Question

Thread: Question

Bronze Phenster nc_beached_whale's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I had been taking mine 1/2 pill at 7 am and half anywhere between 2 and 5. No problems sleeping at night, but I felt like I had a lull in the afternoon. I wanted to take 3 halves in a day, but I tried it and I couldn't do it on time consistently, the I saw some people on here take a whole one after breakfast around 10 am, so I tried that, it made me have killer nausea for days, so this week I am back to taking 1/2 at 7am and late afternoon again, nausea is gone.

i work 10 and 12+ hour days sometimes so I need it to last all day and then some exercise even after a long work day without having to grub late night.
    See ya at the beach, I'll be the fat one in the thong.

:eatnphen1:]

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Happy Texas - This is what most of the phentemine websites say about when to take it...

It is best to take phentermine on an empty stomach before breakfast, or at least 10 to 14 hours before bedtime.

My starting face! My new do, 6 months later!

Photos
    View albums

Hi. I started Phentermine 37.5 mg tabs a month ago. I started at 238 lbs and im 5'4.5. I lost 4 lbs the first month logging my food and seeing a dietician also. I will be startin exercise this week. I take 1 whole tab 30 minutes before lunch and it usually last throughout the night i dont get hungry that often. I sleep just fine. I was on it years ago and stopped after a week because it was keeping me up. Then i took 1/2 pill around 1130then 1/2 pill around 3:30pm. I get heartburn, dry mouth, and overheated most of the time, but those are all manageble side effects. I also have hypothyroid and taking meds for 13 years as well as vitamin b12 deficiency that i get monthly shots for. So lets just say i have NO natural metabolism. Good Luck, hope all goes well

Last edited by Phen_Up; July 15th, 2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: weight tracker

Photos
    View albums

Not really. I actually find that I am pretty full for most of the day. I eat, I just eat Things that are more healthy. But I dont really find myself being more hungry in the evening. If so , I just have a small snack.

Typically my day goes
    Big water with pill (around 7am)
    Breakfast (around 8am)
    Lunch (around 11:30am)
    Snack (around 2-3pm)
    dinner(around 6pm)
    snack (around 8pm)

of course portion control is the key. And TONS of water in between it all. I am finding it hard to get to 1200 calories, whcih is weird for me to say. LOL. But I seem to be staying around 900 even with eating 3 meals and 2 snacks. I just cant seem to get more. Cause I just dont want it.
    All I want for Xmas- Onederland

Main Goal

Started 7/11 @ 260lbs.

7/13-First Weigh in- 256
    7/18- Excately 1 week on Phen- 250
    7/25-2 weeks on Phen-245
    8/4- Sq Cleanse- 241
    8/8- 238
    8/15- 235
    8/26-230
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

WEEK 3

WATER - 540 oz

EXERCISE -

WEIGHT: -3, -4, -3

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for this info... Thin4good, 23 lbs in one months is huge! Is that normal? Do people normally lose that much the first month?

Cashmonkies, do you find that you are hungry later in the afternoon since you take it at 7 AM?
    Cindy

Photos
    View albums

I just started less then a week ago, so I am not a veteran by any means. In the mornings I wake up (around 7am) and grab a big bottle of water. I come to the computer with my big bottle of water and take my pill. Once I finsih that bottle of water (about 40 minutes) then I go ahead and eat breakfast. Always takes me longer to finsih my first bottle of water. Its a new change for me, since I use to drink coffee in the morning, but I gave that up for water. So the first one always takes the longest. LOL. The rest I cant really help you with, but good luck on your journey!
    All I want for Xmas- Onederland

Main Goal

Started 7/11 @ 260lbs.

7/13-First Weigh in- 256
    7/18- Excately 1 week on Phen- 250
    7/25-2 weeks on Phen-245
    8/4- Sq Cleanse- 241
    8/8- 238
    8/15- 235
    8/26-230
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

WEEK 3

WATER - 540 oz

EXERCISE -

WEIGHT: -3, -4, -3

Photos
    View albums

Hi Cindy,

I was 232. 5 when I started. The scale said 199.2 when I stepped on it this morning. You can see my weight progression in my signature. I was pretty aggressive about what I changed the first month. Especially because I didn't feel like eating much. When you don't feel like eating it becomes even more important that you eat healthy!

As for when to take it. I always get hungry later in the day so for me I do need to take it later. But if you can't sleep you might want to try taking it ealier the first day and see if you start craving food later in the day, if you do, you need to move it to later.

I lost 23 in the first month, my doctor said typical is usually 8-12 the first month. If you set a reasonable goal of say 12 pounds the first month and you find yourself coming close to hitting it early you can always increase it.

Good Luck and welcome!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Photos
    View albums

Default Question

Today is officially my first day with Phentermine HCL 37.5. I have a couple questions for all you "veterans" out there. My doctor suggested that I take it at 10:00 AM. That makes me a little nervous because I have trouble sleeping now... I'm not sure how this will affect me. I plan on waiting a few weeks to see how the Phentermine works with my system before switching anything. But I was just curious about when the average time was that most of you took Phentermine (before breakfast or after). Also, I am curious about what to expect. I know it's different for everyone, but I find it a little motivating to have a small goal to work toward. I'm a teacher and school starts on August 25th. If today is day one, what is a realistic goal (one that would challenge me)? I am a whopping 230 lbs. The doctor listed my goal weight at 160. Would anyone be willing to share what to expect the first month? Thanks for all the help and I'm very appreciative that this site is here to help answer some of these questions.

Thanks,
    Cindy