advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

scat, you can order the XL version on amazon or ebay

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Great tips ... here's my dry foot tip ...

They have gel slippers at Walmart for 10 bucks, they are great.

Never heard of the Philosophy line... got to check it out.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

well then i wont be able to get XL until I get to bermuda next year....darnit...

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Man! I wished I read all this BEFORE going out to Target!

I'm $147 down the drain! I'm such an impulse ******r. I knew I shoulda stayed away.
    I have vaseline at home, too!

Well I ended up picking the Sally Hansen foot cream cause it actually says money back guaranteed! And I also saw these heel cradle velcro wrapped thing by sally hansen, for those that don't want to wear the socks.. it was about 6 bucks.

I think I'm gonna return the bulk of stuff I bought .

Scat, the La Roche Posay can be bought at a drugstore..like CVS, Walgreens. But you can find them on Amazon or any online site as well. You'll see that there are two kinds SX, and XL. The SX is the only one FDA approved in the US. But france and Canada i think have XL, and they say XL is better. So I'd go w/ that.

Photos
    View albums

That foot cream definitely works. I use it every night and I love it!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Photos
    View albums

Great idea! I would love it if someone gave me that as a gift, so i wouldn't ahve to go to walmart and find the stuff...what a smart idea to wear your footies when you have sneakers on....cool....

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

ok I have the best fix for you guys and the cheapest. Vasaline is not only the cheapest it really works the best. Works great under your eyes also (use just a little at night). Aquaphor is good but really just a type of vasaline and more costly
    Here's my tip; go to the makeup section in Wallmart, there will be half an isle in the makeup department that is all peidcure type stuff. Buy these three things; Freeman brand Bare foot Creamy Pumice Food Scrub for $2.97, it comes in a 5.3 oz tube which is reddish colored. Buy a pumise type stone, I like the kind that is flat and has a handle. Then also pick up two pairs of the ped type footies that are hanging by the foot scrubs, they run around $3-$4 a pair. Get you feet warm, wet, and clean then use the foot scrub, and rub it around with the pumice. Make sure you rinse all the scrub off, I have come out of the shower only to realize my feet were still gritty. Get a pair of thefooties and a pair of socks, I like the athletic type of ankle footies. Then use a combination of vasaline and a bit of a thick body lotion and rub both all over your feet, then put the peds on and over it put the socks. Since I work from home I wear this a lot during the day, I can even wear winter shoes or tennis shoes while wearing the footie and the sock. In about 3 days you feet will feel like a baby's bottom, then you don't have to do it that often, about 3 days a week should do it. Using the vasaline and socks is the most important. I say get two pairs of footies because you will need a spare when one is in the wash, I do wear mine two or three times before washing them, but that's when I don't wear them out of the house. Vasaline is greasy but when you wear the footies it does not seem to matter, just make sure you have all your stuff together since you will not want to walk around barefoot after putting on the vasaline

These are all very inexpensive products but give the best results. When I need to give a girlfriend a gift I often make this up in a little basket or dollar store gift bag or makeup bag, it makes a cheap but very appreciated gift, my gf all have loved it.
    Last edited by Active Gal; July 11th, 2008 at 03:48 PM.

Silver Phenster sergeantsgirlfriend's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

All of the Philosophy products are great. The Eye Believe cream is great for dark circles under the eyes. Those are the only products that I use now. Well I do use this L'Occitane shower cream with shea butter. It's a cream not a gel so it doesn't bubble up like a shower gel but it makes your skin feel so soft.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by scatanafas View Post
    since starting phen my skin is really crappy..someone once told me that it dries us up on the inside, why wouldn't that show on the outside and she was right...think about it, you are thirsty for a reason..your body needs WATER....
    She's right. Since taking Phen, I've been suffering with dry eyes (I'm constantly wetting my contact lenses), and TMI... KY-Jelly has been my best friend next to dh.
    SW -- 206 --10/8/07 (weight loss center)

CW-- 182 --03/29/09 (back to taking Phen @ weight loss center)

183.4-- 09/16/09 (off Phen for now- no prescription until Dec)

Photos
    View albums

I just can't stand anything too greasy, so I keep away from vaseline....

since starting phen my skin is really crappy..someone once told me that it dries us up on the inside, why wouldn't that show on the outside and she was right...think about it, you are thirsty for a reason..your body needs WATER....
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the tips, Scat. I've seen Hope in a Jar at Sephora and thought nothing of it, since there are so many products out there. I'll give it a try. I'm another believer in Vaseline. I use it on my feet, elbows, knees...even my hands in the winter. It's cheap and works better than those expensive foot lotions that are out in market.
    SW -- 206 --10/8/07 (weight loss center)

CW-- 182 --03/29/09 (back to taking Phen @ weight loss center)

183.4-- 09/16/09 (off Phen for now- no prescription until Dec)

Photos
    View albums

great tip! vaseline is good, and so is aquaphor, both are relatively inexpensive.

Photos
    View albums

I can vouch for the vaseline! It makes your feet feel wonderful and its cheap. I am glad to know I am not the only person who cant stand to sleep in socks. Feels like I am getting tangled up or something lol

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My husband says I have "slave feet"....I say thats cause I am an effin' slave. heh. Maybe I'll pick up sum that lotion but I dunno...I don't wann lose my secret weapon!
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie

Prncssmn7

I am obsessed when it come to my feet, so here's my tip...

Vaseline. Yes, Vaseline. That will fix alot. Get some at the 99cent store, slather some on either after a shower, before you go to bed ( I am not one that can usually stand socks on in bed, but I do it) or when you're cleaning the house with some old schlubby socks. Your feet will feel FANTASTIC after!
    Last edited by Prncssmn7; July 11th, 2008 at 02:22 PM.

Photos
    View albums

I believe it is on Maui...that is where her house is.

she must look scary with no makeup on...I mean I know that I do , but she is wearing tons of it all the time..LOL....I remember her from the love boat..all those groovy outfits..and the merv griffin show

Photos
    View albums

Default He he

Quote Originally Posted by scatanafas View Post
    OMGOSH>>>That is SO FUNNY! I LOVE Charo. We went to hawaii on our honeymoon and she lives there and has a restaurant there, but someone told me she is never at the restaurant..it is a tourist trap....so I never got to see Charo...

Actually Charo is an accomplished musician, she plays classical guitar..i have her CD..I'm such a nerd!
    I have never heard any of her music but it was kinda cool to see her in person. What kind of food does her place serve and what island is it on?

Photos
    View albums

OMGOSH>>>That is SO FUNNY! I LOVE Charo. We went to hawaii on our honeymoon and she lives there and has a restaurant there, but someone told me she is never at the restaurant..it is a tourist trap....so I never got to see Charo...

Actually Charo is an accomplished musician, she plays classical guitar..i have her CD..I'm such a nerd!

Photos
    View albums

Scat - check out my post LOL

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by chubs View Post
    Scat, I have those skanky hooves too! I will definitely pick that up at Target today. I just purchased a Pedegg not long ago, and it works good, but great because it hasn't solved the problem. Socks are difficult to use when sleeping, but if you go to Footsmart.com they have these heel covers specifically for "skanky hooves".

Let me add my favorites while I am here.

La Roche Posay Anthelios with MExoryl Spf 14-50. The one they sell in the US is SPF 15. Its mosturizing and feels good on my skin even under make up. But the SPF 15 was a little ..too little. The Dermatologist I worked for explained that 15, 30, 40, 50.... there isn't much a difference between the numbers. And it's the ingrediant Mexoryl that is KEY. He doesn't advise people to use anything other than that brand, and Neutrogena with Helioplex. They are they only two proven ingrediants that help combat broad spectrums of UVA/UVB .

Revitalash or Massive lash. It really works. My lashes are noticeably longer! IT took 3-4 weeks before I noticed though.

There are more..cant think right now. I'm excited to get that foot cream. Going...right now!
    I have heard of La Roche but can never find their products. Where did you get it? I am going to write that down. I am ALL for protecting my skin...the neutrogena with helioplex I use now, I also use Shiseido.

Photos
    View albums

SCAT!!! That is Charro right? OMG, I am having a pretty rough day and that just made me smile form ear to ear. My fiance and I went to Hawaii in March (before he was laid off) and on the way back we had a lay over in LA. We were stuck there for 4hours so we decided to get drunk! LOL So, we walk out of the bar to head back to the terminal.....guess who is there? CHARRO!!! She had no make up on and looked horrible and she was screaming at her body guard and stumbling! We were almost rolling on the floor it was so funny!!!!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Scat, I have those skanky hooves too! I will definitely pick that up at Target today. I just purchased a Pedegg not long ago, and it works good, but great because it hasn't solved the problem. Socks are difficult to use when sleeping, but if you go to Footsmart.com they have these heel covers specifically for "skanky hooves".

Let me add my favorites while I am here.

La Roche Posay Anthelios with MExoryl Spf 14-50. The one they sell in the US is SPF 15. Its mosturizing and feels good on my skin even under make up. But the SPF 15 was a little ..too little. The Dermatologist I worked for explained that 15, 30, 40, 50.... there isn't much a difference between the numbers. And it's the ingrediant Mexoryl that is KEY. He doesn't advise people to use anything other than that brand, and Neutrogena with Helioplex. They are they only two proven ingrediants that help combat broad spectrums of UVA/UVB .

Revitalash or Massive lash. It really works. My lashes are noticeably longer! IT took 3-4 weeks before I noticed though.

There are more..cant think right now. I'm excited to get that foot cream. Going...right now!

Photos
    View albums

I swear by Hope In A Jar!!! And all philosophy products! they're really the best!

Photos
    View albums

Lightbulb Scat's Picks

Been a while since I did this, and I know y'all missed it.

Philosophy Hope In A Jar....Really great face cream. It doesn't feel greasy, you dont' have to use a ton of it and now it comes with an SPF! GROOVY! Can be found at Sephora.

Dr Scholls' for Her Ultra Overnight Foot Cream
    Okay I don't know about y'all, but when done doing the wild thing and I'm in bed playing footsie with a man I don't want the brotha thinking I have goat hooves for feet.....I tend to get taht dry nasty skin in the heel area. Yes, I get pedicures but do you really think that helps? HELL NAW! I got this stuff and it works really well...I use a pumice in the shower on my skanky hooves and at night i try to remember to use this foot cream before bed...it would be better if I put socks on but I can't sleep in socks....once i wrapped some gauze around my foot though and that helped to make the cream soak in...it definitely helps..just rub it in really well so you don't get skank sheets.

Nothing in the food industry as of late to get me excited. After t he new Fiber one bar came out its been downhill from there..unless there is something out there that I just don't know about. I am starting to shy away from processed foods so it isn't like i've been actively seeking out products, but if anyone knows of something good then please let us know.

Okay, have a happy day y 'all....
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........