Off Topic but.........
    Photos
    View albums

I too am getting ready to start back to school but fortunately for me, I haven't had to worry about this. I am doing my degree through Phoenix online and can take all my classes online. I don't have to work around a job but reading through, I would deffinetely talk to your teacher and if that doesn't work, you already hate your job so what the heck, get a new one. Hey, aren't you going to have a degree when you are done? work in a freakin gas station until then if you have to. GET THE DEGREE!!!
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Well speaking as a single mom who is now two classes from her bachelors degree, I would say make some career changes because thats what I had to do. I wasnt going to let a dead end job keep me from my goals. I know I didnt have mortgages and I paid off my car so I was able to live with the cutbacks. I would look at your situation and see what is doable for you. There were some hard times but I made it. I used to have a job that turned my stomach everyday I went to it and I made excellent money, but I gladly enjoyed the struggles of school over going in there being miserable. Good luck on your decisions.

Photos
    View albums

Thumbs up

Your best bet would be to get a job in a hospital....12 hour shifts...AND most encourage their employees to go back to school...especially for nursing!!!! I work for CHW mercy hospital in California and they reimburse you a pretty good amount for cost to go to school to become a nurse....it not only benefits you but the hospital. 12 hour shifts are great when you have kids.....full time is 3 days per week....So classes are a breeze to work around. And most hospitals have daycare facilities for employees. you could work weekends and 1 day during the week while going to school.
    I hope my info is helpful.

Photos
    View albums

I am a professor at a community and technical college and one of my job responsibilities is advising. I always tell students that they should always talk to their professors one-on-one when they have situations similar to yours. Most of the people I teach with are flexible for students in situations like yours. Of course, a lot of our students are working, have kids, etc and going to school. I will always work with a student who has good attendance and works hard to do a good job on what is required in my class.

As far as not wanting to be stuck in a job you hate forever, I always encourage my students to stay in school and finish. I love my job and I can't imagine having to work at a job I hated. I also do a lot of speaking to high school students and this is something I talk about to them. I tell them that time will pass anyway so they might as well go for whatever career they want. It's better to spend those few years out of your life so that you get several years of enjoyment/satisfaction from a career you love.

OK...I'm done with my sermon! Hope it helps. I just love to see people end up doing something they love.

Photos
    View albums

yeah, you never can tell what a professor will be like. most of them are pretty strict. but last semester, for example, i had to take my daughter out of gymnastics which she LOVES (that's one of the many sacrifices i was talking about) because i had a class during the same time as her class. well, class started on the first night and this girl walked up to the professor and says, " my stepson has basketball games at 6:00 on the night of this class, so would it be okay if i leave early so i can go watch him?" the professor was like, "oh yeah, of course. that's fine....just make sure you get the assignments from someone, blah blah." i was sitting there like WHAT!? well, that would've been nice to know that i could've just skipped outta class an hour and a half early and taken my daughter to gymnastics. i just never dreamed that it would've been an option because the attendance policies are usually so strict. so, you never can tell, but it's worth a try. your situation is a little different, and most people try to help working mothers when they are trying to help themselves. let us know what happens!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

The college is not far from my job maybe about 15-20 min. I didn't think about speaking to the teacher, that may work. Yeah talking to my boss won't do any good, I had another situation relating to childcare issues and scheduling and my request was denied.

I may see about using my vacation to leave early, so that I can make my classes. That may be the answer along with taking what I can online.

Thanks for your input........very much appreciated

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

Photos
    View albums

it's a tough decision. i had to quit my full time job to go back to school. every semester my school schedule changes and it's a struggle finding a job that will work around it. i've definitely had to make some sacrifices, but i just keep telling myself it will be worth it when i'm finished. thank god i have my husband to back me up. i was a single mom for awhile and i didn't think i was ever going to make it back to school. i had to work full time and it was just impossible. have you looked into internet classes? i did that for awhile. of course, once you get so far into the courses you can't do them online anymore, but it's a start. how far is the school from your job? maybe you could talk your boss into letting you leave 15 minutes early? or talk to your professor and let them know your situation....a lot of them won't mind if you come in a few minutes late. good luck!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

Default Off Topic but.........

I have a dilemma. I've always wanted to go to nursing school, but the problem is my work schedule. I don't get off until 6pm and that is when the evening classes begin.
    My job is not very flexible in terms of changing my schedule, especially since my major would not be related to my current job. I don't know what to do..........it's really bad to go to a job everyday that you absolutely HATE.

(((Sigh))) I can hear the age clock ticking, so I have to make decision soon. I don't want to be miserable in my career for the rest of my life.

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9