this is long-winded but there is a question at the end!!

i think plateaus really screw with our mind. every time i've hit a plateau in the past i've told myself that was it...i couldn't lose anymore. i was just meant to be fat! this time i've tried to look at it differently (with a lot of support from others experiences here) and just stuck it out....not given up....and i have kept on losing. i hit a plateau and i was still like 180 i think......and i was like there's no way that i can be 180 and not be able to lose more...it's just not physically possible. so, just try to put your mind to it ...stick with it....and the pounds will come off, i promise!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

2. Advertising
    advertising

OK, I might even start a new thread on this topic because it's important, but I want to reply to you specifically rowantree.

It's very important to not put up mental blocks about how much weight you can lose based on the past. When we think we can't do something, we end up sort of convincing our bodies to not do it. The same is also true, when we think we CAN do something, we have a way of convincing our bodies to do it. I did this when I lost weight last time. In high school, at my most physically fit, when I was an all state athlete I weight between 178 and 185 at 5'2"! So when I was losing weight, gues where my weight loss stalled? Right in that range, because I'd never been smaller than that in my mind.

I had to have surgery to remove my gall bladder as I was having major attacks. And the only way to avoid those attacks was to basically cut fat out of my diet until the surgery. I got down to 168 during that period of time, because I was more focused on not having a gall bladder attack than I was on "I can't get blow this weight." It was amazing to see what happened when I changed my mentality. I also have a couple of things a trainer shared with me too. I'll probably start another thread to discuss, but don't let you brain talk you out of what you know you can do!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

I'm in Houston! I used to have a gym membership and I ((loved)) the elliptical! Soon I'll be able to go to the campus gym and I will definately be doing that again. Right now I just need things that I can do at home. I've been going to the chiropractor to help this problem but it just seems I can't go enough for the adjustments to do a whole lot for me.

I hate not being able to workout like I normally would because of my back!!! I mean..I could, but it would just make things worse ....and now b/c of this stupid headache :P ugh
    Starting Weight: 260lbs

First Goal: 200lbs w/NO phen (met a year ago)

-regained and hit a plateau

started phen on 6/24 @ 217lbs

Current Weight as of 7/23 - 202lbs !!

"Impossibility—a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools."-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -T.S. Eliot

"Well behaved women rarely make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Yeah, I've not been eating much at all cuz I fell sick and plus TOM is here ya know so I haven't lost, my body is holding onto what little I DO eat..you gotta get enough, too little is not good just as too much isn't.

Silver Phenster

What part of TX are you from?!? You sound just like me! I am at 190 right now. Make sure you are doing high protein. I do the eliptical. I love it because it tones and is cardio at the same time.
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie

I know that if you don't eat enough calories it slows down your metabolism. But on the other hand if you eat too many you gain. As far as the exercises go, I got myself one of those gazelles, they are pretty decent. It don't put that much strain on your joints/back. Also, I have a stationary bike that is amazing for toning the legs. If you need some more exercise ideas you could go to fittv.com.

Red face this is long-winded but there is a question at the end!!

I know the weeks following the first week on phentermine the weight loss slows down...the first week I lost about 8lbs and tomorrow I will know for sure just how much I've lost the second week-but I've lost 3 more lbs so far

but now I keep getting all paranoid that the phen is going to stop working for me...I guess because I'm getting closer to being below 200...and I have gotten below 200 as far as 193lbs...and then gone all the way back up to 217lbs...and back and forth everywhere in between...so I'm worried that I will either not get below 200 or that when I do I will gain it back real quick or not be able to lose anymore!! aah...(sorry for my ranting) ...I know you all understand how frustrating battling a plateau is

I think last week, two days I actually didn't eat enough and that I could have maybe lost more if I had eaten more than I did :P is that possible?

My question really is what are some good exercises I can add which I don't need to be standing for? I have a bad back and can do a limited amount of strenuous activity a week. Whenever I do more high level workouts I walk/run up and down the stairs in my apartment, use weights, kicks/punches and take a few walks a week just going places around the neighborhood. Today my back hurts too much but I still want to workout

well thanks for reading...however many different things I mentioned
    Starting Weight: 260lbs

First Goal: 200lbs w/NO phen (met a year ago)

-regained and hit a plateau

started phen on 6/24 @ 217lbs

Current Weight as of 7/23 - 202lbs !!

"Impossibility—a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools."-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -T.S. Eliot

"Well behaved women rarely make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich