does anyone else hate exercise???
    Photos
    View albums

Me, me! (Raising hand.) The only exercise I like is walking and I can't do that very much because I have bad feet and they hurt after about an hour, and then hurt for the next 2 days after that!
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I don't like to exercise either, so I do things that I don't consider to be exercise. I dance a lot. Belly dance, Hip hop, Club dancing, it's just not exercise to me. I garden, which surprisingly enough gets my heart pumping for a while. My biggie would have to be Wii Fit. If you can get it, it's definitely a good investment.

Hmm, dancing, planting something, and video games. Sounded like a good workout to me. LMAO.
    First, love and accept, then change.

Toccara Jones is my avatar and inspiration. :BTW:

Photos
    View albums

I do like the dvds...they can get a bit boring but I know that in 20 min or 30 min I will be finished. I really hate this Texas heat so exercising inside is almost a must for me.... plus that way my 3 yo son can run around the house while I do it.. alot of the time he just dances along side of me... we are a site to see...
    Houston Texas

325 -highest weight started weight watchers & exercise

265 - starting weight 06/19/2008 (on phen)

215- Current weight 08/09

Photos
    View albums

Red face uhhh

I hate to excersise anymore. I used to love it. I was an arobics freak and I would walk till no end. But now I just dont know what happened I think it is old age.lol. But I do try I walk on my treadmill once a week right now. At least it is something and now i have two jobs so maybe that will help me from sitting on my tush all the time . I wont have time to snack. I wish I had the walking videos . I use to have them and i got rid of them and now i wish i still had them. But I do know one thing that on that little time on the tread mill I feel so good afterwards and tell myself i will get back on the next day but I dont ..
    But hang in there and even if you hate it do it at least several times a week.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by HappyTexas View Post
    Yoga booty ballet??? The name alone has me curious... I might have to check that out! Thanks.

It also makes you more limber....that's why my hubby didn't mind that I bought 4 more.
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Photos
    View albums

Me Me Me I hate to exercise well that is not totally true. I love going for walks and I liked going to the gym back in the days when I lived where the gyms had daycare for your kids!!! The key was I am a SAHM and exercising gave me a chance to get away and have time for myself, or go walking with a friend. Not so much now, I have my kids all day and by the time I do dinner, baths, and bed it is between 830 and 9:30 and not only am I tired if I workout then, I will be up all night. I am already having problems being up all night. ( see I am really good at the excuses also) So this is the week that I am making myself do it. Today when son went down for a nap my daughter and I did a workout tape together. I am trying to dance more around the house with both of them, also I have a jump rope and tomorrow I am going to take them outside and while they are playing in the pool (baby) I will use it. I have no choice I promised my hubby I would exercise if we got laptops instead of the exercise machine we were going to get. Yes I know it might not have been the smartest choice but I wouldn't have gotten a second chance for the laptop but I will for the exercise equipment Sorry so long
    SW 5/24 188.8 started Phen
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/6 180 week 2 (179 @home)
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2
    7/31 172 WTH Start 37.7 tomorrow
    Avatar is me @ my wedding in 2001

Photos
    View albums

Yoga booty ballet??? The name alone has me curious... I might have to check that out! Thanks.
    Cindy

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I could have wrote your post, with the exception hate is not a strong enough word. LOL

I bought a recumbent bike - it's the laziest form of exercise ever, you literally can sit back, (cushioned back rest) and peddle.
    Also - beginning pilates is way easy.

I'm just starting to do water aerobics in our home pool, we'll see how that works ... jury is still out.

I wish, I pray that I will like exercise one day.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

Are your kids old enough to ride bikes? If so you can walk while they ride. When my kids get on my nerves I will put in a Yoga Booty Ballet DVD and make them do it with me. If it is not too warm, then I make them go to the track and walk while I jog or walk. But mine are 10 and 11.

I will say that they liked the YBB latin DVD so much that I ordered 4 more of the YBB DVDs. Have you tried them? They can be sorta cheesey, but I can feel it the next day.

forgot to say that the kids are making sure I work out everyday!!!
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Yes, I hate exercise also! I cannot get into workout dvds at all, just not motivated, so I mainly walk, seems like the easiest thing to do, I do kind of like this pilates dvd I have, it has good floor exercises, but other than that, I am not very well coordinated either!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Oh, i TOTALLY hated exercise when I first started. But after a while..I started to like it. I do video's at home.. Turbo Jam. But for someone who doesn't have coordination, I wouldn't reccomend it. My neice has NO coordination whatsoever, and HATED it.

I would however, suggest getting "The Biggest Losers" workout on DVD. It's not bad at all, and you definitely get a good burn doin it. The intervals are relatively short as well. 10 mins to sculpt, 10 mins cardio. Check it out. It's pretty doable.

Photos
    View albums

txchic- do you like the "Walk away the pounds" DVD's?
    Cindy

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I hate exercise also! I got one of those mini-trampoline's at Wal-Mart a month ago and have been doing it for 5 minutes 6 times a day. I had to buy a really good sports bra though! I also bought a jump rope but I'm not in good enough shape to do it yet. It kicks my butt.

I've got some weights some where in the closet that I need to get out and dust off!

Photos
    View albums

No, I don't have a ball... I don't know that I'm coordinated enough to use it.
    Cindy

Bronze Phenster nc_beached_whale's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

do you have a ball. You can do a ton of stretching and toning with the ball alone. I was kind of burned out on what to do with my ball other than typical crunches so I googled ball workout yesterday and I came up with a whole bunch of things to do.

I pretty much hate cardio, so I am not setting foot on a treadmill. I walk my dog, and I am trying to get back into swimming.
    See ya at the beach, I'll be the fat one in the thong.

:eatnphen1:]

Photos
    View albums

Hello Texas

I also hate exercise with a passion. I either walk or do the Walk Away the pounds DVD.. It is pretty low impact and even at my size it is easy to do. There a few different ones out there now. I do the 1 mile and 2 mile walk... it takes about 20 - 30 min and really makes a difference with my weight loss.
    Houston Texas

325 -highest weight started weight watchers & exercise

265 - starting weight 06/19/2008 (on phen)

215- Current weight 08/09

Photos
    View albums

I totally started exercising by walking too. first one mile then two, that sort of thing. Eventually I had to do more than walk to keep my heart rate in an aerobic mode, but honestly that works for probably months!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Photos
    View albums

umm i hate exercise and i still do! the only exercise i do ever is walking on the treadmill, and it has worked wonders. no running, no jogging.....JUST walking...for 30 minutes a day. you can pull that off when the kids are asleep or in the bathtub......even when they're eating. i've done it! i bought the cheapest treadmill wal mart had at the time which was around 250. i figure if you're walking then you're walking........all the same to me. unless i hit the lottery then i might buy some fancy machine just to help get rid of all my money. ANYWAY, i would reccomend it definitely.

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

Smile does anyone else hate exercise???

Okay, I'm going to be honest here and tell everyone now that I hate exercise. I am NOT coordinated, I do not have cute little workout outfits, and I always seem to find an excuse not to exercise. Acutally, it's quite impressive (my ability to procrastinate working out). Anyway, I know that to make this journey successful, I need to learn to exercise. Does anyone have any good ideas for a beginner? I have three small children, so gym memberships are out of the question. I really don't enjoy making a fool of myself anyway Is there anyone here that hated exercise at the beginning but learned to like it? Ideas???? Suggestions???
    Cindy