2nd Check in - 10lbs by August
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I think that maybe a better idea would be to have a challenge for INCHES lost , not pounds. Because this gets us fixated on the number rather than our APPEARANCE, which is what really matters most. If your scale isn't moving OR it's moving in the undesired direction, that doesnt always mean you're getting FATTER. It could mean you're losing FAT and building MUSCLE. So a more accurate way to measure "weight loss" is not by the scale, but rather by INCHES LOST.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I was down 4 pounds but gained it back I am now trying to do all I can do to get that 10 pounds gone if not d*mn close! I'm doing something wrong!

Starting Weight: 197

Mini Goal 10 pounds

WEEK 1: 193 (lost 4 lbs)
    WEEK 2: 189.5
    WEEK 3: 192
    WEEK 4:
    WEEK 5:
    WEEK 6:

10 POUND CHALLENGE BY AUGUST FIRST! IM ON MY WAY!:

Photos
    View albums

hi everyone, i weighed this evening and im down to 225.7 thats almost 2lbs in 24 hours.
    All did was walk 1 mile yesterday evening, and then today really restricted my calories(not by choice)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Photos
    View albums

I am not sure what happened with my weight. My lowest over the weekend was 280.something...and now it's stuck around 284. It irritates me a bunch. I'm trying to not let it bother me...but it's not working too well.

Photos
    View albums

9lbs to go to get my 10 by August. Im working out 2hrs or more until then to get there. I am forced to also because my by-friend's birthday is August 4th!
    Enjoy the feeling of being hungry

Photos
    View albums

Yes, dalako!!!! hmph!! puffing!!! panting!!! LOLLL
    What I want for Xmas is... an Onederland!!!

almost!!!

Photos
    View albums

Keep it up everyone!!!!

"FIGHT THE FAT"

=D
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Photos
    View albums

I'm down to 254, Which leaves me with a 5 pound loss since Tuesday, the day I officially joined the challenge. HOORAY!!

Photos
    View albums

Went to my Dr. this am and I am down another 3 lbs. so my total for the challenge is 5 lbs...WHEW half way there. Good luck to you all, we can do this!!!

SW: 247 (started Phen 2-11-08)
    -71 lbs. in 7 months

02-12-09 154.6

*~*First Goal: 160 lbs. *~*
    *~*Second Goal: 150 lbs. *~*

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I am down 1.5 lbs!! WoOooHoooooO! Gosh! I was stuck for the longest time! 1.5 lbs ain't 6 lbs, but i'll take it!!
    And for those of you that are feeling in the dumps about your weight loss. I think I speak for everyone when I say that I FEEL YOU. We have all been stuck and lingered around the same weight or even pounced up a couple pounds or so. Our bodies are constantly active. Retaining and releasing water, digesting and emptying out food. It's really normal for the weight to fluctuate a bit. And the lowest number is the one you should take. hahaha.
    As for the scale not budging or every so slowly moving to the lower side, this is what I have been doing, and I think it's paying off.

Switch your routine up!! If you've been doing the same exercises, challenge yourself and do something different! For me, the challenge was Windsor Pilates and ab exercises. I've also, added in addition to my am work outs, a 1 mile walk after dinner. I read somewhere that it doesn't matter what workout you choose to do, there is not one workout that will really work only one part of your body. So if you're doing abs, or buns and thighs, yes you'll feel the soreness at those areas, but you're actually working out your entire body. And where you lose the inches is not determined by the specific parts you work out, that you don't get a choose it where it comes out. It works in your body as a whole. And as a whole you start to lose inches everywhere. So it doesn't matter which exercise you choose. But choose one thats a big challenge for you. Switch it up and see if this works.

Also, for me, I wasn't eating enough. I ate when I remembered to eat. I'm making a conscious effort to eat every couple-three hours. I have to set an alarm to remind me!! But this is seriously the biggest lesson i've learned. You need to eat to lose weight, and you need to eat at least 1000 calories, no more than 1200 (well thats for me and my body size/height) But if you dip less than that, your body will hang on to your weight. If you go over that, you'll see an increase in your weight.

So then I heard another theory, about how you should be recycling carbs. Meaning that you should alternate days when you take in more carbs than usual, and then offset that with days where you take in way more protein than usual. This is supposed to trick your metabolism. I'm afraid to test it out though. So if someone does this, or will try it. let me know how it goes!

Eat lots of protein and fiber. Drink lots and lots of water or you'll see the weight not budge because your body's hanging on to the water weight because you're dehydrated.

This was a long post. And i've mentioned random stuff here and there on my other posts, so sorry if this was a repeat for some of you! But think of it has a friendly reminder haha.

C'mon people, we can do this!!!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla0601 View Post
    I'm not doing well at all. My goal for the 10 pounds by Aug 1 is supposed to be 170 (was 180 when started). I'm down to 177 today but this whole thing (Phen, working out, eating right) just doesn't seem to be working as well for me as it does everyone else. And I have no idea why. I'm almost quite sure I won't get down to 170 by Aug 1. I can't seem to lose over 1 pound a week (if I lose at all).
    Vanilla, hang in there. Maybe you need to change what you are eating. Are you low carbing? low cal? Are you measuring your portions or just guessing? How often are you working out and what type of work out are you doing? Maybe it is time for you to just change things up a bit! Throw in an extra cardio workout or lower your carb intake for awhile and see if that works. You can do this!! Just have to figure out what works best for you! I have faith in you. Even if you don't make the 10 lbs, that is just one month out of the rest of your life. You can't let a slump get you down. I know you can do this. If I can do this, YOU can do this!
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Photos
    View albums

don't worry everyone..when i first signed up for this challenge i was @ 201 even..then the 4th of july weekend came along and i somehow got back up to 203.5..but now i'm losing again the weight gain might be water retention tho..i think mines was..i was eating a lot of salty food and not drinkin enough water..but like i said b4..dont worry too much, along the weight loss journey there will be some minor setbacks. just dont let them keep u down or take ur eyes off the ultimate prize(reaching ur goal weight!!).
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

Everyone you are doing great!!! Keep it up!
    ISOM~Sassy is right! Don't worry about the 'funk'.. i am in one currently. But my funk is pissy, depressed, annoyed, emotional...etc. LOL... I had a buster bar from Dairy Queen last night, plus cheetoes, crackers with boursin cheese... and that was just around dinner time! LOL I don't know when I am going to get out of my funk...hopefully it will past. Mean while~ I have to remind myself today is new.... that way I don't beat myself over it.... which I normally do, and then i get worse! =D

Remember Everyone~ Don't get discouraged!!! Even losing 1 lb is 1lb off of your body, and 1 lb closer to your goal!!!!
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by obscurevirtue View Post
    I am down 6 LBS total so far. I can't believe it...lol
    Whoo! Same here, I lost six lbs last Monday.....wanna race? :P LOL
    What I want for Xmas is... an Onederland!!!

almost!!!

Photos
    View albums

I am down 6 LBS total so far. I can't believe it...lol
    Last edited by obscurevirtue; July 15th, 2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: punctuation
    SW: 250 (6/16/08)
    240 (6/23/08)
    233 (7/06/08)
    230 (7/15/08)
    220 (7/30/08: 10lbs. in July---->goal met)

Photos
    View albums

According to my scale, I'm down 4. I'm going to the dr today for my monthly weigh in. I'll have an official count later on today.

You are all doing great!

SW 11/28/07 228.5

Last 5 Weigh-Ins
    CW 9/9/08 186.0
    CW 10/8/08 182.5
    CW 11/4/08 182.0
    CW 12/2/08 186.0 no phen for a month
    CW 12/30/08 184.5
    GW 150

Mini Goal # 1 199 REACHED!!!!
    Mini Goal #2 189 REACHED!!!
    Mini Goal #3 179

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by sassychica View Post
    Dalako...I didn't go overboard with the barbecue thank goodness. I had some kinda pork with some reallllllllly good rub on it that my mom made, a baked potato (at least without sour cream), a lil bit of macaroni and cheese..and I had some salad! Gosh it was goooood.

Maybe my scale was not weighing right this morning. It said 284.0 right after getting up and going pee. Well I was getting ready to take a shower and weighed myself again..and it said 281.4. This was an hour and half or so later. Crazy huh? Which I knew some of the 2 pounds i gained over the weekend was water...but dang. LOL!

Anyway...scat I think you're doing great at maintaining at your weight!! When at that weight it is soooo much harder to lose and so much easier to gain. You are doing super in my book!!

ISOM...Please remember that you're a beautiful woman! Inside and out!! You can beat this...we're all here for you! We will do whatever it takes to get you back on track!!

Thank you Sassy! You are so awesome you. You are good for an old lady's soul. Ever think of moving to Chicago? I need a buddy that can whip me into shape!
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by dalako View Post
    ISOM~ YOUR GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!!! But i think you already know that!!! Are you ok? Too much salt? Water? TOM?

Scat~ Holding still at your weight it still really good!!!! You are so close to your goal.... I don't see that as failing at anything!!!!!

Sassy~mmmmm bar-b-que!!! mmmmm enough said with that one! I hope you had some for me!!
    I have been in a real funk lately and eating everything in sight. I am determined to turn this around though.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by maddilougirl View Post
    Blah...I was down 2 lbs to 164 but this morning scales said 167.....but 2 weeks to go.....I will work my butt off.....I hope literally!!!!!
    Maddi...you are doing great! Keep it up. You've been doing good with your meals! ...And yes, by the way, I can see the weight loss. Don't make me come "down under" to point it out to you! Oh wait...MAKE ME, please!!!!!!

Photos
    View albums

im down 6.5 lbs, had a run in wiith mcdonalds today hope that dosent mess me up 3.5 more to go. Lets do this everyone!!

If something didnt work for you this week try something else.
    bump up your workout, or cut a few more carbs or cut down on your portion size.
    If your low carbing try adding some good carbs to one meal. See if that triggers something.

This has to be the first time that im losing on TMO, the cravings are a b**** though

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Photos
    View albums

Okay - I had jury duty today and couldn't check in until now - I was 201.4 this morning so I am down a total of 3.2 lbs total. I don't think I am going to make 6.8 lbs in the next 2 weeks, but I still trying!!!!
    Becca

1st minigoal - 210 lbs - MET June 1, 2008
    2nd minigoal - 199 lbs - MET July 17, 2008
    3rd minigoal - 185 lbs

SW - 219 5-12-08
    CW - 208 6-12-08 - 1 month dr. weigh in
    CW - 204.6 7-1-08 - August 1 10lb Challange Start
    CW - 201 on 7-11-08 - 2 month dr. weigh in
    CW - 201.4 on 7-15-08 - 2nd Week check in for Challange!
    CW - 201.0 on 7-21-08 - 3rd Week check in for Challange

Down 3.6 lbs for August 1 - 10lb challange.

Photos
    View albums

Blah...I was down 2 lbs to 164 but this morning scales said 167.....but 2 weeks to go.....I will work my butt off.....I hope literally!!!!!

Photos
    View albums

Congratulations to those of you close to the 10lb mark!

I'm stuck hovering around 179-180 My goal was supposed to be 171, so I still have about 8-9lbs to lose in 16 days (not sure how the heck that's gonna happen)

If nothing happens by the end of the week I'm gonna try some low carb for a few days and see if that helps.(((((((fingers crossed))))))

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

Photos
    View albums

I am not doing too great. My weight is just soooooooooooooooooooooooo slow to come off! I am down 2lbs in the past two weeks.
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Photos
    View albums

ahh! i hate mondays! i'm always so bad over the weekend! last monday's check in i was 170.2, and this morning i was 170.4! but my lowest weight this week was 166.8, so i'm going to try REALLY hard not to be bad this upcoming weekend, and hopefully it will be even lower than that. this 10 lb. challenge is kicking my butt!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast