposite for me. My husband looks at me every now and then and asks me if I'm ok. Of course he had gotten accustomed to the old me and is wondering what I'm plotting against him. I don't think I've ever been this calm since having a family of my own. It even creeps me out a lil that I can keep my cool in the times that I would have balled up my fist and gone running after someone to get their a** back here and stand up for themselves. I'm 5'1 and was nothing but a pure spitfire.

Photos
    View albums

LOL, Here's an embarrassing story. On the 4th, I lost it on my boyfriend and best friend (also a guy) at the same time. We'd spent the day together at the mall and grocery shopping and to be honest I'm not entirely certain what they did that made me so mad. We were all tired and ready to be home though.

Well we got home, I threw down the bags of groceries stormed off to my room and told the two of them to figure out what they wanted for dinner but I was going to bed! They both looked at each other like WTF!? I slammed my bedroom door and locked it. I have never ever behaved like that in my life. LOL, I didn't even know my bedroom door had a lock! They both came and knocked on the door and asked me to come out, and I told them to F-Off!

An hour or so later after the 2 of them had made dinner, boyfriend came to the door and said he was worried and that I really should eat something. So I walked out and proceded to tear them both a new backside! Told them I thought they were 25 and 35 not spoiled 6 year olds! Told them they never pay any attention to what I need and that it's like I'm their mom. Then I started bawling my eyes out, and proceded to scream, cry and blubber at them for 20 minutes. BF is 5'11" best friend is 6'4" and here I am this 5'2" emotional maniac going off on them, while they are scrambling trying to fix me a plate of food, hug me, apologize and pour me a glass of wine all at the same time. They finally got me to calm down enough to eat something after snotting through several napkins and almost hyperventilating for crying so hard.

10 minutes later I was fine. I apologized profusely for my behavior, and handed them both a snack pack of almonds and begged them to force feed them to me if I get like that again.

I know you guys don't know me, but I am NOT overly emotional at all. I'm not sure my best friend had seen me cry before that day. The both were looking at me like they were waiting for my head to spin around backwards.
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by KKraver View Post
    Ah! Sorry ladies, I should have gone through the archives and just looked it up. I HAD A PANIC ATTACK! Really cool, huh?

Ugh, not water! lol. I never drink water. I recently had a very bad bladder infection because of that. My doctor was not pleased to hear that I drink water about once a week, and I got a good verbal whoopin. I'm going to though, anything to get rid of some of these side effects.

THE CRYING! It's unbearable! I've cried once every day now, and I'm already emotional!

Guys, seriously...
    Okay, don't laugh, I am really not crazy.

I cried over a guinea pig yesterday!

Good Lord! It's comical now, but yesterday it was serious, man. It is an incredibly long (and laughable) story, but it was ridiculous!
    Do these side effects ever go away? Not to be rude, but is prozac pretty low on the price scale? No insurance.
    Well, here in Iowa, there are some perscriptions that are only $4 for the generic. You could also call the pharmacy and ask them. I ask my pharmacist a lot of questions even though I feel they are dumb questions, they answer them and actually dont laugh at me! LOL!!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by momkat View Post
    I have RIDICULOUSLY high deductibles on my insurance (not through work) and I get my prozac at Walmart. It's one of their $4 prescriptions!!
    Thank you! I'll look into that!

Photos
    View albums

I have RIDICULOUSLY high deductibles on my insurance (not through work) and I get my prozac at Walmart. It's one of their $4 prescriptions!!
    Started Phen 7/2/08
    SW: 177
    Height: 5'5"

8/6/08
    8/13/08
    8/20/08
    8/27/08
    9/3/08
    1st Goal: 164 by August 1st (-10lbs in 4 weeeks) MET! 7/19/08
    2nd Goal: 149 by September 28rd (-15lbs)
    GW: 135 by Christmas 2008

Photos
    View albums

Ah! Sorry ladies, I should have gone through the archives and just looked it up. I HAD A PANIC ATTACK! Really cool, huh?

Ugh, not water! lol. I never drink water. I recently had a very bad bladder infection because of that. My doctor was not pleased to hear that I drink water about once a week, and I got a good verbal whoopin. I'm going to though, anything to get rid of some of these side effects.

THE CRYING! It's unbearable! I've cried once every day now, and I'm already emotional!

Guys, seriously...
    Okay, don't laugh, I am really not crazy.

I cried over a guinea pig yesterday!

Good Lord! It's comical now, but yesterday it was serious, man. It is an incredibly long (and laughable) story, but it was ridiculous!
    Do these side effects ever go away? Not to be rude, but is prozac pretty low on the price scale? No insurance.
    Last edited by KKraver; July 17th, 2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: awful spelling

Photos
    View albums

I am experienceing the same thing I mean it is like I am walking around looking for a reason to be upset..then the next thing you know I am happy again..I am on Welbutrin and Adipex and I am still having them..I guess I am going to try to drink more water! lol

Starting Weight: 197

Mini Goal 10 pounds

WEEK 1: 193 (lost 4 lbs)
    WEEK 2: 189.5
    WEEK 3: 192
    WEEK 4:
    WEEK 5:
    WEEK 6:

10 POUND CHALLENGE BY AUGUST FIRST! IM ON MY WAY!:

Photos
    View albums

Yep, I am taking an anti depressant and the phen and there are still some days when the mood swings are there. Boyfriend always says I love the results hon, but can't wait to have the "real you" back. I normally cry maybe once a year, and I cry at least 2-3 days a week now. I've had my temper in control for years, because I have a BAD temper once I"m set off. And I've raged at least twice since on phen. It's fairly normal on Phen and I hate it.

Now I'm working on talking myself down when I see it happening. The sadness sets in if I hadn't had enough to eat and the phen is wearing off (so more towards the end of the day)

The anger seems to kick in if I have taken the phen recently and haven't eaten enough yet. Working out seems to help the anger a lot. When I went to yell I get on my bike! Good Luck!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

The mood swings are very normal! I had them the first time that I took phen. This time he perscribed me prozac with the phen and it has helped tremendously! Not sure if this is something you can check with your doctor about.

I hope that this helps! If you need to vent, we would all be happy to listen! Best of luck to you!

Teresa

Photos
    View albums

I take phenD but I used to take phen and it does give u mood swings. Thats y a lot of docs prescribe it w/some type of antidepressant to help with it. Thats wat my former doc told me.

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

It's VERY common.

Drink more water... lol ... it's my answer to everything.

Seriously in time it should pass.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

Default Weird mood swings... help!

Has anyone had problems with really bad mood swings? Since I started taking this I've been either feeling like crying, irritable, or really happy. Now today I'm getting angry again. About three months ago I was having so serious anger issues, and now it feels like it's coming back. I don't know why! Has anyone else had this problem?