For those that struggle thread...

That's fantastic news! If you need any more assistance, just let us know what he does and I might be able to offer some suggestions.
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

2. Advertising
    advertising

Smile Thank you to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by thin4good View Post
    Hey MindaLynn,

How's it going w/ your fiance? Let us know if we can be of any help!
    Update - He is feeling much better and working hard to find something. I got a few leads from people I work with so he will follow up with them. My best friend showed up at house with tons of food! So sweet! So, we are not starvin - NO MORE RAMEN!

I must say I am overwelmed at the kindness and understanding from ALL of you! I am very grateful to have have such wonderfull people in my life!!! Much love to all of you!

Hey MindaLynn,

How's it going w/ your fiance? Let us know if we can be of any help!
    41 down 36 to go!

7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

You can try this. Sorry if it doesn't help much but its a nice list of things to try. http://www.ratracerebellion.com/CS_Comparison.html

Default Mindalyn

First: Let me shake your hand!
    Two: Let me give you a hug
    Three: I will say a prayer for you.

#1 I am sooo glad you didn't bash your fiance for being out of work. It's a tough world ou there. I'm so glad that he shows concern though because even though he didn't aknowledge a good nite kiss, he still loves you. Poor guy, he is probably worried sick about the hot meal that's going to be on the table tomorrow, and he is probably worried sick of the thought he may have let you down. I'm sure he appreciates the huggs and kisses, don't be upset if he doesn't show his appreciation. Guys often feel like they should be the bread winners of the house hold. I wish your family of 3 lots of success and prayers from my family to yours.

#2 C'mere!!! {{{Huggs}}} It's okay to cry sister. It's okay to be worried. Remember the Lord only puts what he thinks your family can handle throughout the course of your life.Stay strong and stay positive, sounds like he's taking care of you right now! Don't stop giving your fiance huggs and kisses because he doesn't show appreciation. Continue to support him, and he will support you as well.

#3 Your handle name will forever be in my heart because we'll say a prayer for you

Take care! Be strong! Because the Lord is walking with you, no away from you.

Suz
    I am no longer fighting the world to prove I am comfortable being A BIG girl.. Because I was only fighting myself...

On a mission, not looking back at what I was, but starting a new me..

it will get better, i promise! last year my husband decided to start up his landscaping business again after being out of it for awhile. he did, and it went okay...but it wasn't great because he was trying to build up a customer base, etc. THEN, when winter came....oh...my....god! it was just like you said...he was depressed cus he was out of work. i was struggling and worrying. things were pretty tense for awhile. i was going to school, working, and then would come home to the house being a wreck and take it out on him. like, "you weren't doing anything all day so why isn't this place clean?!" we had to cancel vacation last year cus of $$$. so glad that's over. this year he has so much work he can't take it all on, we're going on vacation, and i'm only working part time. so, point of the story.....it WILL get better. you'll make it through, just hang in there!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Diamond Phenster

I use to be a people pimp as well ... like Thin4good. More details are needed.

Also - I just want to say - try to stay positive, things are tough all over.

Best of luck to you.

ps: Also - I'm volunteering thin4good's services, send her your BF's resume let her critique it for you.

I did that for so many folks .. it helps to have a 3rd person give it the once over and make suggestions.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Minda, you didn't mention what your fiance did before he was laid off? I'm a recruiter, if I knew what he was doing before, I might be able to offer some suggestions on what he could do to find something.
    Last edited by thin4good; July 11th, 2008 at 10:21 PM.
    41 down 36 to go!

7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

My husband is a finish carpenter and he had to apply for unemployment insurance for a few weeks. We got a little bit of money to help us out per week and they also have many employers list available jobs with them. I would contact your local office. If he's feeling down on himself like it's his fault you might have to initiate this, as he will be feeling to ashamed and not want to get unemployment.
    Started Phen 7/2/08
    SW: 177
    Height: 5'5"

8/6/08
    8/13/08
    8/20/08
    8/27/08
    9/3/08
    1st Goal: 164 by August 1st (-10lbs in 4 weeeks) MET! 7/19/08
    2nd Goal: 149 by September 28rd (-15lbs)
    GW: 135 by Christmas 2008

i know exactly where you're coming from been there done that. i keep you and your family in my prayers hang in there

I am sorry, I don't know what to say, but I hope everything works out for you guys and SOON! I wish you Luck and I will keep you in my prayers.
    SW-04/18/08-212 -my highest weight EVER
    CW-05/02/08-205.5
    CW-05/17/08-204~~scale is finally moving again!!~~
    CW-6/2/08-203
    CW-6/8/08-199.5~ONEDERLAND!!!!!!~
    CW-6/11/08-199
    CW-7/11/08-196

****MINI GOAL-200****PASSED MY MINI GOAL ON 6/8/08!!!!
    ****MINI GOAL-195****

Sorry no advice here...but GOOD LUCK AND HANG IN THERE!!!!
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Default Bedtime

Quote Originally Posted by scatanafas View Post
    So sorry that you are going through this.......something will turn up , you just have to be positive. there is enough work for everyone in this country, which is probably why foriegners are coming here to find work! Try and be patient with h im, he is going through a hard time and probably doesn't mean to take it out on you..he's just really frustrated. Men put alot of emphasis on being able to support their families and alot of the time when they can't it really makes them nutso. Moreso than a woman....(women support families too, but with men its all about their ego being bruised too....)

hang in there....
    Thanks Scat! I can definitley tell in the bedroom when he is not working....LOL. I have to get him back to work so we can have some sweet naughty lovin!

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by socialite View Post
    I don't have a man, nor one anywhere in sight, but what I can say is a "real man" has pride, wants to provide for his family and it kills them when they can't do that. So the fact that he is acting the way that he is, is a good thing. If you were on here complaining that he is out of work and telling you about what was on judge mathis today...well then I would tell you to pack up and bounce!!! I would recommend being supportive (which sounds like you are) and not to take his attitude personally. "Real men" take things like this very hard.
    I know everything will work out for you all, as long as he is really applying himself. I was having a hard time finding a job for about a month and half, but it wasnt until I threw a good tantrum and aggressively went after it that I found a job in a few days. God Bless!
    I appreciate your input. I totally understand - I definitley wouldbe concerned if he didn't care! Right now, I feel like he was just given up and he can't! I cannot support the 3 of us on my income let alone pay all the rent, bills etc. Hopefully, when I get off work today we can talk about things. My month weigh in is today so hopefully it will be good news to cheer me up!

So sorry that you are going through this.......something will turn up , you just have to be positive. there is enough work for everyone in this country, which is probably why foriegners are coming here to find work! Try and be patient with h im, he is going through a hard time and probably doesn't mean to take it out on you..he's just really frustrated. Men put alot of emphasis on being able to support their families and alot of the time when they can't it really makes them nutso. Moreso than a woman....(women support families too, but with men its all about their ego being bruised too....)

hang in there....

I don't have a man, nor one anywhere in sight, but what I can say is a "real man" has pride, wants to provide for his family and it kills them when they can't do that. So the fact that he is acting the way that he is, is a good thing. If you were on here complaining that he is out of work and telling you about what was on judge mathis today...well then I would tell you to pack up and bounce!!! I would recommend being supportive (which sounds like you are) and not to take his attitude personally. "Real men" take things like this very hard.
    I know everything will work out for you all, as long as he is really applying himself. I was having a hard time finding a job for about a month and half, but it wasnt until I threw a good tantrum and aggressively went after it that I found a job in a few days. God Bless!

Prncssmn7

I am new here and this may not be what you want to do, but around here they have blood plasma donations that pay $50-$60 for 2 donations. Between the 2 of you that's $100 a week. Also, check out Angel Food Ministries or your local food bank. Angel Food gives you a box of food for about $30 and they accept food stamps. And food banks simply give out food. http://www.angelfoodministries.org/menu.asp and google your area for food banks. They do have Angel Food in Colorado, I checked for you. HTH!

Any advise would be greatly appreciated, thank you for all the support you have provided! I am trying to be positive!
    Last edited by Mindalynn; July 11th, 2008 at 02:00 PM.

Default For those that struggle thread...

Thank you, Raquel! This means a lot to me and it is perfect timing.

Sorry ahead of time for this rant but I need to vent!

My fiance has been laid off for about 4 months now and is having a heck of a time finding full time work. He has been getting really depressed and feeling "less of a man" for not being able to support his family. I am trying my best to support him and I tell him everyday that I appreciate his efforts. He has pretty much been taking any little work he can get but its just not enough. Not sure if you all know what Labor Ready or Labor Finders is but basically a bunch of guys go and sit in a room at 5:30am waiting for work for the day. Usually, its back breaking work like moving huge rocks all day or pulling weeds - only pays $7.25-$7.75 an hour! Some of the time he cannot even get work there. So, yesterday he was feeling down after not getting work for the day and on top of that got 2 rejection letters from places he applied. When I got home, all I wanted to do was hug him and reassure him things will work out - which is weird because I am ususally the one freaking out. He became angry and told me his future is going to be s**t and he must be loser if no one will hire him. This is soooo out of character for him, he is always loving, helpful, senstitive and positive which helps me stay strong. I told him that we are engaged and starting a new future together and we will make it through this. Yes, we are struggling to eat every day and way behind on bills but we have eachother and a wonderful 7 year old. We are not under a bridge or in a shelter, we will be okay! I just cried after that, I feel like he is giving up. He didn't notice I was upset, he didn't even kiss me good night - just went to bed. I really feel like he is giving up - he didn't even get up for work this morning...looks like I will be taking out another loan. Grrrrrr.....thank you ladies for your support!