Struggling..

Thread: Struggling..

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

LOL I forgot to mention ANOTHER thing =) Im taking 37.5mg a day of phen, sometimes I take only a half for a couple days since for some reason when I take a whole pill several days in a row I get an uncontrolable urge to cough all day and it gets pretty annoying me and my husband lol
    {url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjnhaWO/]

[/url]

Me now...

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kellgees View Post
    What dosgage are you taking? I was taking 15mgs the lowest and had good results but I begin to stall so I had my doc up me to 30 mg. Also how is your workout and water consumption? With me I see tremendous results when I hit the gym hard and so-so when I don't. The same with the water I drink between 3-5 litters a day. When I don't I do not see results. Also pre-packaged foods are my enemy. As much as I love lean cuisines the sodium content sabatoges me. When I eat natural whole foods sych as veggies, fruit, lean meats, brown rice, oatmeal etc. I do great. I hope this was helpful. 6.5 lbs is great based on your CW. If you are not doing some of the things I suggested try them out and I bet you see bigger numbers. GOOD LUCK!!!!
    Well, I forgot to mention some things.. I do drink water. its the only beverage I have besides fat free skim milk with my protein shake I have twice a day. I do exercise, although its not walking, I have one of those carmen electra "fit to strip" dvds and my god its a work out. not only am I sweating my butt off but it really works my muscles. I do my best to get in 64oz of water a day, but when Im at work I barely have the time to sit and drink a whole bottle of water, Im lucky if I can get one down during my whole day at work. Thats mainly because my line of work. My dvd is roughly around 45 mins long to an hr I believe, I do it usually around 3-4 days a wk. My biggest concern is Im afraid my dr will drop me off the phen if I cant get any weight down. Considering Im barely on it a month he prolly wont, but of course its a fear. One of my main reasons for trying so hard is I come here everyday and get inpiration from all of you who have lost so much, and then I picture myself in you guys' shoes soon (hopefully)

[/url]

Me now...

Photos
    View albums

i lost the bulk of my weight by counting calories and fat grams. i would eat no more than 1200 calories and no more than 25 grams of fat per day. on top of that, i would walk for 30 minutes a day and drink NOTHING but plain water. some good low fat foods are special k bars, tuna, cream cheese, fruit............25 grams is a very low fat diet and others might not reccomend it, but it has been the only thing to work for me, and you said you were desperate! good luck....u will figure it out!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

What dosgage are you taking? I was taking 15mgs the lowest and had good results but I begin to stall so I had my doc up me to 30 mg. Also how is your workout and water consumption? With me I see tremendous results when I hit the gym hard and so-so when I don't. The same with the water I drink between 3-5 litters a day. When I don't I do not see results. Also pre-packaged foods are my enemy. As much as I love lean cuisines the sodium content sabatoges me. When I eat natural whole foods sych as veggies, fruit, lean meats, brown rice, oatmeal etc. I do great. I hope this was helpful. 6.5 lbs is great based on your CW. If you are not doing some of the things I suggested try them out and I bet you see bigger numbers. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Highest Non-Pregnancy related weight 03/08: 279
    1st Weigh-in 6/18: 262
    2nd Weigh-in 7/15: 249
    7/25: 244
    Regained all weight plus some
    01/05 265
    01/10 255

1st Mini goal: 2/05 235
    2nd mini goal: 03/05 225
    Ultimate goal : 210-215 by 05/15 Grad School Graduation!!!!

Goals subject to change based on how I look and feel as I lose weight.

Photos
    View albums

Your still doing good. They always say the first 10 pounds or so is water weight, which is why it comes off so fast. Which is also why most slow down after the first week. Have you tried counting calories? Making sure you stay around a certain number? I do 1200, that may or may not be good for you, but you stay at one pace, then your body will start using the fat stored. If you are doing 500 one day and 2000 the next day, your body will stay confused and keep storing all the fat that you eat. You have to eat fat, im not sure if there is a correct amount, I dont pay attetion to it a lot. Like you already know, protie is a key. Make sure your getting LOTS of that, and try and keep your carbs on the lower side. The bad carbs anyway. There are some good carbs out there, that you need to help you lose fat. LOTS of water, and some activities. Could be something as easy as walking or something else that you like that gets you up and moving around.

After reading around here , Lots of people get stalled at one point or another. Dont let that discourage you one bit, Your still doing great. Just find a way around it, what works for you, might not work for me, what works for me, might not work for you. You just have to do some trial and error to find out what works for you.

GOOD LUCK!!
    All I want for Xmas- Onederland

Main Goal

Started 7/11 @ 260lbs.

7/13-First Weigh in- 256
    7/18- Excately 1 week on Phen- 250
    7/25-2 weeks on Phen-245
    8/4- Sq Cleanse- 241
    8/8- 238
    8/15- 235
    8/26-230
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

WEEK 3

WATER - 540 oz

EXERCISE -

WEIGHT: -3, -4, -3

Photos
    View albums

I lost 6.5lbs the first week and it seems like that happens for alot of people in the first week. The following weeks I lost 2-3 lbs and now I am losing about 1-2 lbs per week which my doc said is normal. Dont get discouraged! You can do it. Def drink lots of water as thin4good mentioned. I know its hard to stick to eating strictly healthy foods and exercise all the time but take baby steps. Its only been a few weeks and you have plenty of time to practice ; ) Good luck!

Photos
    View albums

It sounds like you've found a great resource in the daily plate. Continue to use that to help give you a guideline. Some people do a very low carb diet of less than 20 grams of carbs. Mine's more moderate at less than 130 grams of carbs in a day.

You didn't mention if you're drinking water. My doc told me a gallon of water a day. It definitely helps. The more caffeine you drink a day the more water you need tooo! So if you're a big coffee soda drinker add to that water amount!

Also, you didn't mention any type of exercise? Even a half an hour of walking a day totally helps boost your gain!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Photos
    View albums

Im sorry that you are going through this I am having the same problem (by the way congrats on your weight loss) 6.5 in two weeks is awesome if you ask me! I lost 5 pounds in three weeks! I just get down because there are people who are losing 10 pounds in 1 week...I guess we have to accept the fact that results may vary! I'm hoping things get better not only for myself but for you as well!

Starting Weight: 197

Mini Goal 10 pounds

WEEK 1: 193 (lost 4 lbs)
    WEEK 2: 189.5
    WEEK 3: 192
    WEEK 4:
    WEEK 5:
    WEEK 6:

10 POUND CHALLENGE BY AUGUST FIRST! IM ON MY WAY!:

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Unhappy Struggling..

I seem to always have a hard time when I try to do anything about my weight. Im constantly feeling like I could work my *** off days and days in a row and it not work. Or at least thats how I feel about it. It often times gets me feeling depressed and slightly mad at myself. I started phen around the end of june and went for my 2wk check-up on july 7th and I had lost 6.5lbs. since then Ive cheated and weighted myself at home and have found Ive lost nothing since my initial 6.5 lbs. I felt like the passed 2wks Ive been good.. watching what Im eating, trying to get enough protein and things, thinking Ive been eating healthy. Then I log onto thedailyplate.com and it breaks up everything you've eating into a percentage of carbs/protein/fats/sodium and so on. Of course I get upset at myself because I realize that what I THOUGHT was healthy turned out to be bad since most my food contained alot of carbs and not enough protein and prolly too much fat. I dont know much about nutrition so of course Im not sure how much fat is bad fat.. I do know how much protein I need to have for my weight on a daily basis.. Im just wondering if anyone else has a problem with trying to lose weight, and maybe some ideas on what I can do to help me lose something. I dont want to go back to the DR on the 7th and be 6wks into phen and havent lost anything since my 2wk checkup. Im desperate

[/url]

Me now...